Doing business with millenials...God help us.

I think if you were born in the 80s to 2000s, you are considered a millennial.

Yep...the "millennial syndrome" that is the "earn without effort" mentality I believe is 30 and under. So that would be 1985 and forward.
Also explains the huge rise in these females seeking older men.
My daughter being one of them, she is 25. She struggles to find any kid her age who doesn't spend 6 hours a day (at least) playing video games...still lives at home...dresses and acts just like he did in high school...aloof...doesn't return calls...wants to go dutch when out...some don't even own a car, or a piece of shit they drove in college.
They are stuck in perpetual high school mode.

And do you read any of the posts here by people who are in their 40s, 50s, etc.? :lol: Sorry to say, but a lot of people from your generation are also not grown.

The problem will self-correct.

This crop has been given everything they want and more by parents who worked hard and saved to make that possible.

This crop has no clue how to work, less how to save.

When they are succeeded by their own git they will have nothing to give and the poor little bastards (most of them won't marry) will have to make it on their own or perish.

Then the cycle will repeat......

Recently I was in a day long meeting/presentation in Colorado with a well known company who will remain undisclosed...for about an hour we were discussing the major difficulties in doing business with the up and coming millennials. It was a private meeting, however still surprised such a large and well known company would be so critical of the generation that are also their customers. But the point is well taken, our company is also beginning to struggle to do business...even knowing how to do business...with the generation now entering the workforce.

As outlined in their presentation, Millennials:
Pros
Technology masters
Quick to learn new skills (when they want to learn them)
Entrepreneurial
Quick adapters
Enthusiastic
Cons:
Lazy
Poor management skills
Poor team players
Expect authority to respect them first
Expect promotions as a matter of fact
Extremely poor communicators
Little to no loyalty

I can attest to all of the above...I hate...hate...hate...doing business with anyone under 30. Nightmare. Business etiquette? None. Realistic expectations and understanding mutual benefit of vendor/buyer relationships...no clue whatsoever. Communicating?? Pull your hair out...twice now I received an after hour TEXT...asking a question...are you f*cking kidding me??
Their emails are filled with lol's and abbreviations etc. etc.
Oh my God....
Loyalty? What for. In todays world businesses throw employees away like trash. Loyalty is a two way street.

You know you're getting old when all you can do is complain about the young people. Lol.

Well Chris when you have to do business with them and have to deal with these lethargic, spoiled people who expect the world from you while never doing their part - you would feel differently.
In a business to business, business...our clients are truly partners. Their projects/orders carry a responsibility for both the customer and us. To get their work produced properly and on time we must have a number of items from them on a schedule. Trying to get millennials to understand and accept that they share the responsibility is like trying to communicate with a 2 year old. I have been doing what I do for almost 30 years now....you will just have to trust me, it has never been like it is now. I would say it began about 6-7 years ago. It is real, and being talked about throughout the business world.

You know you're getting old when all you can do is complain about the young people. Lol.

Well Chris when you have to do business with them and have to deal with these lethargic, spoiled people who expect the world from you while never doing their part - you would feel differently.
In a business to business, business...our clients are truly partners. Their projects/orders carry a responsibility for both the customer and us. To get their work produced properly and on time we must have a number of items from them on a schedule. Trying to get millennials to understand and accept that they share the responsibility is like trying to communicate with a 2 year old. I have been doing what I do for almost 30 years now....you will just have to trust me, it has never been like it is now. I would say it began about 6-7 years ago. It is real, and being talked about throughout the business world.

Stop complaining! There are a lot of losers, jerks and alcoholics who are your age as well.

And another thing, your generation is the one who raised them! The millennials are YOUR generation's children. So who is to blame?

And another thing, your generation is the one who raised them! The millennials are YOUR generation's children. So who is to blame?

Of course, I wouldn't insinuate anything else. The 1980's "Me" generation is perhaps the worst decade of people in our history. We are the ones that set the stage for America becoming a corporatocracy, also set the cycle for America's negative savings habit as well as the first generation to reach the infamous goal of over 50% divorce rates.
It is completely our fault, and just shows the result of self centerdness and placing your life above your childrens.
Now - having said that...is it not important to think about just what kind of kids are THEY going to produce??

Of course, I wouldn't insinuate anything else. The 1980's "Me" generation is perhaps the worst decade of people in our history. We are the ones that set the stage for America becoming a corporatocracy, also set the cycle for America's negative savings habit as well as the first generation to reach the infamous goal of over 50% divorce rates.
It is completely our fault, and just shows the result of self centerdness and placing your life above your childrens.
Now - having said that...is it not important to think about just what kind of kids are THEY going to produce??

Every single generation says this about the younger generation. :rolleyes-41: Every single one!

And your parents and their friends probably said the same things about you and your friends when you were young. Nothing new to see here.

Every single generation says this about the younger generation. :rolleyes-41: Every single one!

Yes they have, but Chris the proof is in the pudding.
America largely improved their cultural and societal statistics from it's inception thru the 1970's. After the 1980's many cultural positive traits have declined like never before.
Marital stats
Crime per capita stats
For the first time in American history one generation earnings are less than the previous.
And then there are the stats that are hard to define, laziness and general poor work habits and extremely poor at communicating.
Our generation were, if anything, over achievers. We wanted everything NOW, that took our parents their lives to aquire - however we were willing to work for it. Our generation increased the average number of hours worked per day by last time I knew - 20%!!
This generation also wants everything their parents have - but are not willing to work for it.

Recently I was in a day long meeting/presentation in Colorado with a well known company who will remain undisclosed...for about an hour we were discussing the major difficulties in doing business with the up and coming millennials. It was a private meeting, however still surprised such a large and well known company would be so critical of the generation that are also their customers. But the point is well taken, our company is also beginning to struggle to do business...even knowing how to do business...with the generation now entering the workforce.

Pros
Technology masters
Entrepreneurial
Quick adapters
Enthusiastic
Cons:
Lazy
Poor management skills
Poor team players
Little to no loyalty

I can attest to all of the above...I hate...hate...hate...doing business with anyone under 30. Nightmare. Business etiquette? None. Realistic expectations and understanding mutual benefit of vendor/buyer relationships...no clue whatsoever. Communicating?? Pull your hair out...twice now I received an after hour TEXT...asking a question...are you f*cking kidding me??
Oh my God....
You should of heard the talk about your lousy generation...

When I entered the workforce we were a bunch of long haired hippies

America largely improved their cultural and societal statistics from it's inception thru the 1970's. After the 1980's many cultural positive traits have declined like never before.
Marital stats
Crime per capita stats
For the first time in American history one generation earnings are less than the previous.
And then there are the stats that are hard to define, laziness and general poor work habits and extremely poor at communicating.
Our generation were, if anything, over achievers. We wanted everything NOW, that took our parents their lives to aquire - however we were willing to work for it. Our generation increased the average number of hours worked per day by last time I knew - 20%!!
This generation also wants everything their parents have - but are not willing to work for it.

Now, you are blaming wage stagnation and corptocracy on the young people? Obviously, if you know SO MANY millennials from "doing business with them" which is what you claimed earlier, these young people are most certainly working. You sound like a cranky old man, just to let you know, and that is probably the more likely scenario than something being "wrong" with an entire generation of people.

I just love it too, how you all try to make it sound as if you were so wonderful. Ha-ha! I've met plenty of you and you aren't that great. :D

Marital stats
Crime per capita stats

Now, you are blaming wage stagnation and corptocracy on the young people? Obviously, if you know SO MANY millennials from "doing business with them" which is what you claimed earlier, these young people are most certainly working. You sound like a cranky old man, just to let you know, and that is probably the more likely scenario than something being "wrong" with an entire generation of people.

I just love it too, how you all try to make it sound as if you were so wonderful. Ha-ha! I've met plenty of you and you aren't that great. :D

Me a cranky old man?...:lmao:
I don't think anyone would describe me as that.

Marital stats
Crime per capita stats

Me a cranky old man?...:lmao:
I don't think anyone would describe me as that.

Well you do. This is you . . . "get off my lawn whippersnappers!"

:lol:

standing-meme-generator-those-damn-young-people-and-their-standing-183637.jpg

Pros
Technology masters
Entrepreneurial
Quick adapters
Enthusiastic
Cons:
Lazy
Poor management skills
Poor team players
Little to no loyalty

Oh my God....
If you weren't so lazy you would've used the "ordered list" tab. :thup:

Forum List

Back