Dogs Are Taking Over America— Enough!

I love the fact that America is slowly becoming more friendly towards dogs being in places. I work hard to train, civilize, socialize and monitor my dogs. When we go to public places, I keep them under control and I avoid taking them to places they can't handle well. Being able to take them to outdoor eateries is awesome - and I don't allow them to run amuck. I watch my dogs - and if someone should lift a leg (has only happened once in a Petsmart) - I have the material needed to clean it up.

I feel I have as much right to take my dog places as people do their children and likewise, it's my responsibility to ensure good behavior, respect people who don't like dogs and give them space, and remove my dog if it is unruly.

Business owners have the right to choose whether to allow or not to allow a dog in their places and hooray for those who are willing to be more dog friendly. :)

I used to be able to take my dog to work years ago. That was when I had a German Shepherd, and it was a wonderful opportunity to socialize her as it was a college campus. She was not allowed to wander around, but had her bed under my desk where she could lie down and work on her bone and watch the world through the gap in the front. We would take breaks and walk around. The end result - a well socialized and well behaved girl. :)

I love the fact that America is slowly becoming more friendly towards dogs being in places. I work hard to train, civilize, socialize and monitor my dogs. When we go to public places, I keep them under control and I avoid taking them to places they can't handle well. Being able to take them to outdoor eateries is awesome - and I don't allow them to run amuck. I watch my dogs - and if someone should lift a leg (has only happened once in a Petsmart) - I have the material needed to clean it up.

I feel I have as much right to take my dog places as people do their children and likewise, it's my responsibility to ensure good behavior, respect people who don't like dogs and give them space, and remove my dog if it is unruly.

Business owners have the right to choose whether to allow or not to allow a dog in their places and hooray for those who are willing to be more dog friendly. :)

I used to be able to take my dog to work years ago. That was when I had a German Shepherd, and it was a wonderful opportunity to socialize her as it was a college campus. She was not allowed to wander around, but had her bed under my desk where she could lie down and work on her bone and watch the world through the gap in the front. We would take breaks and walk around. The end result - a well socialized and well behaved girl. :)

I absolutely LOVE this statement!!! :clap2:

How often have you sat in a restaurant and had to put up with squalling, whining little brats whose parents can't or won't control them? They run around, get under foot, toss food all over the place, leap in and out of line, and generally show what stupid, ignorant people their parents are!!! :evil:

Business owners have the right to choose whether to allow or not to allow a dog in their places

That I absolutely agree with. However, I also have the right to choose not to patronize a restaurant that allows dogs, especially one that allows dogs to lick off the plates even though they are not supposed to.

I'm sorry... I do not enjoy the thought that the plate I am currently using was last used by a dog. The thought of that makes me want to gag.

Immie

While it is a law that a dog owner has to pick up after their dogs there is no law that people have to pick up after themselves. The parks and alleys are testimonials to derelict squatters and pissers. The dogs are cleaner and better behaved than people.

Business owners have the right to choose whether to allow or not to allow a dog in their places

That I absolutely agree with. However, I also have the right to choose not to patronize a restaurant that allows dogs, especially one that allows dogs to lick off the plates even though they are not supposed to.

I'm sorry... I do not enjoy the thought that the plate I am currently using was last used by a dog. The thought of that makes me want to gag.

Immie

You absolutely have that right! Just like I have the right to not patronize a restaurant that allows little kids to go zooming around screaming and playing in the dining room when I'm trying to enjoy a quiet dinner ;)

I love dogs too....having 3 myself.

What I have noticed more in the last year is people declaring their dogs to be "emotional support dogs" and trying to get them in everywhere that service dogs are allowed. I know that here in SoCal, most businesses are NOT ALLOWED to question people who make that declaration and are NOT ALLOWED to ask for paperwork or licenses proving the dogs are service dogs.

Immie

You absolutely have that right! Just like I have the right to not patronize a restaurant that allows little kids to go zooming around screaming and playing in the dining room when I'm trying to enjoy a quiet dinner ;)

My kids were never allowed to do such things. :)

And I find it offensive when others allow their kids to run around like that. But you surely have my blessing not to eat at such establishments

May God protect us though from the liberals who will soon be requiring all restaurants to provide doggy dining as they did in banning smoking.

Immie

I love dogs too....having 3 myself.

What I have noticed more in the last year is people declaring their dogs to be "emotional support dogs" and trying to get them in everywhere that service dogs are allowed. I know that here in SoCal, most businesses are NOT ALLOWED to question people who make that declaration and are NOT ALLOWED to ask for paperwork or licenses proving the dogs are service dogs.

The service dog thing is a bit funkie.

We recently got a dog in rescue - 6 months, untrained, wild and crazy. It was a "service dog".

Owners got it from a breeder as a puppy, to be a "service dog" for their autistic child. When they registered it with some online service dog registery where everything was self-certified by the owner and they got the tag and the insigma for it to be a service dog without an iota of training. Then I guess they decided the dog was a pain, they moved to CA, left the dog behind for the neighbor to rehome.

Nice dog, once she was in a proper home - but service dog? really? I have doubts about service dogs outside of dogs for the blind, deaf, and physically impaired. Beyond that, I'd like to know why my well behaved dogs can't have the same rights given that they give me "emotional support" ;)

Forum List

Back