Does this represent the Republican Base?

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) referred to unemployed people as "bums" and "hobos" when talking about extending unemployment benefits.

Sharon Angle: Unemployed are "Spoiled"; It's not my job to fight for Nevadans' jobs.

Rand Paul referred to the unemployed as, "Whining belly achers".

The governor of Virginia issued a proclamation for "Confederate history month." and failed to mention slavery.

SC Lt. Gov: Poor Like ‘Stray Animals,’ Don’t Feed Them or ‘They Breed’.

Rep. Barton said: "I apologize. I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong, is subject to some sort of political pressure that is, again, in my words — amounts to a shakedown, so I apologize." (referring to BP payments after BP destroyed a thousand miles of US Coastline, thousands of companies and throwing millions of Americans out of work).

House Minority Leader John Boehner referred to the attempt to regulate financial institutions as being like "killing an ant with a nuclear weapon."

In a 57-41 vote, just three votes shy of the 60 needed to pass, Republicans shot down any hope for the millions of jobless Americans who depend on government aid. Over Over 1.2 million people have already lost their weekly benefits with that number growing by 200,000per week.

------------------------------------------

I'm curious. When the Republican base reads these statements, are they in agreement? Do they disagree?

Some people feel Republicans want as many unemployed people as possible, because they think it will get them elected.

I couldn't find what percentage of the unemployed are Republican. What do they feel when they hear this rhetoric?

This is NOT Flame Zone. I'm curious what the Republican base thinks when they hear these opinions. Do they share these views?

Nope. But I'll take gaffes over bad policy any day.

Idiologies are not gaffes. These are policy's in a sense....its what the right are all about.

What I dont understand is, how do unemployed republicans feel about being called bums by their party?

By one asshole in the party dude. Or do you have a link showing the Republican party on mass calling them bums?

Geesh.

Please see above and then come back and say you are sorry. Republican. Geesh.

Nope. But I'll take gaffes over bad policy any day.

Idiologies are not gaffes. These are policy's in a sense....its what the right are all about.

What I dont understand is, how do unemployed republicans feel about being called bums by their party?

By one asshole in the party dude. Or do you have a link showing the Republican party on mass calling them bums?

Geesh.

I dunno. Rand Paul told the unemployed "quit whining and get back to work".

rand-paul-contemplative-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

Rand Paul To Unemployed: Quit Whining And Get Back To Work (AUDIO) | TPMDC

And Sharon Engle said, as senator, it's not her job to bring jobs to Nevada and the unemployed are "spoiled". So what would her job be? And, she's leading in the polls.

Both of these people are loved by the Republican base.

Geesh.

And Sharon Engle said, as senator, it's not her job to bring jobs to Nevada and the unemployed are "spoiled". So what would her job be? And, she's leading in the polls.

As far as I'm concerned, there are very few Republicans left. The bagheads are mostly Republicans and conservatives.

Last edited:
Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) referred to unemployed people as "bums" and "hobos" when talking about extending unemployment benefits.

Sharon Angle: Unemployed are "Spoiled"; It's not my job to fight for Nevadans' jobs.

The governor of Virginia issued a proclamation for "Confederate history month." and failed to mention slavery.

Rep. Barton said: "I apologize. I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong, is subject to some sort of political pressure that is, again, in my words — amounts to a shakedown, so I apologize." (referring to BP payments after BP destroyed a thousand miles of US Coastline, thousands of companies and throwing millions of Americans out of work).

House Minority Leader John Boehner referred to the attempt to regulate financial institutions as being like "killing an ant with a nuclear weapon."

In a 57-41 vote, just three votes shy of the 60 needed to pass, Republicans shot down any hope for the millions of jobless Americans who depend on government aid. Over Over 1.2 million people have already lost their weekly benefits with that number growing by 200,000per week.

I'm curious. When the Republican base reads these statements, are they in agreement? Do they disagree?

Some people feel Republicans want as many unemployed people as possible, because they think it will get them elected.

I couldn't find what percentage of the unemployed are Republican. What do they feel when they hear this rhetoric?

This is NOT Flame Zone. I'm curious what the Republican base thinks when they hear these opinions. Do they share these views?

Geesh.

Please see above and then come back and say you are sorry. Republican. Geesh.

Charles_Main apology request bump. :eusa_whistle:

Reading through these posts, it's still not clear. Does the Republican base, when their leadership uses termns like "hobo, bum and spoiled", and says, "it's not their jobs to bring jobs to their states" when talking about the unemployed, agree with their leadership?

No.
And that's why they'll be voted out ALSO

It's both the Tea Baggers and the Republican leadership who use this rhetoric. Who will the Republican Base vote for?
:eusa_shhh: I voted for a couple Democrats, last election.

I vote according to their record.

During primaries (since I'm Republican), I vote for the Repub I think has the least chance of defeating the Dem I want.
:eusa_whistle:

You know what I'M curious about? Does this represent the Democrat/leftist base now, the strange belief that sourcing claims and assertions is unnecessary, because everyone is suddenly stupid enough to merely take their word for things?

In other words, dunce, try SHOWING us what was said instead of just telling us a little bit of it as though your word for it is worth a puddle of warm spit.

Epic fail.

Did you read the OP?

Yes.

It wasn't hyperbole though. It was things those people said or did, and things they really believe.

Why don't you spend time defending why those people are right in how they feel?

No, it was things rdean SAID they said, with absolutely no sourcing available for the context. Most of it wasn't even presented as direct quotes. Only a dumbass would treat that as deserving of a serious, thoughtful response.

Oh, this is NOT Flame Zone, right, LOL, what the fuck was I thinking, this is a serious debate OP.

Did those people say or do the things the OP quoted them as saying or doing?

If so, why are they right? If not, what did they really say?

Don't run ahead. The first question of whether they said or did those things hasn't been answered, so don't be rushing ahead and demanding opinions on it just yet.

Did he say ALL? Because SOME of them are.

Maybe to an extent she's right...why look for a job if somebody's gonna pay you not to?
Again...some of them are. Too lazy to look for work. Too proud to do blue collar jobs. Too good for minimum wage...sounds like a bunch of belly aching to me too.
BULLSHIT....read it for yourself Governor Robert F. McDonnell: Our Commonwealth WHEREAS, it is important for all Virginians to understand that the institution of slavery led to this war and was an evil and inhumane practice that deprived people of their God-given inalienable rights and all Virginians are thankful for its permanent eradication from our borders, and the study of this time period should reflect upon and learn from this painful part of our history;

I just read that piece...and while it isn't a very good way of putting it, he has a pretty good point. If you get benefits, you should do something to give back. And you really can't argue with the fact that there are those among our poor population that see having another child as a good way to get an increase in benefits. But I won't defend the comparison to stray animals. That's a bit too much.

Oh my God...are we really going to go done the apologist trail? Not with Obama in office, please.

Bohner is a funny guy....and right to an extent. He's a bit outlandish at times and says some crazy stuff...but he use to hang out with Joe Biden for cryin out loud. So he gets it honest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason they voted no is because they wanted the dems to come up with a way to pay for it...but the dems just want to print more dough.

I guess the short answer is yes for the most part...but you should put more context into your assertions.

RICHMOND -- After a barrage of nationwide criticism for excluding slavery from his Confederate History Month proclamation, Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R) on Wednesday conceded that it was "a major omission" and amended the document to acknowledge the state's complicated past.

Virginia governor amends Confederate history proclamation to include slavery

You know, you don't need to link everything when it's such recent news. Nothing I wrote is very old, unless you call a month "old".

Shockingly, not everyone is running around, poring over every news report they can get their hands on in order to hoard "Republicans suck" tidbits the way you do. Just because YOU think these things are the biggest events on the map doesn't mean anyone else in the world agrees with you.

So yes, you DO have to link everything. You especially need to, since almost no one around here takes you seriously.

Geesh.

Really? THAT is the big source that's supposed to make us all beat our breasts over the "horror" that is Republicans? TPM? And yet you wonder why everyone demands sources from you before treating your posts as anything more than the electronic equivalent of litter box lining.

Reading through these posts, it's still not clear. Does the Republican base, when their leadership uses termns like "hobo, bum and spoiled", and says, "it's not their jobs to bring jobs to their states" when talking about the unemployed, agree with their leadership?

Reading through these posts, what's clear are two things:

1) The Republican base, as represented on this board, is too smart to treat anything you post as worthy of serious commentary, especially without seeing the sources first, and

2) You're really delusional enough to think otherwise.

Forum List

Back