Didnt know where this should go. Computers or video games?

You having HDMI problems or what ?

Nah.
Just had to get a big screen that I can use downstairs since I can no longer climb stairs after 6 surgeries to reach the game room.
The only place it can be mounted is above the fireplace and it needs to be dropped at least 31 inches for it to be watchable.
It's about time for a new TV since the last Sony we bought for the game room was in 2016.
Hell,we paid way more for that sony than we did for the new LG. Thank God for the price drop as tech has evolved.

Nah.
Just had to get a big screen that I can use downstairs since I can no longer climb stairs after 6 surgeries to reach the game room.
The only place it can be mounted is above the fireplace and it needs to be dropped at least 31 inches for it to be watchable.
It's about time for a new TV since the last Sony we bought for the game room was in 2016.
Hell,we paid way more for that sony than we did for the new LG. Thank God for the price drop as tech has evolved.
I do LG in the ol ladies cave. 46" Stupid TV
In my office I've been comfortable with TCL( More China crap) 27 and 32 ,(Also stupid-Android--rhymes with hemorrhoid). They aint bad for the peso.

Got the 77 in. LG GX installed today along with the sound bar and subwoofer.
No more climbing the stairs to watch football or movies!!
I'd swear it's not level but a level says different.
It's obviously in the down position. When it's in the up position there are no wires visible.
It makes the 40in. next to it look small. Going to keep the 40in so I can watch multiple games.
0CD136E3-5E83-4A3E-9A17-31516BA939FF.jpeg

The installer said he wants to come back and lower the plug so it isnt visible in the down position.
We have a bunch of sheetrock work that needs to be done so it wont be an issue to patch the hole.

Got the 77 in. LG GX installed today along with the sound bar and subwoofer.
No more climbing the stairs to watch football or movies!!
I'd swear it's not level but a level says different.
It's obviously in the down position. When it's in the up position there are no wires visible.
It makes the 40in. next to it look small. Going to keep the 40in so I can watch multiple games.
View attachment 531892

Just noticed the dog snout on the left.
I swear he's a camera hound.

My TV is only about a foot tall and maybe a foot and a half wide. I don't watch TV much, and it would be ridiculous to have some expensive big screen monster taking up space; my wife mainly watches talk shows and infotainment crap, I watch maybe a couple hours at most at a time maybe three -four days a week, depending on the weather. I have about $12 grand in my audio gear, though. Doesn't take a lot of gear to get that much in good quality audio.

My TV is only about a foot tall and maybe a foot and a half wide. I don't watch TV much, and it would be ridiculous to have some expensive big screen monster taking up space; my wife mainly watches talk shows and infotainment crap, I watch maybe a couple hours at most at a time maybe three -four days a week, depending on the weather. I have about $12 grand in my audio gear, though. Doesn't take a lot of gear to get that much in good quality audio.
I actually have 2 TVs, one 19" which I'm getting ready to donate and my 39" which hasn't been turned on but twice since my wife's passing over a year ago. She was the one that watched it, everything I do are on my desktop computers. The only reason I turned it on twice was first hooking it up to my ROKU after canceling Xfinity TV then to a free Xfinity ROKU like device just to make sure everything worked. The Xfinity device has since been returned as I didn't use it.

These days you'll spend more time channel hopping trying to find something worth watching, and failing, no matter how many channels you're dumb enough to pay for. I really don't get paying for TV; must be a mental illness.

I'm into audio as well. I also have about $12 grand invested... in my speakers. And yeah it does take a lot a gear to get high quality audio or at least my definition of it. I probably have another $12 grand invested just in my digital set-up. We won't go down the turntable road - that's a whole 'nother story. And I must be mentally ill also because I pay for TV - like NFL Sunday Ticket and we also have a big-ass TV to watch it on. I also enjoy channel hopping - sometimes watching 2 or 3 documentaries or 2 or 3 football games at the same time - believe me, it takes skill and timing to do that.

And another item that illustrates my mental illness - I had two separate 220V lines installed just to power my Krell amplifiers - they are Class A biased, so they soak up lots of current and generate oodles of heat. Oh, but do they sound good? I get chilly bumps and a chubby just thinking about it.

Of course, my neighbor is big into fishing. He has the boat, trailer and new pickup to haul it. He was showing me last week his new $850 rod and reel. It was a beauty alright and all I could think was "Is this some type of mental illness?" Who spends that kind of money on a rod and reel? Certainly not the guy who has a $10K video projector and a 100 inch screen or the guy with the $50K audio system. They're not crazy enough to fall for that.

So, to each his own. I say it and respect it.

Cheers

I'm into audio as well. I also have about $12 grand invested... in my speakers. And yeah it does take a lot a gear to get high quality audio or at least my definition of it. I probably have another $12 grand invested just in my digital set-up. We won't go down the turntable road - that's a whole 'nother story. And I must be mentally ill also because I pay for TV - like NFL Sunday Ticket and we also have a big-ass TV to watch it on. I also enjoy channel hopping - sometimes watching 2 or 3 documentaries or 2 or 3 football games at the same time - believe me, it takes skill and timing to do that.

And another item that illustrates my mental illness - I had two separate 220V lines installed just to power my Krell amplifiers - they are Class A biased, so they soak up lots of current and generate oodles of heat. Oh, but do they sound good? I get chilly bumps and a chubby just thinking about it.

Of course, my neighbor is big into fishing. He has the boat, trailer and new pickup to haul it. He was showing me last week his new $850 rod and reel. It was a beauty alright and all I could think was "Is this some type of mental illness?" Who spends that kind of money on a rod and reel? Certainly not the guy who has a $10K video projector and a 100 inch screen or the guy with the $50K audio system. They're not crazy enough to fall for that.

So, to each his own. I say it and respect it.

Cheers
Y'all are freakin' nuts!

Of course we won't talk about my gun and historical outfits collections.......... :eusa_whistle:

:D

Forum List

Back