Does this represent the Republican Base?

R

rdean

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) referred to unemployed people as "bums" and "hobos" when talking about extending unemployment benefits.

Sharon Angle: Unemployed are "Spoiled"; It's not my job to fight for Nevadans' jobs.

Rand Paul referred to the unemployed as, "Whining belly achers".

The governor of Virginia issued a proclamation for "Confederate history month." and failed to mention slavery.

SC Lt. Gov: Poor Like ‘Stray Animals,’ Don’t Feed Them or ‘They Breed’.

Rep. Barton said: "I apologize. I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong, is subject to some sort of political pressure that is, again, in my words — amounts to a shakedown, so I apologize." (referring to BP payments after BP destroyed a thousand miles of US Coastline, thousands of companies and throwing millions of Americans out of work).

House Minority Leader John Boehner referred to the attempt to regulate financial institutions as being like "killing an ant with a nuclear weapon."

In a 57-41 vote, just three votes shy of the 60 needed to pass, Republicans shot down any hope for the millions of jobless Americans who depend on government aid. Over Over 1.2 million people have already lost their weekly benefits with that number growing by 200,000per week.

------------------------------------------

I'm curious. When the Republican base reads these statements, are they in agreement? Do they disagree?

Some people feel Republicans want as many unemployed people as possible, because they think it will get them elected.

I couldn't find what percentage of the unemployed are Republican. What do they feel when they hear this rhetoric?

This is NOT Flame Zone. I'm curious what the Republican base thinks when they hear these opinions. Do they share these views?

Some people feel Republicans want as many unemployed people as possible, because they think it will get them elected.

I do believe that is the political game here. Repubs want to do all they can to create the most unhappy electorate going into the November elections.

Then they can say it's Obama's fault for not creating a vast, booming economy in less than 2 years, after a recession of epic proportions just occurred. That would obviously be a failure of his because any fair-minded republican would have ended all unemployment and jumpstarted the economy immediately. :lol:

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) referred to unemployed people as "bums" and "hobos" when talking about extending unemployment benefits.

Sharon Angle: Unemployed are "Spoiled"; It's not my job to fight for Nevadans' jobs.

The governor of Virginia issued a proclamation for "Confederate history month." and failed to mention slavery.

Rep. Barton said: "I apologize. I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong, is subject to some sort of political pressure that is, again, in my words — amounts to a shakedown, so I apologize." (referring to BP payments after BP destroyed a thousand miles of US Coastline, thousands of companies and throwing millions of Americans out of work).

House Minority Leader John Boehner referred to the attempt to regulate financial institutions as being like "killing an ant with a nuclear weapon."

In a 57-41 vote, just three votes shy of the 60 needed to pass, Republicans shot down any hope for the millions of jobless Americans who depend on government aid. Over Over 1.2 million people have already lost their weekly benefits with that number growing by 200,000per week.

I'm curious. When the Republican base reads these statements, are they in agreement? Do they disagree?

I couldn't find what percentage of the unemployed are Republican. What do they feel when they hear this rhetoric?

This is NOT Flame Zone. I'm curious what the Republican base thinks when they hear these opinions. Do they share these views?

Thats because the Republicans believe they deserve what has happened to them. This is all part of their grand plan to "toughen" them up

If you make it too easy on the poor.....everyone will want to be poor

Why should people need to own anything? Why can't Obama just figure out what we need? Is that so hard?

Evil happens because there was not a government program and strict regulations to stop it from happening.

We all know that Dems offer the dead a real chance to be represented, so it's only natural that they would vote overwhelmingly, 98%+ for Democrats. Should that surprise us?

Where the fuck is your link, rtard?

Oh, this is NOT Flame Zone, right, LOL, what the fuck was I thinking, this is a serious debate OP.

Oh, this is NOT Flame Zone, right, LOL, what the fuck was I thinking, this is a serious debate OP.

Did those people say or do the things the OP quoted them as saying or doing?

If so, why are they right? If not, what did they really say?

I am currently unemployed and have not been a Republican for 5 years.

The statements piss me off, but then just about anything said by any politician (Republican or Democrat) piss me off, so, I probably am not a good person to ask that question of.

Immie

Did he say ALL? Because SOME of them are.

Maybe to an extent she's right...why look for a job if somebody's gonna pay you not to?
Again...some of them are. Too lazy to look for work. Too proud to do blue collar jobs. Too good for minimum wage...sounds like a bunch of belly aching to me too.
BULLSHIT....read it for yourself Governor Robert F. McDonnell: Our Commonwealth WHEREAS, it is important for all Virginians to understand that the institution of slavery led to this war and was an evil and inhumane practice that deprived people of their God-given inalienable rights and all Virginians are thankful for its permanent eradication from our borders, and the study of this time period should reflect upon and learn from this painful part of our history;

I just read that piece...and while it isn't a very good way of putting it, he has a pretty good point. If you get benefits, you should do something to give back. And you really can't argue with the fact that there are those among our poor population that see having another child as a good way to get an increase in benefits. But I won't defend the comparison to stray animals. That's a bit too much.

Oh my God...are we really going to go done the apologist trail? Not with Obama in office, please.

Bohner is a funny guy....and right to an extent. He's a bit outlandish at times and says some crazy stuff...but he use to hang out with Joe Biden for cryin out loud. So he gets it honest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason they voted no is because they wanted the dems to come up with a way to pay for it...but the dems just want to print more dough.

I guess the short answer is yes for the most part...but you should put more context into your assertions.

Last edited:
Democrats 3:16 For Obama so loved America that he gave unemployment benefits to all, that whoever believes in Mo' N Bigga Gubbamint shall not perish but have eternal government cheese

Last edited:

Did those people say or do the things the OP quoted them as saying or doing?

If so, why are they right? If not, what did they really say?

Are others opinions always right? Of course not...the points that the OP asserted lack some context and the one about slavery is pure BS.

fishing for bullets to shoot at the right again basically

Forum List

Back