Does the media portray Islam unfairly?

The Muslim religion is like a poisonous weed that if not pulled will kill all else in the garden.

Any other portrayal would be unfair.

Yeah, a lot of people throughout history have felt that way.

Adolf Hitler said:
The Jewish religion is like a poisonous weed that if not pulled will kill all else in the garden.

Maximinus I/Joseph Stalin said:
The Christian religion is like a poisonous weed that if not pulled will kill all else in the garden.

You're in good company, you horrible fucking bigot.

I am no expert on theology but the news media has agendas just like everyone else. Once, media was just reporting the news as a news source only. Now it is all embroiled in choosing parties, yellow journalism, gossip and rumor mongering.

This was never the case. There is no time period anyone can point to where the media was objective rather than biased and opinionated. It exists only in some imagined rather than actual past. 24 hour networks may have made it worse in relation to the era immediately preceding their existence and expansion, but otherwise most media outlets functioned far more as open, biased advocates for certain positions, ideologies, and policies than they do now throughout most of our history. Yellow journalism, gossip, and rumor mongering is what ruled the day from the invention of the printing press until at least the 1970s. Factual, unbiased media reporting is predominately a fiction. Your conclusions about why one should be skeptical of the MSM as a source of information are right, but your idea that it was once just a dispassionate relayer of information is false.

Scripture is just one book. A book that is missing other gospels. To learn, one must read many books. Not just one. The truth is out there....but I think it is scattered around in many different places in many other books. Man is the one that made the divide of this book for this sect, that book for that sect, etc. and in the shuffle, the truth got lost. I'm not smart enough look for all the missing pieces, nor have the inclination to even try because I believe it would take many lifetimes to find that truth.

Islam claims to be the final and complete word.
Fight and kill until muslims rule and all religion recognizes Muhammad as a prophet of god.
Sound right 2 you?

Maybe I'm just not getting the gist. I can admit that some things are over my humble head when it comes to some topics.

"Islam claims to be the final and complete word"
Isn't that what christians claim regarding the bible?

"Fight and kill until muslims rule and all religion recognizes Muhammad as a prophet of God"
I don't know. Does it say that in their book? Or the interpretation of what someone claims that's what the book says? And do not christians insist no human being can get to The Father unless they accept thru Jesus as his prophet? Sounds kinda like the other group, doesn't it? Fight and kill. That is also in the bible (old testament), is it not?

Islams claims to abrogate Judaism and Christianity leaving Islam and the only acceptable faith to allah it says so many times in the Quran and traditions .
Only Islam is the acceptable faith or jihad, forcing submission to sharia law on all people is the agreed opinion of authoritative Fiqh
according to the quran

Islam Question and Answer - Judging by that which Allaah has revealed

Islam Question and Answer - Should he turn to the human rights organizations to get his rights?
Islam Question and Answer - The kufr of one who rules according to other than what Allaah revealed

Allaah has commanded us to refer matters to His judgement and to establish Sharee‘ah, and He has forbidden us to rule with anything else, as is clear from a number of aayaat in the Qur’aan, such as the aayaat in Soorat al-Maa’idah (5) which discuss ruling according to what Allaah has revealed, and mention the following topics:

The command to rule according to what Allaah has revealed: “And so judge between them by what Allaah has revealed . . .” [aayah 49]

Warning against ruling by other than what Allaah has revealed: “. . . and follow not their vain desires . . .” [aayah 49]

Warning against compromising on any detail of Sharee‘ah, no matter how small: “. . . but beware of them lest they turn you far away from some of that which Allaah has sent down to you . . .” [aayah 49]

Forbidding seeking the ruling of jaahiliyyah, as is expressed in the rhetorical question “Do they then seek the judgement of (the Days of) Ignorance?” [aayah 50]

The statement that nobody is better than Allaah to judge: “. . . and who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?” [aayah 50]

The statement that whoever does not judge according to what Allaah revealed is a kaafir, a zaalim (oppressor or wrongdoer) and a faasiq (sinner), as Allaah says: “. . . And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed, such are the kaafiroon.” [aayah 44]; “. . . And whoever does not judge by that which Allaah has revealed, such are the zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)” [aayah 45]; “. . . And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed (then) such (people) are the faasiqoon (rebellious or disobedient).” [aayah 47].

The statement that it is obligatory for the Muslims to judge according to what Allaah has revealed, even if those who seek their judgement are not Muslim, as Allaah says: “. . . And if you judge, judge with justice between them. . .” [aayah 42]

This information IMO should be disseminated

Last edited:
QUENTIN
blah blah blah
Tank is an ignorant racist you are wasting your time.
Islam doesn't not get protection from the truth because of lies told about Jews.

Last edited:
Concerning Sharia Law. Isn't that comparable to Jim Jones and his koolaid? Or that other dude in Wacko Texas? Some extremists take their religion and bend laws and rules to suit their own agendas. Doesn't matter what religion it is.

No.

Scripture is just one book. A book that is missing other gospels. To learn, one must read many books. Not just one. The truth is out there....but I think it is scattered around in many different places in many other books. Man is the one that made the divide of this book for this sect, that book for that sect, etc. and in the shuffle, the truth got lost. I'm not smart enough look for all the missing pieces, nor have the inclination to even try because I believe it would take many lifetimes to find that truth.

Islam claims to be the final and complete word.
Fight and kill until muslims rule and all religion recognizes Muhammad as a prophet of god.
Sound right 2 you?

Maybe I'm just not getting the gist. I can admit that some things are over my humble head when it comes to some topics.

"Islam claims to be the final and complete word"
Isn't that what christians claim regarding the bible?

"Fight and kill until muslims rule and all religion recognizes Muhammad as a prophet of God"
I don't know. Does it say that in their book? Or the interpretation of what someone claims that's what the book says? And do not christians insist no human being can get to The Father unless they accept thru Jesus as his prophet? Sounds kinda like the other group, doesn't it? Fight and kill. That is also in the bible (old testament), is it not?

No....We are told that the only way to be "saved" is through the faith and belief that Jesus (the Son of God) came to earth and died on the cross for our sins. That is ALL we need to be saved. If someone doesn't believe that Jesus was the son of God (many believe he was only a good prophet), they will not make it to heaven. But Christians aren't going to kill people because they don't believe, like you see Muslims do all the time (honor killings anyone????).

Forum List

Back