Does the middle class have a future?

Middle America is being squeezed out of existence. WE pay for the tax shelters for the wealthy. WE pay for corporate bailouts. WE pay for bailouts to save Wallstreet, who turns their back on middle America when their profits are huge.

All the while the GOP defends the wealthy in their shafting of the tax system and the GOP defends multinational corporations as they shirk paying their fair share of taxes. The Repub party is in business for the rich guys and the low information poor, many of whom are in the south.

Tell me again how many Wall streeters are in the current administration. You're a freaking idiot if you think your party is pure in the matter.

Short answer? NO. The Middle class is history.

Good video. Probably not. Even if we get basic income we get a bottom class. A great bottom class, could be greatly educated, etc. But it is still 1% and 99% with basic income. The middle class as a large percentage of society disappears.

don't know but I GUESS 'NO' , seems to me that jobs pay way less and that's even with many job seekers having some college or supposed skills . Far different then when I got my first good job as a 20 year old looking for a job . All I did was fill out the application and take a physical plus that job was worth 30-40 years with excellent benefits and a railroad rate of pay plus retirement . That got me into a job where 3 kids were raised and my wife didn't go to work until the kids were raised . I think that I was middle class , don't know for sure but I do know that I had it made !!

Jobs pay less while the super wealthy keep more. Eventually even those stubborn conservatives in the middle class will understand that they've been used by the super wealthy, and that their own conservative beliefs have actually worked against them. Then the tide will turn. We don't need nor will we have some massive revolution where we execute all the super wealthy as has happened many times in the past. We'll just vote in people who will represent the true middle class and we'll see a better distribution of income. Notice I said better as in more reasonable "distribution" and not redistribution.

I wonder: With the current middle class squeeze and future automation, can the middle class as we know it survive? I was thinking, when in the past things were automated e.g: the mechanical loom, luddites, the automobile, people adapted so why not now? Could it be that we could go through another 1950's style boom?
I suppose NO.
How will this influence on the whole political and economical system?
TPE-AMERICAN-MIDDLE-CLASS-banner1.jpg
In my opinion, the 1% is going to realize that it is within their own best interests to save the middle class. Republicans and democrats will eventually work together to save it. When? Hard to say, but I think it's feasible.

Is there any intention to bring R&D back home?
Is there any intention of stopping H-1B visas?
Is there any intention of stopping the union busting?

No.
Then there will be no future for the middle class. They have destroyed middle class jobs and much of the middle class lets them. So, there really should be no whining.

It was all fun and games with the Post Office.

I wonder: With the current middle class squeeze and future automation, can the middle class as we know it survive? I was thinking, when in the past things were automated e.g: the mechanical loom, luddites, the automobile, people adapted so why not now? Could it be that we could go through another 1950's style boom?
I suppose NO.
In my opinion, as long as voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, the Middle Class has no future.

I truly believe that the middle class is being culled out. I truly do. In America, there are the very rich and the very poor. those left (in the middle) are not being replaced as they retire. Wages are now for part-timers. One of the primary reasons the welfare rolls are swelling. Those on the government dole will be far easier to control in the next 10 or so years.

Thats exactly whats happening. The middle class is being replaced with immigrants who have much lower expectations about what successes means in America.

I suppose NO.
No.

The middle class fell for the lie that domestic tranquillity could be ensure by providing bread and circuses to the masses on borrowed money without being taxed sufficiently to pay for it.

The middle class killed itself; it is in its death throes now.

Ain't the Great Society wonderful?

What is more indicative of "Middle Class"?
Income or mindset?
2nd, 3rd and 4th quintiles of income are all classified as typical middle income but there is a large difference between the lower 2nd quintile and the upper 4th quintile.

I feel middle class today.
If I got a 50% pay cut tomorrow I'd feel middle class.
If I got a 50% pay increase tomorrow I'd feel middle class.

Thats a dangerous way of thinking.

Middle America is being squeezed out of existence. WE pay for the tax shelters for the wealthy. WE pay for corporate bailouts. WE pay for bailouts to save Wallstreet, who turns their back on middle America when their profits are huge.

All the while the GOP defends the wealthy in their shafting of the tax system and the GOP defends multinational corporations as they shirk paying their fair share of taxes. The Repub party is in business for the rich guys and the low information poor, many of whom are in the south.

Tell me again how many Wall streeters are in the current administration. You're a freaking idiot if you think your party is pure in the matter.
Who made out well under Obama?

The 1%, and the 47%.

In the middle is the fucked over class.

Ain't hope and change wonderful?

The middle class bears the highest tax burden no doubt. But taxing the rich isnt going to help matters just as taxing business doesnt help since they just pass the increased cost on to the consumer.

The middle class bears the highest tax burden no doubt. But taxing the rich isnt going to help matters just as taxing business doesnt help since they just pass the increased cost on to the consumer.
It is time for a head tax, payable in cash or labor.

All able bodied persons should have skin in the game, or, forfeit all voting rights and all welfare.

I suppose NO.

Profits Just Hit Another All-Time High, Wages Just Hit Another All-Time Low

1) Corporate profit margins just hit another all-time high. Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before. (And some people are still saying that companies are suffering from "too much regulation" and "too many taxes." Maybe little companies are, but big ones certainly aren't. What they're suffering from is a myopic obsession with short-term profits at the expense of long-term value creation).

2) Wages as a percent of the economy just hit another all-time low. Why are corporate profits so high? One reason is that companies are paying employees less than they ever have as a share of GDP. And that, in turn, is one reason the economy is so weak: Those "wages" are represent spending power for consumers. And consumer spending is "revenue" for other companies. So the profit obsession is actually starving the rest of the economy of revenue growth.

screen%20shot%202013-04-11%20at%209.58.53%20am.png

In short, our current obsessed-with-profits philosophy is creating a country of a few million overlords and 300+ million serfs.

Profits At High Wages At Low - Business Insider

Comp%20vs%20profits.jpg

Growth%2Bof%2BFamily%2BIncome.jpg

All able bodied persons should have skin in the game, or, forfeit all voting rights and all welfare.

Yep..when life costs you nothing it's easy to become complacent and your view of right and wrong becomes skewed.

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Such beliefs are starkly at odds with the basic facts regarding social programs, the analysis finds. Federal budget and Census data show that, in 2010, 91 percentof the benefit dollars from entitlement and other mandatory programs went to the elderly (people 65 and over), the seriously disabled, and members of working households. People who are neither elderly nor disabled — and do not live in a working household — received only 9 percent of the benefits.

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

BOTTOM HALF OF US MAKE 11% OF ALL INCOME. TOP 1% 20%+

Supply-Side Economics Sounds Good But It Hasn't Worked

Supply-Side Economics Sounds Good But It Hasn t Worked Byron Williams

taxmageddon.png

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Such beliefs are starkly at odds with the basic facts regarding social programs, the analysis finds. Federal budget and Census data show that, in 2010, 91 percentof the benefit dollars from entitlement and other mandatory programs went to the elderly (people 65 and over), the seriously disabled, and members of working households. People who are neither elderly nor disabled — and do not live in a working household — received only 9 percent of the benefits.

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

taxmageddon.png

You're missing the point.
Too many people pay nothing into the system so they dont give a rats ass about gov spending.

Yep..when life costs you nothing it's easy to become complacent and your view of right and wrong becomes skewed.

Soaking the Poor, State by State

You have heard, perhaps, that rich people in America are egregiously overtaxed. And the poor? They're the lucky duckies! Why, 47 percent of Americans pay no taxes at all!

(This is not true, of course. Many poor and elderly Americans pay no federal income tax, but they pay plenty of other taxes.)

Still and all, it's true that the federal income tax is indeed progressive. Conservatives are right about that—though it's not as progressive as it used to be, back before top marginal rates were lowered and capital gains taxes were slashed in half. But conservatives are a little less excited to talk about other kinds of taxes. Payroll taxes aren't progressive, for example. In fact, they're actively regressive, with the poor and middle classes paying higher rates than the rich.

And then there are state taxes. Those include state income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, and fees of various kinds. How progressive are state taxes?

Answer: They aren't. The Corporation for Enterprise Development recently released a scorecard for all 50 states, and it has boatloads of useful information. That includes overall tax rates, where data from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy shows that in the median state (Mississippi, as it turns out) the poorest 20 percent pay twice the tax rate of the top 1 percent. In the worst states, the poorest 20 percent pay five to six times the rate of the richest 1 percent. Lucky duckies indeed. There's not one single state with a tax system that's progressive. Check the table below to see how your state scores.

blog_tax_burden_states_0.img_assist_custom-414x1380.gif

Soaking the Poor State by State Mother Jones

Poor Families Pay Double The State And Local Tax Rate As The Rich

Poor Families Pay Double The State And Local Tax Rate As The Rich Study

taxmageddon.png

You're missing the point.
Too many people pay nothing into the system so they dont give a rats ass about gov spending.

MORE RIGHT WING NONSENSE. Shocking

conservative-logic-87490692705.jpeg
conservative-logic-87490692705.jpeg

f74160e246d7fe3fd34e099b41f35d15a4ece10086f4bf4248f02e58a970f402.jpg

Forum List

Back