Does the rate of pay influence employee morale?: Poll: Personal Study

Does the pay rate that an individual makes, influence his or her morale at their place of employment

• Total voters

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Does the amount of money one makes at their job help influence morale?

I want to see what other people think about the rate one gets paid, influences the morale of that individual at his or her place of employment.

No ... this does ...

1c29e79329c6d29b80b36480f0dc9a15--coffee.jpg

Absolutely ! I pay my guys well and I've..YET...yet.... to be done wrong. 40 years in business for myself. Never say never...... ever...However. You generally get what you pay for.

The two aren’t really connected. Poor people can still be happy. Would they be happier with more money? Maybe, maybe not. Happiness doesn’t determine your pay scale. Skills and desire do.

The two aren’t really connected. Poor people can still be happy. Would they be happier with more money? Maybe, maybe not. Happiness doesn’t determine your pay scale. Skills and desire do.
No but the fear of losing what you have and going back in time can be overwhelming/motivational

Yes its too bad we are such a materialistic society. When it comes to morale in the workplace, even a shitty job if the people think they are paid what they are worth and have a roof, food, HI, and a few non necessities makes it worthwhile. If not they go on strike, and many who go on strike, like GM employees, nurses, teachers, are really kind of spoiled in my honest opinion.

`
`

The turnover at our company is nil.However, it is a balancing act where pay, benefits and management input needs to be balanced.

PC140474-1024x1024.JPG
BallardoyLuz.resized.JPG
I mean I live in the so-called "third world" You buy wedding dresses, suits and spread out some grub and help put a kid through the university and teach a few to drive or weld or actually USE a computer( as opposed to FarceBookie). Karma man. It's real.
Not obnoxious......keep it normal/no worries.

PC140459-1024x1024.JPG
PC140440-1024x1024.JPG

IMG_1667.resized.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, it is an influence. However, there are many other things not related to pay that also can influence moral.

I had the boss from hell in one of my jobs.

Yes, it is an influence. However, there are many other things not related to pay that also can influence moral.

I had the boss from hell in one of my jobs.
So did I. I beat his ass on the railroad tracks, did 90 days in jail and never worked for anyone again. And never acted like that asshole !

If a person makes enough to pay what he needs to pay, and buy some of the stuff he wants, pay shouldn't be a problem unless somebody offers him more.

If a person makes enough to pay what he needs to pay, and buy some of the stuff he wants, pay shouldn't be a problem unless somebody offers him more.
Thats if its a "Jew". If a dude makes good money and his boss is cool he can't be stolen unless it's an ENORMOUS amount of cash...or its a "Jew" Those pricks will walk for 10 cents an howwahhhh, steal are your contacts and pricing procedures and suppliers and anything else those sticky fingers can us to "their new best friend / boss man. Seen it. I avoid them. Luckily there's only a few around and they fully understand my position.

The happiest I ever was at a job was when I was a kid working at McDonalds. I was making 5.25 an hour. But...I had a Firebird.

I want to see what other people think about the rate one gets paid, influences the morale of that individual at his or her place of employment.

Yep. Some jobs suck and there is no way around it. So, if you're working 60-80 hours a week of different levels of suck and one half of the suck could be eliminated if there wasn't such a high turnover rate then it's time to start looking at the pay.

Sure, among many other things, such as management quality, culture, opportunity for advancement, etc.

One thing that influences morale in the opposite direction is when the business pays too much, and/or doesn't watch the other issues, and ultimately has to shut its doors as a result.

Like most everything else in life, it's about finding the proper equilibrium.

Pretend to pay me I pretend to work. I was fortunate in my younger adult years to walk off 2 different jobs. No notice, nothing. I would get a call at home to call a certain other company and if their offer was better I didn't show up anymore to my current job. It was incredibly empowering. 2 of the greatest days of my life. I didn't owe my employer squat. Then again it was only managerial positions.

I think a lot of moral in the workplace is related to personal goals. Like my husband works his ass off (3am to 6pm + 4 hours Saturday) at two thankless jobs that he bitches about almost daily (co-workers, customers, weather, everything...,) but it's all worth it to him because he's got goals for the money he's making - for the past year or two it's been about his gun collection and home defense/hunting etc., right now it's about buying my xmas present, and he's already working toward next summer's spending; replacing the roof, poly-jacking his garage, and putting on an addition to the front of the house for his endless pool and my new entry way. I really want him to quit one of the jobs (and have for probably a decade or more) because I'd like to think he'd enjoy being "partially" retired so he could spend more time with me, but he's happier working toward our projects; always has been.

Oh yeah it does, it that doesn’t mean a burger shot an McDonalds needs $25.00 an hour.

Different for different people. For me, no.

Benefits keeps me around.
Being able to work at my own pace and in a comfortable environment motivates me and helps my morale

Forum List

Back