Does racism still exist in the USA?

Blacks will always be racists. They think that slavery happened to them.

Not me
You sound more like the Uncle Tom type.

I worry more my bank accounts and credit instead of who is racist. Understand what I mean jelly bean?
So you must hate it that other no-good blacks give you a bad name?

I represent myself
Really? How many times have you defended yourself from charges? And for what?

I worry more my bank accounts and credit instead of who is racist. Understand what I mean jelly bean?

I represent myself

Sniff my balls and call me charles

Racism still exists in this country in many ways including institutionalized racism.

There is no such thing as a post racial society!

People just clearly aren't being educated about it. The biggest problem is that people with privilege get defensive when it is pointed out to them that they benefit from their majority status in society. It is especially a problem in individualistic societies like the US where people like to attribute their successes to their own hard work. So sad.

share your views
Black guy in Detroit broke into a 92 year old white man's house, stole his car, drove to a gas station, got some gas then burned the man alive. So yes racism still exists.

We should burn in to death.

I represent myself

So you're named after a white man?

I represent myself

So you're named after a white man?

Just do it

share your views[/QUOTE]
Black guy in Detroit broke into a 92 year old white man's house, stole his car, drove to a gas station, got some gas then burned the man alive. So yes racism still exists.

We should burn in to death.[/QUOTE]

And.... this is racist how? If you eliminate the color description of the subjects of the story, there is no racism. It could just as easily have been white/black, black/black or white/white. We just don't know. In fact, from the story, the only motivation seems to have been to steal the car, not a racial issue.

I am not some pie in the sky liberal. There are currently differences in the races. Blacks make less money, on average are less educated, are more likely to commit crime, etc. These are all FACTS. However, they are not necessarily due to the individual's race, and are more likely related to culture.

We all need to take a step back and recognize that there are clear differences among the races in this country. They will decrease with time, with intermarrying and the hopeful continuing upward migration of blacks in our society, but for now, there are still cultural and achievement differences.

I think it does, but things are a lot better than they used to be in the old days. I think mostly racism (REAL racism - not people who accuse others of being racists because they don't agree with Pres. Obama!) is something that is more common among older generations of Americans. Some of them were actually brought up and raised during the times of segregation, I think.

Forum List

Back