Don't hate me for my privilege, hate my entire race

whatever. they are Jewish religious teachings. If your are Jewish, you consider the books of what we call the Old Testament to be sacred texts.

yes------religious jews consider the books of what you call "old testament" to be
sacred texts. The Old Testament does not include the Talmud. Jews do not call
what you call "the old testament" ------"the old testament' "the old testament' is made up of another collection of books. For example-----the book of psalms---is just
that------the book of psalms.
So, same song, different verse. In other words, you worship a God that commands Jews to lie in order to take control of a country. The founding texts of your culture instruct Jews, when they want to take over a country, to claim they come in peace. If the people of that country welcome the Jews, the Jews are to enslave those people once they gain entry. If the people do not welcome the Jews, the Jews are to lay siege to the country (as the Jews did to Germany in WWI) and when it collapses, God tells them to kill all the males and enslave the women and children and take all their possessions as God's gift to the Jews.
Please provide context.

When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it. And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee. And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it: And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Deut 20:11

When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it. And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee. And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it: And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Excellent...
Now using the information that the Torah provides in the Book of Genesis and Exodus and in the verses leading up to this paragraph, explain why God's point of view is justified.

Excellent...
Now using the information that the Torah provides in the Book of Genesis and Exodus and in the verses leading up to this paragraph, explain why God's point of view is justified.
If you can justify slavery, deceit, and genocide with the Torah, then do it. And think hard about what kind of people would worship such a vicious, bloodthirsty God.

Excellent...
If you can justify slavery, deceit, and genocide with the Torah, then do it. And think hard about what kind of people would worship such a vicious, bloodthirsty God.
What I find fascinating is that you have done zero research.
Your quote requires research.

In the meanwhile, your recent ancestors committed atrocities beyond reproach.
Atrocities not based upon verses in The New Testament.

Whose religions invokes more actual violence?

Excellent...
What I find fascinating is that you have done zero research.
Your quote requires research.

Whose religions invokes more actual violence?
The verse is the verse. And you can't defend it. Admit it. Your God is a criminal.

And it's interesting your tribeswoman, iRosie, has slunk quietly out the back. I imagine it's the first time in her life she is quiet.

Which ancestors would that be?
Virtually every European.
As far as the verse is the verse, would you read a paragraph out of a book and presume to make judgements upin the entire book.
I think you're more intelligent than that.

Like Voltaire said, Jews: when times are bad, they are obsequious grovelers; when good, insufferable. Is Leviticus a part of the Talmud?

"Voltaire said" Your general knowledge is abysmal. Is mad magazine your handbook for living?
Answer my question: Is Leviticus a part of the Talmud?

no

What are Talmund and Leviticus?

(I am not too religiously inclined)
The Talmud is the compendium of Jewish religious teachings. What we Christians call the Old Testament and include in our Bible (for some insane reason) is part of it.

The Torah is the first five books of the Christian Bible. I think the Talmud is something entirely independent of the Bible.

Forum List

Back