Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

Christians may be forgiven for not understanding the religion of God but may not be so forgiven by not understanding God -

Satan is Dead.

So--does that mean there is an opening for top position in hell?

How do I apply. If I get the top job, revelations is not going to happen--you christians do know that, right?

Good can't exist without evil, right?

That's my thinking even for God. If God is all good how would he know what evil even was, unless in his world it also somehow exsisted. Maybe not in the form of a creature like Satan but it still must somehow have exsisted. If a good tree can't bear bad fruit then where did evil come from? If God is all good and knows no evil, how would he produce something bad?

An interesting thought process.

If we read the creation story in context, its clear that god created Satan before man. Evil already existed by the time of the fable of Adam and Eve. Proceeding under the assumption of an omni-everything god(s), we have to assume that god knew of (and planned) for the fall of man.

Adam and Eve were set up to fail the test.

Gee, thanks god(s).

That's my thinking even for God. If God is all good how would he know what evil even was, unless in his world it also somehow exsisted. Maybe not in the form of a creature like Satan but it still must somehow have exsisted. If a good tree can't bear bad fruit then where did evil come from? If God is all good and knows no evil, how would he produce something bad?

If we read the creation story in context, its clear that god created Satan before man. Evil already existed by the time of the fable of Adam and Eve. Proceeding under the assumption of an omni-everything god(s), we have to assume that god knew of (and planned) for the fall of man.

Gee, thanks god(s).

If Good and Evil absolutely have to co exsist maybe God doesn't have a choice in the matter. It may be the one rule God is subject too. It certaily looks like the two humanoids God created had the capacity for both. Angels rebeled against him and Satan became the embodiment of evil. Humans also have the capacity and it looked like God tried to trouble shoot the good evil rule by placeing it in the form of a tree and telling us to stay away. We chose to know evil as well as good and the result is that of the angels who took Lucifers side, we were cast out of the protective garden to wander with them on earth. If earth is where Lucifer fell with his angels does this mean earth is hell? Or maybe some type of purgatory until we are sorted out on which side of our nature is stronger? Those who lean toward good will live forever in the new heaven and earth and those who don't will join satan in the lake of fire. IDK just a theory.

Christians may be forgiven for not understanding the religion of God but may not be so forgiven by not understanding God -

Satan is Dead.

Satan cant be dead. He was never living to begin with. He has never recieved a body of flesh and blood. That was his punishment for rebellion.

Gee, thanks god(s).

If Good and Evil absolutely have to co exsist maybe God doesn't have a choice in the matter. It may be the one rule God is subject too. It certaily looks like the two humanoids God created had the capacity for both. Angels rebeled against him and Satan became the embodiment of evil. Humans also have the capacity and it looked like God tried to trouble shoot the good evil rule by placeing it in the form of a tree and telling us to stay away. We chose to know evil as well as good and the result is that of the angels who took Lucifers side, we were cast out of the protective garden to wander with them on earth. If earth is where Lucifer fell with his angels does this mean earth is hell? Or maybe some type of purgatory until we are sorted out on which side of our nature is stronger? Those who lean toward good will live forever in the new heaven and earth and those who don't will join satan in the lake of fire. IDK just a theory.

My opinion is that good and evil aren’t required to exist but do exist because god established existence as such. As the claimed “author of all” god is thus responsible for all.
Words are concepts given labels, nothing more. In the context of these discussions, good and evil are abstract or non-material concepts and as such are only meaningful in the context of human descriptions. So your comment above is a really great one. I think the answer is that there is no definition of good and evil prior to god allegedly preparing the so-called “test” for Adam and Eve.

As per the story, god gave A&E (not the cable station), neither the ability to make a considered choice nor did he bother to tell them the consequences of their choice would extend to every person born after them...

Simply remember the foundations of Christian Theism--The curse of all humanity for the actions of the "first" man and woman to use their free will to gain knowledge-- The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

Ever notice that in the Genesis story Yahweh doesn't bother to tell A&E there would be consequences of massive -- in fact -- eternal proportions (they don't get the "Oh, yeah, by the way, there is a Hell”, information until waaaaaay too late)? Ever notice that, bereft of knowledge of good and evil prior to eating the fruit of the tree, they can't tell what constitutes a "good" or "bad" behavior in the first place?

What we are left with is this: Evil is of god -- no way around that – god created satan, hence, god is all good and all evil at the same time and is completely self-contradictory. Your god, someone else’s god(s), any god could certainly communicate directly with mankind if he/she chose to. God could snap his eternal digits, speak to everyone in a deep resonant voice in particular language, -- yet understood by all – and pronounce a cure to all illnesses, for an example. Yet, he hasn’t. Further, there is no indication that any god – ever – has communicated directly with humans and that includes some 14,000 asserted gods of various flavors and persuasions.

Satan is Dead.

So--does that mean there is an opening for top position in hell?

How do I apply. If I get the top job, revelations is not going to happen--you christians do know that, right?

There is neither Satan nor Hell in the OuterWorld of the Everlasting.

God's religion is not Christianity.

only the first few pages of the "Judea / Christian" Bible are without fault (forbidden fruits) - the religion is one written before the first fault.

Man must acquire Remittance to the OuterWorld of the Everlasting - Remittance is the Religion of God prescribed for Mankind.

Just a fleeting thought, Is it possible that while God knew what satan would become it was ineviitable no matter what God created? What if in Gods world there is an unchangable default setting, where good is, so must evil be to keep balance.

That would explain this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzuxyq3ltls&feature=player_embedded]Mr. Deity Episode 2: Mr. Deity and the Really Big Favor - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

I am not sure but man cannot help but do evil. It is the competition part of evolution and we must compete and create losers. The loser is the evil that we must live with. We have no choice.

Regards
DL

Just like darkness has no choice but to flee in the presence of light, evil and good cannot inhabit a person at the same time. The Bible's instruction to avoid evil is to put on the armor of God. Keep your mind on God, and evil has no choice but to flee..
I don't think God was trying to balance good so He created evil, because Lucifer at one time was an anointed cherub in eternity past, and being 100%just, God couldn't decide for us, as to which we prefer in eternity present, but He can and will dispose of evil once the Fullness of Times has arrived. Eph. 1:9-10

Can you take the fruit of good and evil and separate the good from the evil?
No you cannot. God and the writers of that myth planned it that way. Yin and Yang are not in competition. They are in harmony just like good and evil must be in us.

You say God and the bible tell us to avoid evil while at the same time giving respect to your insane God who did exactly the opposite by putting Satan where Eve would trip over him.

Try replacing some of your foolish dogma with good dogma.

Regards
DL

If Good and Evil absolutely have to co exsist maybe God doesn't have a choice in the matter. .

There is a good book about. Hero of 1000 faces.

Every hero and God needs an adversary or what is the point of being God and how would someone become a hero?

He hero in this myth is the law maker.
If the old philosophers were right, the law maker should be the evil one.
That is why I lean to God as being the most evil. Mythically speaking of course.

Regards
DL

[

Satan cant be dead. He was never living to begin with. He has never recieved a body of flesh and blood. That was his punishment for rebellion.

Quite the punishment. A deferred sentence to hell, ----justice delayed is justice denied, ----- and given dominion over the earth and the ability to deceive all of us.

Quite the punishment.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: for your insane and unjust God.

Regards
DL

Mother Teresa-----------------------------------------------------------------------Charles Manson
moral----------------------------------------------------------------------------------immoral
There I just separated good fruit from evil fruit.

We see God through weak human eyes. We try to limit him to our own understanding.
Man is here on earth for a vapor of his eternal life, not unlike a soldier at training camp. We know that God will dispose of Satan in His own time. So we know from that good can and will exist without evil.

And He could have destroyed Lucifer before He created mankind. But If He had, then WE would have no knowledge of:
Mercy
self sacrifice to benefit others
Forgiveness
Repentance
Compassion

God takes evil and uses it for good. Because of Satan we have been taught moral acts. Satan won't always be here, but morality and the other lessons we have been taught will endure.

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

Who is the greatest sinner, Satan or God?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Do you dare by putting Satan above God?

Regards
DL
Being stupid, from satan, practiced by you.

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

Who is the greatest sinner, Satan or God?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Do you dare by putting Satan above God?

Regards
DL

Feed the poor and they'll breed.

Applauding executions

let him die

Voter suppression

My guess is "Republicans".

Forum List

Back