Domestic Violence Decriminalized in Russia

xyz

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2016
Putin approves change to law decriminalising domestic violence

It's still not legal if it causes bruising or serious damage, but the penalties are lower.

I wasn't expecting this.

I don't know if something like this could be passed in the US, I suspect some people might be interested, in particular based on the conservative views of women after the election.

Also, I am aware that some Christian groups support corporal punishment for children.

It's still not legal if it causes bruising or serious damage, but the penalties are lower.

I wasn't expecting this.

I don't know if something like this could be passed in the US, I suspect some people might be interested, in particular based on the conservative views of women after the election.

Also, I am aware that some Christian groups support corporal punishment for children.
Hmm!

Only Conservatives beat their wives?

i think it's a good thing they need to do it in the US. There are some states who can jail you for domestic violence just for yelling at one another. I had a Sheriff tell me that. It's just another way to get people titled with some bs law in turn lessoning the right to own a weapon. Just like they use this mental illness as a means to label everyone which once again keeps ppl from having a right to own a gun. & I am referring to stupid so called mental illness labels.

I wasn't expecting this.

I suspect Russia gives no credence to mental abuse either.

Private schools used to use corporal punishment. I don't know of any that do these days. I know the ones my kids attended do not, and their close sister/rival schools don't either, but that's only about a dozen schools. The thing about private schools using corporal punishment is that the parents know the the school will do it and they must necessarily delegate the authority for the school to do it; thus if a school does it, what's there to say about it?

Forum List

Back