DONALD TRUMP at CPAC? Contender for President?

Donald Trump for President of the United States?

• No way in hell!!!

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • I'll need a lot more convincing.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm interested and watching.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Yes!!! Let's elect him.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Whatever one thinks of Donald Trump, he gave a speech at CPAC that got a lot of attention. He said some things that at least some of us are hungry to hear.

I don't know, but maybe the USA is ready for a leader like him?

What do you think? Do you want him to run? Are you interested? Or does the idea seem absurd or distasteful to you?

LOL! Donald Trump only cares about two things other than making money. One is the sound of his own voice. The other is the sound of others showering him with praise. That second reason is why he showed up at CPAC.

The irony (and pity of it all) is that Trump showed up there just to get his ego stroked, and he knew EXACTLY what to say to make it happen. And the CPAC crowd responded just like Pavlov's dogs to the sound of a bell.

I think Trump is running because he is incensed that America is declining economically and seen as weak abroad. Americans are hungry for a President who puts America first, I think he's a good chance of defeating Obama. Much better than Palin or Paul.

:) Damn. I still have to spread rep before I can give it to Samson again. :)

You might want to explain that too?

It's okay Sallow. One of those I guess 'inside jokes'. If you get it, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, no explanation is possible.

Really?

I'll do it then.

You guys didn't accurately read what I posted. Then thought you could do a cute "gotcha".

But in a nutshell.

Trump names each and every property he buys..after himself.

George Washington had a city and state named after him as an honor by the Government.

That neither of you see the difference is both laughable and sad.

Whatever one thinks of Donald Trump, he gave a speech at CPAC that got a lot of attention. He said some things that at least some of us are hungry to hear.

What do you think? Do you want him to run? Are you interested? Or does the idea seem absurd or distasteful to you?

LOL! Donald Trump only cares about two things other than making money. One is the sound of his own voice. The other is the sound of others showering him with praise. That second reason is why he showed up at CPAC.

The irony (and pity of it all) is that Trump showed up there just to get his ego stroked, and he knew EXACTLY what to say to make it happen. And the CPAC crowd responded just like Pavlov's dogs to the sound of a bell.

I think Trump is running because he is incensed that America is declining economically and seen as weak abroad. Americans are hungry for a President who puts America first, I think he's a good chance of defeating Obama. Much better than Palin or Paul.

Thanks Flag. It is interesting to see the different perspectives re the Donald. He is obviously polarizing as the poll is already reflecting. But for those who are tired of politicians in it for the money and power, well Trump already has money and power. So it is easy to hope that his motives transcend that least attractive aspect of aspiring to political office.

It's okay Sallow. One of those I guess 'inside jokes'. If you get it, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, no explanation is possible.

Really?

I'll do it then.

You guys didn't accurately read what I posted. Then thought you could do a cute "gotcha".

But in a nutshell.

George Washington had a city and state named after him as an honor by the Government.

Sorry Sallow. No offense intended. The twist on it struck me as funny. Still does. You are entitled to your opinion and nobody intended to disrespect that.

Really?

I'll do it then.

But in a nutshell.

He names the properties after himself because its a smart business decision. People see the Trump name and they want to be associated with it, because it stands for quality and success.

Trump is an arrogant, pompous ass.

That being said, he's a guy who can get things done and could finance his own campaign without owing anybody anything in return.

Would he make a good president? Who knows? But he probably couldn't do a worse job than the bunch we've seen of late.

The wealthy are doing just fine with the US's economy and so is Corporate America as noted http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/business/economy/24econ.html, it's Main Street America who is suffering. We need someone who actually understands the difference between the success of Corporate America and intertwining it with Main Street America.
America's economy will never be where it has been in it's peak without Main Street America being part of the equation.

But on the upside,,Trump is a Reality TV star!

Last edited:

Thank you. I am sure you are an expert psychoanalyst qualified to assess his motives. What do you know about Donald Trump to make you think he doesn't love his country? And is ego and ambition a bad thing? If so, why?

Anyone can SAY he loves his country. Talk is cheap. Everything in Trump's life is all about Trump. His speech to CPAC is rhetorical evidence of that. He reminds me of Limbaugh in that way.

Really?

I'll do it then.

But in a nutshell.

He names the properties after himself because its a smart business decision. People see the Trump name and they want to be associated with it, because it stands for quality and success.

Really..

Renaming the Wohlman ring was a good business decision?

:lol:

The wealthy are doing just fine with the US's economy and so is Corporate America as noted http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/business/economy/24econ.html, it's Main Street America who is suffering. We need someone who actually understands the difference between the success of Corporate America and intertwining it with Main Street America.
America's economy will never be where it has been in it's peak without Main Street America being part of the equation.

Trump's agenda is all about putting middle America back to work. He wants to end unfair trade practices by countries like China, even if it means erecting tarriffs until they learn to play by the rules. He also wants to end illegal immigration. These two measures alone will put Main Street back to work, and if he runs on this he will kick Obama's ass.

The wealthy are doing just fine with the US's economy and so is Corporate America as noted , it's Main Street America who is suffering. We need someone who actually understands the difference between the success of Corporate America and intertwining it with Main Street America.

Trump's agenda is all about putting middle America back to work. He wants to end unfair trade practices by countries like China, even if it means erecting tarriffs until they learn to play by the rules. He also wants to end illegal immigration. These two measures alone will put Main Street back to work, and if he runs on this he will kick Obama's ass.

Donald Trump, man of the people? Now I've heard everything!

The wealthy are doing just fine with the US's economy and so is Corporate America as noted , it's Main Street America who is suffering. We need someone who actually understands the difference between the success of Corporate America and intertwining it with Main Street America.

Donald Trump, man of the people? Now I've heard everything!

Every candidate is a man of the people until they get into office. But one thing Trump is not is a politician, so when he says he wants to put Americans back to work making things again, I believe him. I would love to see American manufacturing make a comeback so we can have a trade surplus instead of giving all the jobs to China.

The Donald is just another thorn in the side of the GOP brain trust. Between Sarah, Batcrazy Bachmann, and the Donald, the GOP will be jumping from bush to bush as they try to hide from these "characters." It is very funny!

It's a funny show. As the GOP moves even further to the right (and I didn't think that was possible), one element of the party flirts with crazy and/or unqualified candidates like Palin and Bachman while another element of the party flirts with nominating candidates like Romney or Trump who aren't really conservative at all.

Like I said, it's a funny show.

Forum List

Back