Does Paul Ryan's Black Ex-Girlfriend Matter?

Why does this matter?

It doesn't matter to me at all. I think the OP was hoping that the lefties would show some racist streak, and they haven't. On that level, the thread is a huge fail.

But then again, I'm reminded of the Karl Rove whisper campaign against McCain, in the South Carolina primary in 2000. That's where he pushed the rumor that McCain's adopted Sri Lankan daughter was a black love child. Considering that McCain was leading Bush in that state, and wound up getting trounced, one must wonder how interracial relationships plays with the fringe right.

Why does this matter?

It doesn't. The whole point of the article which most posters here did not read is to take a back handed swipe at Ryan. Ryan is a conservative, therefore he just has to be a racist. Just like the folks who get challenged and say I can't be racist, I have a friend who is black, the author is making that connection with Ryan. Just because he dated a black girl in college doesn't mean he isn't racist, because it is a well known fact that conservatives are racist by nature. Ryan hasn't talked about his past love life. A liberal blogger has thrown some shit out on the wall to see if it will stick and tried to do it in a veiled way.

Why does this matter?

It doesn't. The whole point of the article which most posters here did not read is to take a back handed swipe at Ryan. Ryan is a conservative, therefore he just has to be a racist. Just like the folks who get challenged and say I can't be racist, I have a friend who is black, the author is making that connection with Ryan. Just because he dated a black girl in college doesn't mean he isn't racist, because it is a well known fact that conservatives are racist by nature. Ryan hasn't talked about his past love life. A liberal blogger has thrown some shit out on the wall to see if it will stick and tried to do it in a veiled way.

I never understood why people are so interested in who these politicians dated or what they did in their bedroom. Even if it came out that Ryan was heavily involved in the BDSM world it honestly wouldnt make me think any more or less of him as a potential VP.

Why does this matter?

It doesn't matter to me at all. I think the OP was hoping that the lefties would show some racist streak, and they haven't. On that level, the thread is a huge fail.

But then again, I'm reminded of the Karl Rove whisper campaign against McCain, in the South Carolina primary in 2000. That's where he pushed the rumor that McCain's adopted Sri Lankan daughter was a black love child. Considering that McCain was leading Bush in that state, and wound up getting trounced, one must wonder how interracial relationships plays with the fringe right.

Did you even read the blog post in the OP written by a liberal? I didn't think so.

Why does this matter?

Did you even read the blog post in the OP written by a liberal? I didn't think so.

Yeah I did. I'm still answering the question asked. The author does make a good point though.

For the record: No, I am not calling Ryan a racist. I am saying, however, that if you want to know where a politician's heart lies when it comes to a particular community, it may be best to look at that person's policies -- such as his or her record on civil rights -- rather than personal relationships.

His example of Strom Thurmond is excellent.

What I am saying is that the right wing would be more inclined to hold having an interracial relationship against someone, as demonstrated by Rove's whisper campaign against McCain, in the 2000 South Carolina primary.

Do you dispute that?

Yeah I did. I'm still answering the question asked. The author does make a good point though.

For the record: No, I am not calling Ryan a racist. I am saying, however, that if you want to know where a politician's heart lies when it comes to a particular community, it may be best to look at that person's policies -- such as his or her record on civil rights -- rather than personal relationships.

What I am saying is that the right wing would be more inclined to hold having an interracial relationship against someone, as demonstrated by Rove's whisper campaign against McCain, in the 2000 South Carolina primary.

Do you dispute that?

Yes, I do. Color matters to liberals far more than conservatives.

Obama split a white oak; Ryan split a black oak. What's the diff?

Romney/Ryan are still playing the southern strategy, which is inherently racist. Ryan's personal relationships don't mean squat compared to scumbag campaign he's now waging.

Do you dispute that?
You mean Strom Thurman the use to be democrat???? To bad he became a Republican..He should have stayed with the other Racists like Byrd in the Democrat party.

Do you dispute that?
You mean Strom Thurman the use to be democrat???? To bad he became a Republican..He should have stayed with the other Racists like Byrd in the Democrat party.

Lincoln was a Republican. Many Southern conservatives throw up in their mouth when they mention his name today. Strom was a conservative. In spite of his doing the right thing with his child's mother and daughter, his policies were always racist. Remember his words in '48 when he broke with the Democrats, after Truman integrated the military?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgH7WgtIU2k]Strom Thurmond's Swimming Pool - YouTube[/ame]

Funny that he invited a "nigra" into his bed.

Obama split a white oak; Ryan split a black oak. What's the diff?

Romney/Ryan are still playing the southern strategy, which is inherently racist. Ryan's personal relationships don't mean squat compared to scumbag campaign he's now waging.

Funny since the southern strategy is a democrat strategy.

That would be a lie.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[5]

heeee heeee heeee robert byrd the grand ommm paaa paaa of the kkk was a democrat.. heeee heee heee.

Forum List

Back