Don t Let Anybody Tell You That Businesses Create Jobs

What actually created jobs during the Clinton Administration?

We had two of the LARGEST TAX INCREASES in history. Spending on the military was being slashed and bases were being closed down. The government (ARPA) created Internet took off and the government was hiring thousands of new cops and teachers.

Tax increases, government investment, reduction in military spending and public sector hiring all contributed to 20 million new jobs.

Compare that to businesses outsourcing millions of jobs overseas because of Republican failed "free markets" dogma, massive taxcuts for the highest earners and illegal warmongering that have cost this nation trillions of taxpayer dollars.

Which scenario is better for We the People?

I am all for taxing the shit out of people until the budget is balanced and the debt paid.

And I mean all the people.

If you are 18, not totally handicapped, then you should be taxed even if it has to be paid in labor.

We all live here and benefit, all should pay something in some way.

Income tax was once unconstitutional, head-tax is now, but, that could be changed too.

It is just bullshit that a large number of people in this country pay virtually no taxes.

A large number? That sounds big! How many people in this country pay "virtually" no taxes?
It is common knowledge almost half of Americans wage earners pay NO Federal Personal Income Tax.

That is just intolerable.

That isn't what the guy said. Is it? Most people have skin in the game. You idiots tried to tell people who pay taxes that they don't pay taxes.....and expected that they would vote for your guy. Now that is funny.

What Romney said was 47 per

Here Are The 43% Of Americans Who Don't Pay Federal Income Tax

Read more: 43 Of Americans Don t Pay Federal Income Tax - Business Insider

Here is what Romney actually said. At the time his 47 percent number was correct for those who paid no federal income taxt. Thus having no stake in the game they are indeed dependent on others, low income or not.

Romney: There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, he starts off with a huge number.

These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. So he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people.

I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.

Perhaps she meant that businesses would rather outsource and shop the jobs offshore, hiring cheaper non-American labor, than to create or sustain a job here, yes?

Or tempt-across and then hire Illegal Aliens at near-slave wages, yes?

For some of the Big Boy Companies, those accusations are certainly true, aren't they?

Who is responsible for the continued flow of illegal into this country? Here is a clue. It ain't businesses. And the Big Boy Companies don't knowingly hire illegals, they have the resources to vet a potential hire. Most illegals that do work instead of getting an Obama check, work for small contractors.
I prefer to think that she was hinting that government creates jobs.

Last edited:
Perhaps she meant that businesses would rather outsource and shop the jobs offshore, hiring cheaper non-American labor, than to create or sustain a job here, yes?

For some of the Big Boy Companies, those accusations are certainly true, aren't they?

Who is responsible for the continued flow of illegal into this country? Here is a clue. I ain't businesses. And the Big Boy Companies don't knowingly hire illegals, they have the resources to vet a potential hire. Most illegals that do work instead of getting an Obama check, work for small contractors.

Businesses are exactly responsible for the flow of illegal immigrants. You really are off base on every subject you address.

What she and Obama are trying to tell us is that businesses, corporations, and industry doesn't create jobs only the government can do that, what a crock.

that's exactly the commie message they are pushing

Disgusting some people will fall for it

Isn't this where the poster , what's her name? oh yeah, Stephanie, says something like

oh good grief!

??

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
We've got to move on this people, before its too late!!!

Unfortuantely, to Stephanie and certain other low info RWs who refuse to be responsible for their own actions, that means

W-a-a-a-a W-a-a-a-a-a-a
Its the LIB-Rule's fault.

Who is responsible for the continued flow of illegal into this country? Here is a clue. I ain't businesses. And the Big Boy Companies don't knowingly hire illegals, they have the resources to vet a potential hire. Most illegals that do work instead of getting an Obama check, work for small contractors.
You may have a point, concerning (most?) Big Boy Companies and Illegal Aliens, but I think the points still probably stand, about the Big Boys and 'outsourcing' and 'off-shoring' - a huge part of the Jobs Drain - yes?

It's kind of odd that you fuckers still argue this point. It's not even complicated.

I'm a business owner. I ain't hiring anyone if I don't need them. I only need them if there is damned for what I am selling. I'm not running a charity.

No one would make umbrellas if it didn't rain. So, according to your theory, rain creates umbrellas. Are you smart enough to spot the flaw in your theory?

What she and Obama are trying to tell us is that businesses, corporations, and industry doesn't create jobs only the government can do that, what a crock.

Nope. They are not saying that at all. You are hearing that for some reason. You might want to figure out why that is.

Yes, that's exactly what morons like you and Hillary are saying. The whole point of the "business owners don't create jobs" meme is to justify government jobs programs and more government spending.

Demand for goods and services creates jobs. Period.

Owning a business is a job. No demand for goods and services.......no jobs.

Of course..........except for the fact that business owner MUST first create the goods.

You are next going to argue that the egg comes before the Chicken

That's a pretty simple minded philosophy. Find me a business owner who manufactures widgets without having demand for them......and I'll find you a business for sale.

It is indeed. And who creates that demand? People who are working for other businesses, earning the money to create a demand for the widgets that another business owner manufactures.

Wow.

You could not be more wrong.

The reason for the big push to end migrant workers coming here is to force small farmers to pay the higher wages Americans demand. The small family farms are going broke and Big Business is buying them up for pennies on the dollar.

Big businesses actually advertise in Mexico and other countries, for migrant workers. And, its not just "contractors". Look at who is cleaning your hotel room, slaughtering your meat, washing the dishes in the restaurant.

Not just Mexico either. Nor is it just labor jobs. Big business goes out of the US for high tech jobs too because the right has become so anti-education.

And, you might want to educate yourself on our history with bringing migrant farmers to the US. Start by Googling "Bracero program".

Demand for goods and services is what creates jobs. Businesses don't add jobs without that.

was there a demand for Iphones before Steve Jobs invented them? Was there a demand for windows before Bill Gates invented it? Would the government have invented either of those things?

Jobs are created by risk takers, inventers, and innovators. Not governments. And yes, some of those people get rich and pay huge amounts of taxes to the government----how awful.

The liberal theory is that things like the iPhone are a given, just as air and water are a given. They have always existed. They aren't the result of human effort and brain power.

Why should I buy from you and not your competitor?

If you don't need what I'm selling...or can't afford what I'm selling....you won't buy it from me or anyone else. It is simple.

Wasn't the question LL and you know it.

Your question isn't related to the thread subject.

You want to discuss marketing or pricing policy or customer service or location or best practices......none of it matters if there are no people with money in their pocket who want what you are selling.

Demand. It's what matters.

So who creates the demand?

I'll bet if you think about it for a minute....you'll come up with the answer on your own.

This is basic stuff. It's not even slightly complicated.

In other words, you don't want to answer the question.

Your pathetic weaseling doesn't fool anyone.

Of course..........except for the fact that business owner MUST first create the goods.

You are next going to argue that the egg comes before the Chicken

That's a pretty simple minded philosophy. Find me a business owner who manufactures widgets without having demand for them......and I'll find you a business for sale.

Tell me what business you ever owned?

I have owned three businesses in my lifetime. I own one now. I'm a small business owner, bitch.

If you don't need what I'm selling...or can't afford what I'm selling....you won't buy it from me or anyone else. It is simple.

If I do need what you are selling, and I can't afford it, I will go to a businessman and get a job so I can afford it.

You want to discuss marketing or pricing policy or customer service or location or best practices......none of it matters if there are no people with money in their pocket who want what you are selling.

Consumers with disposable income who are interested in the goods and services in question.

If they didn't have money to spend, their demand would be zero. Where do they get the money?

I need to hire someone to build a web site for my business. I have considered asking the Department of Health and Human Services to be the general contractor. Should I send out a tender to other vendors? What do you think?

What actually created jobs during the Clinton Administration?

We had two of the LARGEST TAX INCREASES in history. Spending on the military was being slashed and bases were being closed down. The government (ARPA) created Internet took off and the government was hiring thousands of new cops and teachers.

Tax increases, government investment, reduction in military spending and public sector hiring all contributed to 20 million new jobs.

Compare that to businesses outsourcing millions of jobs overseas because of Republican failed "free markets" dogma, massive taxcuts for the highest earners and illegal warmongering that have cost this nation trillions of taxpayer dollars.

Which scenario is better for We the People?

And then the dot com bubble busted and Bush spent 8 years blaming Clinton.

About 80% of startup restaurants eventually fail to make it and go out of business, so I've heard.

Those are businesses that created jobs? Why didn't they keep the jobs going? Why didn't they just stay in business?

It's no surprise that you don't understand why some businesses go bankrupt. That's one reason turds like you are so eager to impose crushing taxes and regulations on business.

The part you're trying so hard to ignore is that the 20% that survive create jobs. And next year there will be another 20% that survive and create jobs. And so on, and so on.

I need to hire someone to build a web site for my business. I have considered asking the Department of Health and Human Services to be the general contractor. Should I send out a tender to other vendors? What do you think?

Good idea. They can get one of the Obama's friends that built the obamacare web site for you. But, bring lots of money, and don't plan on it working for a long time

The "economy." The economy created the iPhone 6.
Demand for goods and services is what creates jobs. Businesses don't add jobs without that.

was there a demand for Iphones before Steve Jobs invented them? Was there a demand for windows before Bill Gates invented it? Would the government have invented either of those things?

Jobs are created by risk takers, inventers, and innovators. Not governments. And yes, some of those people get rich and pay huge amounts of taxes to the government----how awful.

So Microsoft and Apple began at the same size they are today?

Are you mentally retarded?

The fact that businesses grow proves the business owners don't create jobs?

Do you read this idiotic drek before you post it?

Forum List

Back