Does the rate of pay influence employee morale?: Poll: Personal Study

Does the pay rate that an individual makes, influence his or her morale at their place of employment

• Total voters
hmmm I left out my experience... I'm not sure it's good for the study because of my syn since I don't "feel" emotions like most people (I "see" them, in colors); I suppose I run almost entirely on how I "think" it's supposed to be kinda. Like I think I should feel proud when I get something to work - so I kind of "act" it out. Not all the time, but when it seems like I'm expected to... Anyway, for what it's worth:

I always enjoyed working and it was a huge part of my life as I tended to internalize the business "as my own" kind of - not that I take over from the owner/BOD/CEO or anything like that [usually]. Its a bit counter intuitive because I would be stressed out about problems at work and I'd be constantly fretting about this or that, but it was always fulfilling for me because I always made it work out somehow. I've not actually thought about it in these terms before, but I suppose I figure if I was successful at work, then I was successful at home, and thus in life or something along those lines. I can say that I do find myself missing work; I get bored and ... listless, I feel like I need to be doing something more important, but so far I've been able to shrug it off because I'm retired now. I'm supposed to be enjoying not having to work! I am generally able to convince myself of that; and when it fails I start a house project :p (I just finished installing a stainless steel back splash in the kitchen for just that reason!)

Yes its too bad we are such a materialistic society. When it comes to morale in the workplace, even a shitty job if the people think they are paid what they are worth and have a roof, food, HI, and a few non necessities makes it worthwhile. If not they go on strike, and many who go on strike, like GM employees, nurses, teachers, are really kind of spoiled in my honest opinion.

When was the last time you heard of a teacher or nurse going on strike?

Your honest opinion isn't very honest, is it?

View attachment 160695 View attachment 160694 I mean I live in the so-called "third world" You buy wedding dresses, suits and spread out some grub and help put a kid through the university and teach a few to drive or weld or actually USE a computer( as opposed to FarceBookie). Karma man. It's real.
Not obnoxious......keep it normal/no worries.

View attachment 160690 View attachment 160692

View attachment 160693

I would move where you live just on what the food looks like and you can get away with a T-shirt and jeans at a wedding.

The two aren’t really connected. Poor people can still be happy. Would they be happier with more money? Maybe, maybe not. Happiness doesn’t determine your pay scale. Skills and desire do.
Employee Morale. Are employees happy with their job. Everyone likes to make more money. Your morale at work doesn't necessarily means it the same when you are not at work.

The two aren’t really connected. Poor people can still be happy. Would they be happier with more money? Maybe, maybe not. Happiness doesn’t determine your pay scale. Skills and desire do.
Employee Morale. Are employees happy with their job. Everyone likes to make more money. Your morale at work doesn't necessarily means it the same when you are not at work.
True. However if you’re miserable at your job is it because of the pay or is it because you know you aren’t qualified to do anything more satisfying? A burger flipper making twice as much is still just a burger flipper.

Forum List

Back