Donald Trump Receives Hero’s Welcome at Liberty University

• Evangelicals See Donald Trump as Man of Conviction, if Not Faith

NY Times ^ | MAGGIE HABERMAN and THOMAS KAPLAN
    Buford Arning, a retired building-supply executive in Statesville, N.C., went to church each week until a pinched nerve made it hard for him to leave his house. He believes in living a faith-filled life. But he does not demand piety of his preferred presidential candidate, Donald J. Trump. “Am I a Bible toter that gets out and preaches on the side of the street and tries to convert everybody? No,” said Mr. Arning, 62, who calls himself an evangelical voter. He said he believed that Mr. Trump was “a Christian man,” and that was good enough. Mr. Trump may not...

• Trump Takes A HUGE Stand For Christianity…Says What Obama Won’t!!!

Conservative Post ^ | 1/18/2016
    TRUMP TAKES A STAND... Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump spoke at Christian university, Liberty University, on Monday and said "Christianity is under siege." "Somehow we have to unify," he said. "We have to band together. We have to do really, in a really large version, what they've done at Liberty. Because Liberty University has done that," Trump said. "You've banded together. You've created one of the great universities, colleges, anywhere in the country, anywhere in the world. And our country has to do that around Christianity," he continued. "So get together, folks. And let's do it. Because we can do...

Oh come on MDK!!

Are you saying if you are saddled with an afternoon and no football you would rather sleep in than go see a wild Trump rally.

Not even a little bit curious?

Oh, I would attend in a hot second. Sadly, my state doesn't get very many primary candidate visitors since it almost always wrapped up by then. PA's primary is April 26, which is super late in the season.

I attended Obama's and Romney's speeches when they came to Pittsburgh in 2012 despite not voting for either of them. I enjoy politics too much.

'"Christianity, it's under siege," Trump proclaimed early in his speech to the crowd of about 10,000 -- overwhelmingly Liberty University students who are required to attend the university's tri-weekly convocations.'

Trump's 'proclamation' is a lie.

And as student attendance is required, the thread's ridiculous premise fails.

'"Christianity, it's under siege," Trump proclaimed early in his speech to the crowd of about 10,000 -- overwhelmingly Liberty University students who are required to attend the university's tri-weekly convocations.'

Trump's 'proclamation' is a lie.

And as student attendance is required, the thread's ridiculous premise fails.

And the deafening cheers by the students? Yes you left that part out, shocker. :laugh:

Forum List

Back