Does your W10 take forever to update ??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I have had folks tell me it takes several hours to days to finish a basic update or can take 20 min

My next computer will be Google machine

I have had folks tell me it takes several hours to days to finish a basic update or can take 20 min

A few minutes and then I have to reinstall my printer.
Thanks to MS using incompetent Business Visas.

Indeependent
Lennox seems to be very popular with the computer crowd

I am buying the chrome machines next ??
The software is very simple but it can only do very basic things

Windows has become way to complex for me

Lennox seems to be very popular with the computer crowd

I am buying the chrome machines next ??
Do you mean Linux?

It takes a little to learn it but I'd much rather have it than a Chromebook. They're painful.

Anyway, from what I see, Windows is pretty much default for business.

It shouldn't take that long to update w 10 it shouldn't take that long unless it fresh install e.g. putting Windows 10 in for the first time it takes a while but after there it should take 10 mins , max,

Last edited:

That is usually do to the internet speed or the hardware I would imagine. I think the most it took me was close to an hour when it was installing a new service pack on an earlier version of windows. Most of the updates install withing 20 minutes max using a cable modem.

W10 boots up slow so if you install updates that requires many restarts it can be a bit of a time buster. I did have it go ahead and install updates now when I picked the install later button though.

Forum List

Back