DONALD TRUMP at CPAC? Contender for President?

Donald Trump for President of the United States?

• No way in hell!!!

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • I'll need a lot more convincing.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm interested and watching.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Yes!!! Let's elect him.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Whatever one thinks of Donald Trump, he gave a speech at CPAC that got a lot of attention. He said some things that at least some of us are hungry to hear.

I don't know, but maybe the USA is ready for a leader like him?

What do you think? Do you want him to run? Are you interested? Or does the idea seem absurd or distasteful to you?

Here's the speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR1b8yKxcAo

Good speech, I liked it, tough to deliver all of it though....

We need someone with his persona and a message along those lines, I am just not convinced he is the one who can do it, but I have been wrong before, sort of reminds me of the same rancor Perot caused and thats what worries me, he needs to run and win as Governor, but I don't think his ego will let him.....

I'll need a lot more convincing.....

Trump has 3 of the traditional prerequisites required to be an American president - he's rich, he has name recognition and he's "white!"

What he needs to do is start attending church regularly and be seen carrying a Bible (preferably the KJV) during photo ops!

Does Trump work for FOVXNEWS? All conservative presidential "wannabes" currently waiting in the wings work for FOX!

You might want to explain that too?

It's okay Sallow. One of those I guess 'inside jokes'. If you get it, no explanation is necessary. If you don't, no explanation is possible.

Really?

I'll do it then.

You guys didn't accurately read what I posted. Then thought you could do a cute "gotcha".

But in a nutshell.

Trump names each and every property he buys..after himself.

George Washington had a city and state named after him as an honor by the Government.

That neither of you see the difference is both laughable and sad.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

See, I knew you'd eventually get it.

Trump is a media slut. He's a shameful self-promoter. This is just another one of his money-making schemes. He probably has another stupid reality TV Show all lined up. Or he's writing another dumb book no one will read. He has no desire to be President. He's just playing all the suckers out there. He sees $$ and that's all this is. Unfortunately a lot of chumps are already lining up to support him. Trump believes in nothing and stands for nothing. Is the man even Conservative? What the Hell was he doing at CPAC? I just wouldn't buy into this latest scam of his. He's a greedy fraud.

Trump is a media slut. He's a shameful self-promoter. This is just another one of his money-making schemes. He probably has another stupid reality TV Show all lined up. Or he's writing another dumb book no one will read. He has no desire to be President. He's just playing all the suckers out there. He sees $$ and that's all this is. Unfortunately a lot of chumps are already lining up to support him. Trump believes in nothing and stands for nothing. Is the man even Conservative? What the Hell was he doing at CPAC? I just wouldn't buy into this latest scam of his. He's a greedy fraud.

Give this man a cigar and a shot of your finest scotch!:clap2::clap2:

Give this man a cigar and a shot of your finest scotch!:clap2::clap2:

For now... can I party with you guys?

I brought the beer & smoke
:beer::420::smoke:

You mean, he's the kind of guy you'd expect to show up on "The View" before an election?

:eusa_hand:

Yeah, Americans hate that kind of self promoting shit........:doubt:

Trump's just playing all the suckers out there. He'll give a few speeches while the Media obsesses over him for a couple of months and then he'll drop out & pull the rug out from under his supporters and announce his new realty TV Show. No one even knows if the guy is a Conservative. He shouldn't have been invited to CPAC. They've actually embarrassed themselves. This is just another Trump Dog & Pony Show. Bet on that.

Trump's just playing all the suckers out there. He'll give a few speeches while the Media obsesses over him for a couple of months and then he'll drop out & pull the rug out from under his supporters and announce his new realty TV Show. No one even knows if the guy is a Conservative. He shouldn't have been invited to CPAC. They've actually embarrassed themselves. This is just another Trump Dog & Pony Show. Bet on that.

Who do you think CPAC should have had instead?

I remember when Dump Truck was flirting with running for the Reform Party nomination against Pat Buchanan in 2000. He wanted to tax the rich, he loved Big Tobacco being sued and wanted Big Alcohol sued also, he wanted Oprah as his VP, he said he was very "Liberal" on health care, and he strongly supported "The Torch" Senator Robert Torricelli.

How much do you want to bet that he is suddenly anti all those points now?

Well it's pretty obvious that Trump isn't going to find a lot of support here on USMB. Those 'No Way in Hell" votes up there I suspect are pretty bipartisan. :)

I am disappointed that few are dealing with the substance of his remarks though. I'm seeing a lot of personal attacks on him. But few seem to be able to consider what he might bring to the campaign or whether somebody with his skill sets might be what we need this time around.

Well it's pretty obvious that Trump isn't going to find a lot of support here on USMB. Those 'No Way in Hell" votes up there I suspect are pretty bipartisan. :)

I am disappointed that few are dealing with the substance of his remarks though. I'm seeing a lot of personal attacks on him. But few seem to be able to consider what he might bring to the campaign or whether somebody with his skill sets might be what we need this time around.

I'd only support him if he changed the names of all his properties to "Washington."

That would make all the difference.:cuckoo:

I'd like to see Trump run on the democrat ticket. What's the chance of democrats finally getting smart and dropping B. Hussein for a capitalist candidate?

I'd like to see Trump run on the democrat ticket. What's the chance of democrats finally getting smart and dropping B. Hussein for a capitalist candidate?

Interesting thought. But he didn't equivocate that he is pro life and anti gun control and I don't think the Democrats could risk a candidate that openly stressed those two things and keep certain segments of their base.

The GOP won't lose any of their base with a candidate who supports those two things because they have mostly had candidates who support those two things with no ill effect on existing law and policy. They simply don't mess with the guns pro or con, and the only way abortion policy is affected is whether the taxpayer will pay for abortions or not. And that is okay with pro choice Republicans and not that big a deal to most pro choice Democrats.

Doesn't anybody have any thoughts about the "respect America" line? That we won't be the world's 'whipping boy' anymore? Does that resonate with anybody?

The Democrats have a strong presidential candidate in President Barack Obama, the duly elected Constitutional President of the United States of America. He represents a person with a true capitalistic vision.

Trump represents crony capitalism..which is in fact..corporatism.

And who is this B. Hussien?

I'm disappointed no one from the CON$ervative Brotherhood attacked him for saying the same thing they attack Obama for, namely that China is outdoing us in the building of their infrastructure.

Forum List

Back