Dogs, Animal Issues

whitetrashmama

freedom-is-sacred
Sep 11, 2012
in the Body of Christ
Just remebering an old friend, the late Capt. TW who was an animal cruelty investigator before his death in 2000. Lately I have been enjoying the company of a couple of sweet dogs and also feeling frustrated with the exploitation of animal issues by the political loonylefties... so I'd like to talk about these things with anyone else who has stories to tell, especially about dogs (sorry....just not very fond of cats even though I have enjoyed some as pets in the past....)

My Alma (Anatolian shepherd) died just over a year ago from heart attack... I was holding her while she was given an injection.
Her death still hurts.

I think, maybe getting Caucasian Ovcharka puppy will take my mind off Alma...

Not much of a story, but it is an "issue".

My Alma (Anatolian shepherd) died just over a year ago from heart attack... I was holding her while she was given an injection.
Her death still hurts.

I think, maybe getting Caucasian Ovcharka puppy will take my mind off Alma...

Not much of a story, but it is an "issue".

It is an issue, indeed. I had to have a dog put down and was not allowed to be with her due to "city policy" last Spring. I'm glad at least you held yours during that transition. Our city is reviewing its policies and I hope to help when I can. I have a rescue chow-spitz mix, Rusty, and a foundling chihuaha-beagle (Pepito) mix now.

I never heard of a Caucasian Ovcharka breed. What are they like? A puppy is certainly good because it will bond easily, but if you go to a shelter and spend time looking, you might find one who needs you and will bond with you.

The shelter volunteer who brought Rusty to me asked me to just sit while he brought him into the room and he watched to see how the dog would act. Rusty came over to me and offered his paw, and the volunteer said he had tried to bite everyone else! :lol: Now he is very devoted to me. He was about five years old when he arrived.

Forum List

Back