Doesn't look like the Republicans will do anything about Obama's amnesty!

I understand the politics of what he's done. Forcing the republicans to actually do something will at least make the next two years interesting.

By forcing the republicans to either lead or get out of the way on immigration, Obama is betting his legacy that they can't or won't, which will do wonders for the democrats in 2016.

If the republicans want to claim the Whitehouse in 2016, the path needs to be paved with an immigration bill that actually makes improvements to the system for the immigrants, not just just the producers.

Obama has drawn a line in the sand

This is what I am doing on immigration. Tell us what you oppose. Send children away from their parents. Break up families. Obama is opening the door for the haters in the Republican Party to do their thing
Hiapanics support fair and reasonable legislation. Let Republicans try to deny it

Historically, in all of our immigrant waves, what improved the system for the immigrants was never a consideration. Only what was good for the United States. That's why the system that's developing is so bad.

I disagree. In the 1860's there were downright bloody disagreements over the disposition of the non-whites being imported for cheap labor.

I understand the politics of what he's done. Forcing the republicans to actually do something will at least make the next two years interesting.

By forcing the republicans to either lead or get out of the way on immigration, Obama is betting his legacy that they can't or won't, which will do wonders for the democrats in 2016.

If the republicans want to claim the Whitehouse in 2016, the path needs to be paved with an immigration bill that actually makes improvements to the system for the immigrants, not just just the producers.
Actually both sides agree on some issues...............The divide is amnesty for those already here. Both want the E-Verify and penalties for businesses who hire them. Hoping to dry up the jobs markets for illegals...............Which is where the Catch 22 comes into place............................

The GOP, and I agree, refuse to give out amnesty until the border is secure.............they are not totally against allowing some that have been here 20 the chance to get legal. However, they understand that to do that without sealing the border and stopping the flow they will have millions more to deal with.

Without sealing the border........and stopping the flow................there will be gridlock on this issue. Pass the E-Verify and penalties to businesses for hiring them. Give a grace period for those already here to APPLY LEGALLY into the system. If they don't apply, they get the boot, Period..............If businesses still hire them without E-Verify then take Fine, suspend their business licenses, revoke business licenses, and jail time if necessary over time................aka smaller punishment at first to you're going to jail.

Only in this way will we get a handle on this problem. A problem this country has ignored for far too long.

Historically, in all of our immigrant waves, what improved the system for the immigrants was never a consideration. Only what was good for the United States. That's why the system that's developing is so bad.
This is not too different than all our immigration waves. Newcomers were despised. They are ignorant, they are dirty, they are thieves. They will take jobs away from real Americans
Some things never change

This is what I am doing on immigration. Tell us what you oppose. Send children away from their parents. Break up families. Obama is opening the door for the haters in the Republican Party to do their thing
Hiapanics support fair and reasonable legislation. Let Republicans try to deny it
Yup. Obama has just guaranteed that the next two years will lead to republican dominance OR dominance by the democrats and the hot-potato of concrete action has just been successfully passed to the party of "NO!" with no pass-backs.

He could have done what he did without the speech and we wouldn't be talking about it. The DOJ has been focusing on criminals over families for... like... ever now already.

This is not too different than all our immigration waves. Newcomers were despised. They are ignorant, they are dirty, they are thieves. They will take jobs away from real Americans
Some things never change
It's illegal for a president to not execute enforce the laws on the books.

CONGRESS IS NOW ON THANKSGIVING VACATION.

Now we need Congress to..............FACE TONS OF E-MAILS............when they come back from vacation! E-mail your Congressman and 2 Senators now and demand that they oppose a long-term spending bill, and instead, support a short-term spending bill, so the next Congress can DEFUND PRES. OBAMA'S EXECUTIVE AMNESTY. This isn't a government shutdown.

E-mailing, faxing, calling, or protesting has MUCH more impact than a single vote out of millions!

View attachment 34260
The senate is still controlled by Reid until next January, the new congress will convene Jan 6 2014.

BS The Republican Congress can enact the Obama Doctrine and just start writing laws and deeming them signed and passed

Yup. Obama has just guaranteed that the next two years will lead to republican dominance OR dominance by the democrats and the hot-potato of concrete action has just been successfully passed to the party of "NO!" with no pass-backs.

He could have done what he did without the speech and we wouldn't be talking about it. The DOJ has been focusing on criminals over families for... like... ever now already.
Obama is daring the Republicans
What are they going to do?
impeach? Shut down government?
They are powerless

Actually both sides agree on some issues...........

True. Most Americans are reasonable people who're not inclined to shoot each other over politics or religion.

I hope that I live long enough to see how history begins to record the impression many have that if Obama came up with a $7 cure for cancer, republicans would refuse to look at it because they hate Obama THAT much.

I also hope that I live long enough to see an end to the Gerrymandered extremism that makes a government claiming to be 'Of The People' look so fucking stupid from space.

Obama is daring the Republicans
What are they going to do?
impeach? Shut down government?
They are powerless

Not powerless.

They could hit the ground running in 2015 and pass reasonable, relevant legislation, beginning with immigration and crowned by a fair and simple tax code.

I know. I'm not holding my breath either.

Actually both sides agree on some issues...........

True. Most Americans are reasonable people who're not inclined to shoot each other over politics or religion.

I hope that I live long enough to see how history begins to record the impression many have that if Obama came up with a $7 cure for cancer, republicans would refuse to look at it because they hate Obama THAT much.

I also hope that I live long enough to see an end to the Gerrymandered extremism that makes a government claiming to be 'Of The People' look so fucking stupid from space.
Straw man there..............I'm a conservative and vote GOP............and if a cure was found by Obama himself for $7 I'd praise him myself..............Since when does a lawyer create the cure.................

If the GOP stopped this cure.......then I'd be against them.

Under Bush...........on which the Liberals attacked daily..................an old joke...............

If Bush walked on Water today.......................the liberal media would be saying.............

Look, Bush can't swim tomorrow..........................Both sides sling mud............Only a fool would deny that.

Some things never change

And they talk funny. Don't forget that.

:rolleyes:

I tell you what, I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the kids affected by the DECA order and they talk, look, and act like teenage Americans. Most without so much as an accent.

`

Obama is using the executive powers republicans claimed for themselves while in office and they just cannot stand it. Seems they think only republicans are entitled to that power while democrats must be beholding to congress for everything, make up your fucking minds. Is the president a nearly powerless puppet or a person with power enough to act decisively in a crisis situation?
I hope the next republican president claims he sent bills to congress to regulate abortion. Since the congress did nothing I'm going to out law abortion with a stroke of a pen. Obama has given future presidents more power than the constitution allows. So don't complain what future presidents do, thanks to your failure in office you support.

I got five that says nothing gets done or if it is done then it shafts Americans and ignores that there is no STEM shortage.

The Republicans haven't figured out how not to pander to the lowest common denominator and the Democrats like that just fine.

Straw man there..............I'm a conservative and vote GOP............and if a cure was found by Obama himself for $7 I'd praise him myself..............Since when does a lawyer create the cure.................

If the GOP stopped this cure.......then I'd be against them.

Under Bush...........on which the Liberals attacked daily..................an old joke...............

If Bush walked on Water today.......................the liberal media would be saying.............

Look, Bush can't swim tomorrow..........................Both sides sling mud............Only a fool would deny that.

That's not straw man! It's my opinion, explained by use of a parable.

You're welcome to disagree and you're welcome to explain why, but accusations like 'straw man' are trolling, plain and simple.

Do you disagree that there is a 'feeling' out there that many of our republican leaders are more interested in personally destroying Obama than they are in doing something productive because Obama will get credit for signing it?

Living example: Ted Cruz

I got five that says nothing gets done or if it is done then it shafts Americans and ignores that there is no STEM shortage.

The Republicans haven't figured out how not to pander to the lowest common denominator and the Democrats like that just fine.

Mostly 'cause the LCD is also paying the democrats handsomely to maintain the current status quo.

Options for Republicans

Impeach
Shut down Government
Whine and make threats
Pass immigration legislation

What will they do? What will they do?

I would much rather Republicans in Congress spend their time securing our country's future through passing budget legislation (as required by law) and addressing the deficit. I mean Congress is responsible from deciding what legislation they send to the President ... And if he wants comprehensive immigration reform legislation ... Then he can go back to the Senate.

If the path to the White House goes through immigration reform ... Instead of Conservative responsibilities towards balancing our budget and reducing our debt ... Then that will be the result of allowing Progessive Liberals to control the dialog. Republicans were elected to represent their constituents ... Not simply address the President's agenda. If Republicans think they can win elections trying to out-liberal the Liberals ... Well they can pretty much forget ever getting elected.

They need to tell the President they will send him some legislation to sign when he is ready to sign a budget bill.

Forum List

Back