What country do you want to visit?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I'm thinking India, it's a mass of humanity, there are old temples everywhere, there is an incredible diversity of geography there, especially northern India, which is actually in the Himalayas and quite cold much of the year, as well as all the amazing colors, spices, and foods. And what people who travel there say is that it is incredibly safe, no real fears of crime, outside of the occasional pick pocket (and persistent beggars) and always some crazy festival going on.

There are others, but another great thing about India is it is cheap. I won't break the bank staying a while. The beaches on the Indian Ocean (Goa) are popular, and beautiful, Mumbai is a modern city that has a lot of tourists, but the northern region in the Himalayas would be really cool. Travel is difficult there, but throughout the rest of India, travel is as easy as anywhere in the world.

Without a doubt. That is my #1, but it's so crowded and expensive, you have to get the timing right.
And there are some towns that once were very popular that you should stay away from... but the History is awesome I'm sure...

I'm thinking India, it's a mass of humanity, there are old temples everywhere, there is an incredible diversity of geography there, especially northern India, which is actually in the Himalayas and quite cold much of the year, as well as all the amazing colors, spices, and foods. And what people who travel there say is that it is incredibly safe, no real fears of crime, outside of the occasional pick pocket (and persistent beggars) and always some crazy festival going on.

There are others, but another great thing about India is it is cheap. I won't break the bank staying a while. The beaches on the Indian Ocean (Goa) are popular, and beautiful, Mumbai is a modern city that has a lot of tourists, but the northern region in the Himalayas would be really cool. Travel is difficult there, but throughout the rest of India, travel is as easy as anywhere in the world.
Singapore. I need a new suit made.

Make sure you have all of your shots. Kanchipuram is a very impressive temple complex. Mahabalipuram is my personal favorite though. The largest bas relief in the world and they have an amazing dance celebration there. Puducherry is about 60 miles south and is cool as it was one of the last French colony's in India.

In the north is, of course, the Taj. Just get used to being able to look ANYWHERE, and always seeing people. It is well nigh impossible to see a part of India without people.

Without a doubt. That is my #1, but it's so crowded and expensive, you have to get the timing right.

Do it in May. Pre season and the prices are reasonable, and there are few people going where you are going. Budget at least three days to see Pompeii.

Make sure you have all of your shots. Kanchipuram is a very impressive temple complex. Mahabalipuram is my personal favorite though. The largest bas relief in the world and they have an amazing dance celebration there. Puducherry is about 60 miles south and is cool as it was one of the last French colony's in India.

In the north is, of course, the Taj. Just get used to being able to look ANYWHERE, and always seeing people. It is well nigh impossible to see a part of India without people.
Very cool to hear firsthand reports, good to hear. The beaches of Goa look amazing, and there you won't find dire poverty, either, as that tiny state has the highest GDP per capita of any state in the entire country. The temples themselves are so abundant, you could spend your whole day walking around the entire complex of just a single temple, many of which were built (in the southern part of the country) in the mid 1400's. I've noticed walkways and buildings carved into stone in many travel videos.

The Shetland Islands, and possibly the Orkney Islands and also Iceland, all near each other.

The Shetland Islands, and possibly the Orkney Islands and also Iceland, all near each other.
That would be so cool, how anyone lives in that climate these days is one thing, but humans have lived in those conditions there since the Stone Age.

Forum List

Back