Does Stand Your Ground apply to everybody?

Common sense
You are safer NOT to engage in a shootout

Stand your ground says you just have to feel threatened, whether you are or not
if they are shooting at you you are safer to shoot back than wait to be hit,,,,

no reason to stand your ground if you arent being threatened,,

She says Black men are not allowed to protect themselves the same way Whites are.
it is quite honest on her part to admit that she sees "stand your ground" as an act of protection.
What do you gun lovers here think? Is STAND YOUR GROUND an equal opportunity law?
Where this pertains to black men/citizens you should direct it at white liberals, it will be far more telling.
btw, I am not a gun lover, don't own any and never have

Last edited:
And thank you for introducing the topic here!
I'm down with that, can't be debated enough for me
Fwiw, I'm a Canadian and to us the intent of legalizing murder is crystal clear.

Well you do not have a "for the people" guarantee in canada so the ideology that infects societies like yours require you to see it that way..."us" = fellow travelers

You already told me you live here on long island, you claimed that when you said you do not recall seeing any cars in the 60's and 70's on long island with bumper stickers opposing abortion...meez thinks you are tripping over your falsehoods

Does it? My neice says "No", because the STAND YOUR GROUND law doesn't apply to Black men. She says Black men are not allowed to protect themselves the same way Whites are.
What do you gun lovers here think? Is STAND YOUR GROUND an equal opportunity law?
I think your niece is baiting you....
...in any case the answer to her claim is that you are proud that she reached the conclusion that the law is for protection and that you object to anyone being denied this/that basic right...she should also be commended for wanting to see this law extended to all citizens.

Last edited:
OK

Your turn
Can you show a successful Stand your Ground defense where a black person stood their ground against a white?
Perhaps you could stick to the topic at hand:
"By definition, black people are threatening" - What definition would that be? Threatening to whom?

The STAND YOUR GROUND law was created for scary, wanna be tough Whites to kill Black people. All they have to say is "I thought they were going to hurt me". Think: George Zimmerman. He killed Treyvon Martin and got away with it. His lawyers used the STAND YOUR GROUND defense.

No.....the lawyers did not use Stand Your Ground in that trial.....there was no way to use that defense because Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating his head against the concrete sidewalk...in order to be a Stand Your Ground defense, you have to have the ability to retreat.....Zimmerman did not have that option.

How often does that happen per 100,000 population?

It happened to 15 million innocent men, women and children in Europe.......in just 6 years....

In the U.S....total gun murder for our entire 246 year history?

You guys took guns away from your people...then your governments murdered them......

No.....the lawyers did not use Stand Your Ground in that trial.....there was no way to use that defense because Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating his head against the concrete sidewalk...in order to be a Stand Your Ground defense, you have to have the ability to retreat.....Zimmerman did not have that option.
She's not swayed by facts.

Does it? My neice says "No", because the STAND YOUR GROUND law doesn't apply to Black men. She says Black men are not allowed to protect themselves the same way Whites are.
I'm an equal opportunity Stand Your Grounder.

The easiest way to avoid that circumstance is to

A) Don't break into my home

B) Don't physically attack me

C) Don't physically attack others

These rules apply to all, regardless of race, creed, color, religious belief, gender identity or sexual orientation.

And conversely...you attack a black man, a gay man or Muslim for being black, gay or Muslim...I am going to use the implements at hand to stop you.

Bank on it.

What do you say?
I say my niece is correct. Imagine if George Zimmerman has been a grown Black man who killed a White 17 year old Trevor Martin after following/harrassing him. The Black Mr Zimmerman has his day in court, with the exact same details as the other Zimmerman/Martin case. Does the Black Mr Zimmerman get found NOT GUILTY by the jury? Will the judge allow the Stand Your Ground defense to be used?
I believe the answer to both of these questions is: NO.

No they didn't. You are ignorant. They used the self-defense defense because Martin attacked Zimmerman and was beating him like a drum. There was an independent witness.
Zimmerman should have minded his own business that night. Then he wouldn't have got his butt whipped. One of the first lessons we learn in elementary school is don't start a fight you can't finish.

Zimmerman should have minded his own business that night. Then he wouldn't have got his butt whipped. One of the first lessons we learn in elementary school is don't start a fight you can't finish.
Dead men tell no tales

Zimmerman got to give his version, Travon Martin didn’t

I say my niece is correct.
shocking, did not see that coming :abgg2q.jpg:
Imagine if George Zimmerman has been a grown Black man who killed a White 17 year old Trevor Martin after following/harrassing him. The Black Mr Zimmerman has his day in court, with the exact same details as the other Zimmerman/Martin case. Does the Black Mr Zimmerman get found NOT GUILTY by the jury? Will the judge allow the Stand Your Ground defense to be used?
I don't know, OJ was innocent and the court got that right against all the fury of a white liberal media who tried to bury him alive.
I believe the answer to both of these questions is: NO.
lol, so why invoke your nieces claim if it is your belief as well? Why not just claim this is what you think? Instead you try to play it off. :dunno:

Forum List

Back