Does money buy elections?

Donald Trump's campaign is still spending remarkably little

It appears that the fat cat Dims outspend their GOP opponents and the results speak for themselves.

Coincidence?

Trump is spending almost nothing.

In down ballot elections, absolutely, yes. People aren't as familiar with the names.

As far as Presidential elections, money=time on media to put forth a narrative. The narrative is what wins elections!

What everyone needs to understand is-----------> no matter what you think personally, the independents elect the President. That doesn't mean that if 60% of the independent vote goes one way, that person will win. It is exactly why you see negative advertising. If one candidate doesn't have a good message or is a horse shit candidate, the way to win is to suppress the other candidates voters because they know they can't steal them. They want them to stay home in disgust.

Usually..........believe it or not...........the independents are more likely to see through this façade, and vote for the better candidate, while the candidates own party voters are the ones who stay home. Ergo, why money wins elections! Sometimes though, a candidate is so bad, all the money in the world will not bring them victory. But when things are close, the candidate who spends the most money, is usually the victor.

You've got to give Duh Donuld credit - He knows his base is uneducated, ignorant and they want to stay that way. He preaches hate and gives them permission to blame others for their own failures and his base sucks it up. He's a one-man hate group and his fans love being lied to.

Much more important, he's so outrageous, he gets press coverage.

Answer to OP - if it didn't, why did the Repubs fight so hard to get Citizens United? When it passed, I said we had seen our last honest election and I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Forum List

Back