Does true and false exist perfectly in the real world?

I cannot establish the existence of descartes, and insofar as he established himself by realizing that he thinks......therefore he exists.....?

Him still existing is an unknown.

1. did he ever exist
2. do we think after we die
3. is he still thinking..

etc...lotsa variables

right it's not absolute even him thinking therefore he is, is only part of belief that the reality he said it in is real.
Im not speaking from his pov

I can establish as an absolute fact that I exist, and only establish it to myself.... but not to you or anyone else.

My existing is not relative fact, its an absolute fact but I can only establish it as such to myself. Thats a limitation.

What if you were hypnotized and everything you thought to be true about yourself wasn't and then you were told to wake up and poof this existence you thought real was no more.
I dont think as an absolute fact that anything is true about myself....to begin with except for existing.

I can think of no scenario where I could........think, if i didnt exist -

That existence im experiencing could all indeed be some misleading thing, or a hallucination.....or a computer model.....

but i know i exist, at the very least - im either a computer mind, or a human one....or something spiritual or metaphysical .....maybe even in another dimension....maybe I AM a dimension...

but i know i exist or i couldnt be thinking

Like A.I. or gne use your illusions, life is but a :smiliehug:dream and then you wake up or die depending on what you think at the time right?
Its fun to imagine.....and hold onto hope its not just worm food. lol

right it's not absolute even him thinking therefore he is, is only part of belief that the reality he said it in is real.

I can establish as an absolute fact that I exist, and only establish it to myself.... but not to you or anyone else.

My existing is not relative fact, its an absolute fact but I can only establish it as such to myself. Thats a limitation.

What if you were hypnotized and everything you thought to be true about yourself wasn't and then you were told to wake up and poof this existence you thought real was no more.
I dont think as an absolute fact that anything is true about myself....to begin with except for existing.

That existence im experiencing could all indeed be some misleading thing, or a hallucination.....or a computer model.....

but i know i exist, at the very least - im either a computer mind, or a human one....or something spiritual or metaphysical .....maybe even in another dimension....maybe I AM a dimension...

Like A.I. or gne use your illusions, life is but a :smiliehug:dream and then you wake up or die depending on what you think at the time right?

Yeah nobody know. We only have experiences and share them.

share them with who:eek:

lol j/p

i have a degree of confidence that you exist drifter. my brain cant imagine some of the awesome stuff you post on its own. :)

lol j/p

i have a degree of confidence that you exist drifter. my brain cant imagine some of the awesome stuff you post on its own. :)

I'm just saying if you were hypnotized or programmed to believe things that would also be true to you, as well as a schizophrenic believes their reality. The person who posted the original post was talking about absolute true or false in reality, and I was just looking at what reality. Because reality and true or false in that reality is different for people. In the context he was talking about an employee.

"A good example is when a boss says 'this employee always works hard' and happens to not remember the few times when he didn't. He bases his logic on that which is 'this employee always words hard' as a true statement that is always true. In his mind it is true so he is able to make his judgements on that assumption but in real life it may not be as true as he thinks it is. Could he actually come to any conclusions about him without the absoluteness of the truth existing in his mind? Would his thoughts seem cloudy and unclear?"

Drifter, I was listening to a discussion on solipsism the other day and was thinking I may write a book or a movie about it.

The only prominant one i can think thats been done popularly so far is the matrix......its kind of an untapped idea at the moment. oh think of all the places a dumbass like me could go with the idea of the world being someones delusion

lol j/p

I'm just saying if you were hypnotized or programmed to believe things that would also be true to you, as well as a schizophrenic believes their reality. The person who posted the original post was talking about absolute true or false in reality, and I was just looking at what reality. Because reality and true or false in that reality is different for people. In the context he was talking about an employee.

"A good example is when a boss says 'this employee always works hard' and happens to not remember the few times when he didn't. He bases his logic on that which is 'this employee always words hard' as a true statement that is always true. In his mind it is true so he is able to make his judgements on that assumption but in real life it may not be as true as he thinks it is. Could he actually come to any conclusions about him without the absoluteness of the truth existing in his mind? Would his thoughts seem cloudy and unclear?"
in order for two people to determine if true and false actually exist ...the two parties in the discussion, in order for it to be meaningful....I suppose would have to agree that they both exist and exist in the same reality. Basal assumptions, i think theyre called......something like that.

Drifter, I was listening to a discussion on solipsism the other day and was thinking I may write a book or a movie about it.

The only prominant one i can think thats been done popularly so far is the matrix......its kind of an untapped idea at the moment. oh think of all the places a dumbass like me could go with the idea of the world being someones delusion

I think about it a lot because as you know my sister committed suicide but she was on life support and so I watched them take her off life support and die.

So I think about reality and truth false etc etc. Also projections and what people decide is their truth their reality so to speak.

GNR's use your illusions seems like the way to go regardless :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

I think about it a lot because as you know my sister committed suicide but she was on life support and so I watched them take her off life support and die.

So I think about reality and truth false etc etc. Also projections and what people decide is their truth their reality so to speak.

whats GNR? I tried to google it instead of remaining a dummy.....and the results say some gonad hormone lol

whats GNR? I tried to google it instead of remaining a dummy.....and the results say some gonad hormone lol

guns n roses :lol: sorry just thought about it when I was stoned "use your illusions" haha love you G.T.

guns n roses :lol: sorry just thought about it when I was stoned "use your illusions" haha love you G.T.
ahh...lol.

♡♡♡

You down for a semi crazy thought i had about reality? itd take me like ten mins to type

You down for a semi crazy thought i had about reality? itd take me like ten mins to type

Sure, I like to read your thoughts. I am waiting for a couple friends to show up here shortly and then will be gone maybe an hour or two once they get here. Look forward to it. HUGS.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
i was thinking about michael jordan.

skill wise.....there were better folks.
his shooting percentage wasnt the greatest, yet he was one of the greatest scorers of all time....

what did he have

he had the balls to ignore cries of ballhog....

to ignore that he missed the last 3 shots.

and keep hogging, and keep shooting

and many, many players had the same skill level... and if they ALSO had that other "thing" that allowed them to ignore those anxieties about missing....hogging the ball....

theyda been jordan too.

i have lots of those little micro discoveries, a lot of the time its just people successfully breaking the illusion of peoples opinions mattering, in order to achieve higher levels.....its like you need to exist in your own little reality and be convinced of it

his shooting percentage wasnt the greatest, yet he was one of the greatest scorers of all time....

what did he have

and many, many players had the same skill level... and if they ALSO had that other "thing" that allowed them to ignore those anxieties about missing....hogging the ball....

theyda been jordan too.

i have lots of those little micro discoveries, a lot of the time its just people successfully breaking the illusion of peoples opinions mattering, in order to achieve higher levels.....its like you need to exist in your own little reality and be convinced of it

I live in so many different realities, I need to really pick just one and stay on it like Michael Jordan.

what did he have

theyda been jordan too.

I live in so many different realities, I need to really pick just one and stay on it like Michael Jordan.
If I could be hypnotized to not care what other people think, and knew it was the key to my own successes.....

Id probably decline, because I like caring.

But other times I do wish I was ruthless. oh well, right??

I will try to do better

It doesnt matter if the world you experience is real or fake, you can establish that you exist as a thinking entity by even having the thought "do I exist."

From there, other truth can be established as absolutes.

For example, the concept of a christian god is that it is "all knowing."

Therefore, you can know the following as an absolute truth:

1. i am not the christian god.
2. if i am the christian god, then it is not all knowing or else Id know........that im the christian god.

That's not really absolutism, seems more like relativism.
Id disagree, but these things take too long capital D.

Relativism means it changes from observor to observor.

In the case of establishing whether you exist or not - relativism doesnt even apply as a concept.....youre only establishing your own existence, and establishing it TO yourself......

I know what it means, does Descartes still think he is? :lol: what's he think now what's reality.
I cannot establish the existence of descartes, and insofar as he established himself by realizing that he thinks......therefore he exists.....?

1. did he ever exist

etc...lotsa variables

In case Descartes lives on the holodeck of starship Enterprise then everything is wrong what he thinks about - but one thing is not wrong: He thinks about something. And because he thinks there must be something somewhere what thinks and produces all this informations: is Descartes? Descartes is mabye the Computer of starship Enterprise - maybe he is the programmer of the holodeck - but he is. The sentence "Cogito ergo sum" says not what Descartes is.

Last edited:
I'm a German and I understand what you say here - in my way, not in your way. The english language is for me cloudy and unclear - and what I call "meine wundervolle Sprache voll himmelsklarer Poesie und tiefgründiger Weisheit" is for you dark and unknown. Fortunatelly exists a world of ideas - a pure spiritual world - which is common between all human beings. That's why we are able to find the ideas of different cultures in the different languages - and we are able to compare this with our ideas. We are able to find the common elements and are able to eliminate unimportant sideeffects and so on and so on. As far as I know should this world of ideas, where we use different names or sounds for ideas, also be compatible with every "intelligent species" in this universe here, because physics is using the world of ideas too - it uses mathematics - and we are able to make in physics or any other natural science sensefull 'prophecies' for experiments. In this case an idea find its truth in the reality. Sure is the moon not [only] a perfect circle for example - but he is circle too and his volume - ¿his? : the moon is male in the german language and the sun is female - is 4/3*pi*r^3, if I remember well.

German is one of many obsolete languages and will soon be overshadowed by one of the other top 6:

- English
- Spanish
- Chinese
- Arabic
- Hindi
- Russian

Yes, true and false exist perfectly in the real world. For example, an ant is never not an ant at the same time and in the same way as when its an ant.
Philosophically speaking, this falls in the category of British Empiricism.

Ergo, our senses give us our only knowledge of the external universe.

Be are born tabula rasa.

Our environment forms us.

Our environment consists of our parents, our friends, our teachers, our ministers, our schools, and our employers.

Something either exists or it does not exist.

And then there is the vast unknown.

For example, the half dozen or more classic proofs of God suggest there is a God. But we do not know it nor can we prove it.

We know that we exist. Rene Descartes taught us this as well as Cartesian Geometry.

It is a safe bet that others exist also, since they can give us joy and pain, and even kill us.

Any statement is either valid or invalid.

Therefore truth exists objectively.

Something is either true or false.

There are no unicorns. At least none that we have ever seen in 10,000 years of human civilization.

Last edited:

1. did he ever exist

etc...lotsa variables

Like A.I. or gnr use your illusions, life is but a :smiliehug:dream and then you wake up or die depending on what you think at the time right?
Wrong.

Id disagree, but these things take too long capital D.

Relativism means it changes from observor to observor.

In the case of establishing whether you exist or not - relativism doesnt even apply as a concept.....youre only establishing your own existence, and establishing it TO yourself......

I know what it means, does Descartes still think he is? :lol: what's he think now what's reality.

1. did he ever exist

etc...lotsa variables

What if you were hypnotized and everything you thought to be true about yourself wasn't and then you were told to wake up and poof this existence you thought real was no more and who you were so sure you are because of your thought turned out only to be a hypnotic suggestion.
What if a buzzard had a piano glued to his ass?

Then wouldn't there be music in the air ??? !!!

Forum List

Back