Does this represent the Republican Base?

Democrats 3: 16 For Obama so loved America that he gave unemployment benefits to all, that whoever believes in Mo' N Bigga Gubbamint shall not perish but have eternal government cheese

Ok, I get it. You really are here just to demogogue and smear, not really advance any thinking or progress in ideas.

I joined this site because I thought I could honestly get arguements from both sides that would lead to a healthy contemplation of ideas, right or left. I'm beginning to realize that very few people care about that, and would rather engage in polarizing rhetoric.

I'm curious, does this opinion you have about CF include those on the left as well?

I believe that people will a not actively look for work while they are receiving unemployment money.

If you extend unemployment benefits you are merely enabling people to sit on their asses for a longer period of time.

Why do you believe that? Have you been unemployed before and found that it was so luxurious that you wanted to stay on it?

Do you think that people who were on unemployment, throughout history, waited until the unemployment ran out to finally get another job, or is that just an Obama phenomenon?

Ok, I get it. You really are here just to demogogue and smear, not really advance any thinking or progress in ideas.

I joined this site because I thought I could honestly get arguements from both sides that would lead to a healthy contemplation of ideas, right or left. I'm beginning to realize that very few people care about that, and would rather engage in polarizing rhetoric.

I believe that people will a not actively look for work while they are receiving unemployment money.

If you extend unemployment benefits you are merely enabling people to sit on their asses for a longer period of time.

Or discouraging them from downsizing and living within their means. When you are out of work for more than six months, maybe it's time to give up that 6 bedroom house and the Lexus. God forbid! (I know chanel is a cruel heartless bitch) :lol:

In times like these, you can't just "give up the house"... I don't drive a Lexus. I drive a Ford Escape and I can't just give it up either. I suppose I can default on both loans but I was raised to believe that is wrong. I suppose I could let to bank foreclose in six months if I just stop making mortgage payments, but I was raised to believe that was wrong as well. I cannot sell my house right now. It is three miles from my house to the freeway. I would estimate that 75% of the homes between my house and the freeway have for sales signs in the yard and I doubt there have been 3 sales in the last two years.

I suppose if they do cut my UE next month then I will have to find some other way to get an income as there do not appear to be any jobs in my field at the moment.

You cannot just give up the house or the Lexus. Things don't work that way. Wish it did, I'm sure now that my dad has passed away, my mom would like some company.

Immie

Why do you believe that? Have you been unemployed before and found that it was so luxurious that you wanted to stay on it?

Do you think that people who were on unemployment, throughout history, waited until the unemployment ran out to finally get another job, or is that just an Obama phenomenon?

I don't think so...been there before...it is no cakewalk. IMO, it's more of a concern of the high numbers that are actually receiving it. We can't sustain these numbers for this length of time.

No, it's a pretty standard occurrence. It's more prevalent with obama as we have extension after extension after extension of UC.

I don't think so...been there before...it is no cakewalk. IMO, it's more of a concern of the high numbers that are actually receiving it. We can't sustain these numbers for this length of time.

Exactly, it's no cake-walk. People aren't lving it up on UC. It's not a demotivator.

The high numbers that are receiving it is a problem, but a problem that cannot be resolved overnight. It takes years to rebound from the economic disaster that happened to us. It's a process that involves a slow reduction of the number of people that need UC.

In my opinion, the current denial of the extension of UC benefits is just a political tactic R's are using to try and fester the most angry electorate possible before November. Is making the lives of your citizens more miserable really a position R's want to take, simply for political gain?

I take offense to that.

Why can't Obama appoint all of the unemployed as some type of czar?

So you think people that are unemployed are to be made fun of??? I wish with all my heart that you and your stupid pals would all lose your income and be in their shoes. I'm sure you wouldn't think it was so funny then.

Truth be known, you probably don't have any income to lose. I'll bet you don't work, live with your parents and sponge off of them, and are pushing 40. Stupid ass.

Or discouraging them from downsizing and living within their means. When you are out of work for more than six months, maybe it's time to give up that 6 bedroom house and the Lexus. God forbid! (I know chanel is a cruel heartless bitch) :lol:

Not at all, if she is anything like her avatars, she is HOT!!!

Nope. But I'll take gaffes over bad policy any day.

Idiologies are not gaffes. These are policy's in a sense....its what the right are all about.

What I dont understand is, how do unemployed republicans feel about being called bums by their party?

Lol.
Loon.

am I wrong? or are you really just as stupid as your posts?

Your own posts aren't holding up too well there, skippy.

whatever idiot. bill clintion has worked nonstop since the 90s between speaking, his chariti(es) and since obama took office, acting as an unofficial spokesmen for the usa ( remember when they sent him to north korea instead of hillary?)

if you want to keep being a partisan jackass thats your choice, but just know that you look like an idiot

Nope. But I'll take gaffes over bad policy any day.

Idiologies are not gaffes. These are policy's in a sense....its what the right are all about.

What I dont understand is, how do unemployed republicans feel about being called bums by their party?

By one asshole in the party dude. Or do you have a link showing the Republican party on mass calling them bums?

Geesh.

am I wrong? or are you really just as stupid as your posts?

Your own posts aren't holding up too well there, skippy.

whatever idiot. bill clintion has worked nonstop since the 90s between speaking, his chariti(es) and since obama took office, acting as an unofficial spokesmen for the usa ( remember when they sent him to north korea instead of hillary?)

if you want to keep being a partisan jackass thats your choice, but just know that you look like an idiot

Dude that is not working. Are you for real?

Please. He loves to talk before a crowd. HE LIVES FOR IT.

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) referred to unemployed people as "bums" and "hobos" when talking about extending unemployment benefits.
Did he say ALL? Because SOME of them are.

Maybe to an extent she's right...why look for a job if somebody's gonna pay you not to?
Again...some of them are. Too lazy to look for work. Too proud to do blue collar jobs. Too good for minimum wage...sounds like a bunch of belly aching to me too.
BULLSHIT....read it for yourself Governor Robert F. McDonnell: Our Commonwealth WHEREAS, it is important for all Virginians to understand that the institution of slavery led to this war and was an evil and inhumane practice that deprived people of their God-given inalienable rights and all Virginians are thankful for its permanent eradication from our borders, and the study of this time period should reflect upon and learn from this painful part of our history;

I just read that piece...and while it isn't a very good way of putting it, he has a pretty good point. If you get benefits, you should do something to give back. And you really can't argue with the fact that there are those among our poor population that see having another child as a good way to get an increase in benefits. But I won't defend the comparison to stray animals. That's a bit too much.

Oh my God...are we really going to go done the apologist trail? Not with Obama in office, please.

Bohner is a funny guy....and right to an extent. He's a bit outlandish at times and says some crazy stuff...but he use to hang out with Joe Biden for cryin out loud. So he gets it honest.

In a 57-41 vote, just three votes shy of the 60 needed to pass, Republicans shot down any hope for the millions of jobless Americans who depend on government aid. Over Over 1.2 million people have already lost their weekly benefits with that number growing by 200,000per week.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason they voted no is because they wanted the dems to come up with a way to pay for it...but the dems just want to print more dough.
------------------------------------------

I'm curious. When the Republican base reads these statements, are they in agreement? Do they disagree?

Some people feel Republicans want as many unemployed people as possible, because they think it will get them elected.

I couldn't find what percentage of the unemployed are Republican. What do they feel when they hear this rhetoric?

This is NOT Flame Zone. I'm curious what the Republican base thinks when they hear these opinions. Do they share these views?

I guess the short answer is yes for the most part...but you should put more context into your assertions.

RICHMOND -- After a barrage of nationwide criticism for excluding slavery from his Confederate History Month proclamation, Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R) on Wednesday conceded that it was "a major omission" and amended the document to acknowledge the state's complicated past.

Virginia governor amends Confederate history proclamation to include slavery

You know, you don't need to link everything when it's such recent news. Nothing I wrote is very old, unless you call a month "old".

Forum List

Back