Does this insurrectionist's acquittal mean it's impossible to judicially defend our democracy?

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
The thing that I find so preposterous is that it's based on an ABSURD DEFENSIVE CLAIM ("I didn't know this was bad"). Based on this reasoning, a person can't even be convicted of assault for punching someone in the face unless the prosecution provides evidence that the victim did enough to try to prevent the attack. Trying a rape would devolve to putting the victim on trial for fighting back hard enough.

This judge has just handed a 'get out of jail free' card to every defendant. All they have to do is say they didn't know they were doing a bad thing, and all of a sudden the prosecution will be obligated to somehow try to disprove their nonsense. This will open the door for attempted insurrections without consequences to become a regular part of American political discourse.

“People were streaming by and the officers made no attempt to stop the people,” said the judge, an appointee of President Donald Trump.

Prosecutors argued that broken windows and blaring alarms should have alerted Martin that he did not have permission to enter, but McFadden said the sheer size of the crowd coupled with the conduct of the police undermined that evidence.

Judge issues first outright acquittal of Jan. 6 riot defendant

The thing that I find so preposterous is that it's based on an ABSURD DEFENSIVE CLAIM ("I didn't know this was bad"). Based on this reasoning, a person can't even be convicted of assault for punching someone in the face unless the prosecution provides evidence that the victim did enough to try to prevent the attack. Trying a rape would devolve to putting the victim on trial for fighting back hard enough.

This judge has just handed a 'get out of jail free' card to every defendant. All they have to do is say they didn't know they were doing a bad thing, and all of a sudden the prosecution will be obligated to somehow try to disprove their nonsense. This will open the door for attempted insurrections without consequences to become a regular part of American political discourse.

“People were streaming by and the officers made no attempt to stop the people,” said the judge, an appointee of President Donald Trump.

Prosecutors argued that broken windows and blaring alarms should have alerted Martin that he did not have permission to enter, but McFadden said the sheer size of the crowd coupled with the conduct of the police undermined that evidence.

Good one for America!
Being able to shoot each other on the streets is already been covered.

From the entire article, it appears that this Trump appointed judge is going case by case, as any decent judge knows he or she should. He has given various sentences to fit the Jan 6th crimes or in this case, a non-crime. Although the judge stated he didn't believe the defendant's testimony that he saw a CP wave him inside, it was the footage showing this CP's intermittent actions of at one time trying to stop the inflow and then stepping back and allowing many to enter...during that timeframe the defendant entered. From OP's link: “People were streaming by and the officers made no attempt to stop the people,” said the judge, an appointee of President Donald Trump. Good thing the court had video evidence or it would come down to whose word to take.

Good. Nice to know the entire judiciary hasn't been bought off or intimidated into just rubber stamping convictions when the evidence isn't there to support the charges.

If Jan 6 was an insurrection every BLM antifa proabortion riots are insurrections

Actually, the acquittal may open a new can of worms for the prosecution, in light of a recent SCOTUS ruling....

There was NO insurrection even the accused wasn't accused of sedition at all.

From the article you didn't read:

"Following a two-day bench trial in U.S. District Court in Washington, New Mexico engineer Matthew Martin was acquitted Wednesday on four misdemeanor charges by U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden."

red bolding mine

Why don't you stop spreading lies?

This judge has just handed a 'get out of jail free' card to every defendant. All they have to do is say they didn't know they were doing a bad thing

HILARIOUS! You mean the very same defense the Left have been using for YEARS! :auiqs.jpg:

intears.gif
ROFL.gif
giggle.gif

McFadden stressed that he wasn’t criticizing the officers, who he said “were grossly outnumbered at that point.”

This is the issue I have. We have video where *some* walked in with the cops just standing there doing nothing to stop them. Others clearly broke in. If one could show where you walked right past a police officer just standing there doing nothing I'd have a hard time finding guilt for much more than simple trespassing.

The cops should have done what they were being paid to do and then there would have been no questions here.

Serves you fucking leftist assholes right.

You fucktards did the same thing to us good people out here, when you tried to make it illegal for us to protect ourselves against home invasions.

So fuck you, and fuck you twice for complaining about it.

Get used to this, payback's gonna be a bitch

Forum List

Back