Does Islam promote violence?

A guy who knows what he's talking about. If you want to make sense of what's going on, watch this video.

Does Islam promote violence? No, Islam is a religion, it's the people who promote violence. Some parts of Islam are violent, he explains that Buddhists in Nepal are going around slaughtering people, does Buddhism promote violence then?

I'd add that there are more Muslims now who are committing acts of violence in response to what the US has been doing, especially over the last 12 years.

The terrorist have twisted the Koran and their religion to say whatever they want it to say and be whatever they want it to be.

Religion per se don't promote violence but if you have ever read the bible its full of violence as is the Koran.

I agree its a matter of interpertation. If you want to hurt people, you'll find justification for it in your religion. Mother Teresa and Tomas de Torquemada used the same Bible. So we might be looking in the wrong place. Is this a product of Islam? Or a product of Arab culture. Or a product of what's happening n the regions that generate such extremists?

Or a none of the above.

Learn some history------Torquemada was a product of the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE-------Mother Teresa was a product of a very reformed version of the catholic church.

The Holy Roman Empire was largely a German and Austrian creature. By the age of Torquemada's inquisition, it was often called the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation. The Holy Roman Empire had actually lost many of its Italian holdings in this same era with the Vatican fighting and largely winning practical autonomy from the Empire before the inquisition.

While Spain would eventually come into the orbit of the Holy Roman Empire, it wasn't until Torquemada was long dead (Isabella's grandson was actually Holy Roman Emperor). And Spain never became territorial part of the Empire.

The inquisition was the product of the Spanish response to reconquest of the Iberian Peninsula from the Moors. It was used to purge the Moorish influence, shore up the authority of the 'Catholic Monarchs' of Isabella and Ferdinand, and to ensure orthodoxy among converted Jews and Muslims. It has next to nothing to do with the 'Holy Roman Empire'.

Not only are you wrong, your entire point is moot. As the same Bible was used to justify both the Spanish Inquisition and the soup kitchens of Mother Terasa. The difference.....was the interpretation and motive. With the religion interpreted to match the agendas and beliefs of the individuals interpreting it.

Which is my entire point.

Islamic violence is-----in accordance with Islamic ideology----no doubt a
kind of syncresis of theological thought BROUGHT to arabia by persons interested in the SILK ROAD and the indigenous population and culture of arabia. That syncretic ideology follows wherever islam "went" Throat slitting of "non-believers" was introduced to south east asia thru Islamic ideology

The natives of Peru, the Caribbean, Mexico and central America weren't met with snuggles and unicorn kisses from Christianity either. With Christian doctrine adapted to justify the actions taken there.

Which again, demonstrates my point.

A guy who knows what he's talking about. If you want to make sense of what's going on, watch this video.

Does Islam promote violence? No, Islam is a religion, it's the people who promote violence. Some parts of Islam are violent, he explains that Buddhists in Nepal are going around slaughtering people, does Buddhism promote violence then?

I'd add that there are more Muslims now who are committing acts of violence in response to what the US has been doing, especially over the last 12 years.

The terrorist have twisted the Koran and their religion to say whatever they want it to say and be whatever they want it to be.

Religion per se don't promote violence but if you have ever read the bible its full of violence as is the Koran.

I agree its a matter of interpertation. If you want to hurt people, you'll find justification for it in your religion. Mother Teresa and Tomas de Torquemada used the same Bible. So we might be looking in the wrong place. Is this a product of Islam? Or a product of Arab culture. Or a product of what's happening n the regions that generate such extremists?

Or a none of the above.

It's a product of all of the above. Libtards want to debate degrees of nuance. I want to kill our enemies. Allez!

Yeah, but its the nuance where you figure out who your enemies are. And why.

'Kill 'em all and let god sort them out' make good bumpersticker slogans. But its about as elegant an extremist recruiting tool as you can imagine, minting extremists from the rubble of bombed buildings.

who said "kill them ALL"??

Without nuance, how do you tell who your enemies are?

Your enemies are the ones who try to hurt you. All of Islam is not trying to hurt the Christian world, and all of Christianity is not doing the same either.

The outliers are the cause, and to brush them all with the same irosie sauce is stupid.

Or a none of the above.

Learn some history------Torquemada was a product of the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE-------Mother Teresa was a product of a very reformed version of the catholic church.

The Holy Roman Empire was largely a German and Austrian creature. By the age of Torquemada's inquisition, it was often called the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation. The Holy Roman Empire had actually lost many of its Italian holdings in this same era with the Vatican fighting and largely winning practical autonomy from the Empire before the inquisition.

While Spain would eventually come into the orbit of the Holy Roman Empire, it wasn't until Torquemada was long dead (Isabella's grandson was actually Holy Roman Emperor). And Spain never became territorial part of the Empire.

The inquisition was the product of the Spanish response to reconquest of the Iberian Peninsula from the Moors. It was used to purge the Moorish influence, shore up the authority of the 'Catholic Monarchs' of Isabella and Ferdinand, and to ensure orthodoxy among converted Jews and Muslims. It has next to nothing to do with the 'Holy Roman Empire'.

Not only are you wrong, your entire point is moot. As the same Bible was used to justify both the Spanish Inquisition and the soup kitchens of Mother Terasa. The difference.....was the interpretation and motive. With the religion interpreted to match the agendas and beliefs of the individuals interpreting it.

Which is my entire point.

Islamic violence is-----in accordance with Islamic ideology----no doubt a
kind of syncresis of theological thought BROUGHT to arabia by persons interested in the SILK ROAD and the indigenous population and culture of arabia. That syncretic ideology follows wherever islam "went" Throat slitting of "non-believers" was introduced to south east asia thru Islamic ideology

The natives of Peru, the Caribbean, Mexico and central America weren't met with snuggles and unicorn kisses from Christianity either. With Christian doctrine adapted to justify the actions taken there.

Which again, demonstrates my point.

You are very confused-------you seem to be focusing on the fact that what had been
the HOLY ROMAN empire including the Iberian Penninsula------eventually became
focused MORE on the AUSTRIAN HUNGARIAN EMPIRE-----but actually STILL included---not only the Iberian Peninsula but even the British Isles and France.
SPAIN did not invent the INQUISITION. It was a machination of rome----and
the POPE. Isabella was simply a big ENTHUSIAST, Pious lady that she was
she facilitated its increasingly barbaric manifestations -----that's all--------sorta like
in manner of an HYSTERICALLY RELIGIOUS slut. She did her job extra well.
You have demonstrated the fact that you are slightly befuddled--South America
was HARD HIT by the SPANISH interpretation of the beauty of the INQUISITION-
but the inquisition itself was OF ROME although ROME itself never did it so GOOD as did Spain

Your enemies are the ones who try to hurt you. All of Islam is not trying to hurt the Christian world, and all of Christianity is not doing the same either.

The outliers are the cause, and to brush them all with the same irosie sauce is stupid.

Jake lies again------at no time did I suggest that ALL MUSLIMS are out to slit throats--------however anyone who imagines that ----institutional islam is actually friendly towards----
Christians, hindus, jews , Buddhists or Klingons-----IN GENERAL in any land has
never interacted with muslims or visited mosques. I wonder what "ALL OF ISLAM"
means

View attachment 54975
A typical "Modern Day" Christian. How soon they forget.

You'd be wise to study history, Hitler left the Church and the Nazis considered the party their religion. Party first over all things

He never left the Church. That's bullshit.

The Nazis and the Pope were quite comfortable.

piusHitler.JPG

View attachment 54975

You'd be wise to study history, Hitler left the Church and the Nazis considered the party their religion. Party first over all things

View attachment 54984

You're wrong...but that's nothing new

adolf never formerly declared himself "not catholic" nor was he excommunicated. Magda Goebbels was ------kinda pious. I would
agree that Adolf did not really consider himself a catholic-----Pius did not
excommunicate him for POLITICAL REASONS

I am familiar with the "so called incident"-----and the claim that economic sanctions resulted in the DEATH BY STARVATION AND SICKNESS of half a million Iraqi children--------the claim was never verified or documented IN ANY WAY. You got some pictures of emaciated starving Iraqi children? there were plenty of pictures of dying of starvation BIAFRAN children-----way back Circa 1970. There were plenty of pictures of Kurdish dead kids rotting in the sun------murdered by Saddam

In the video did you AT ANY TIME see the Secretary of State deny the deaths of the Iraqi children.......

View attachment 54975

View attachment 54984

adolf never formerly declared himself "not catholic" nor was he excommunicated. Magda Goebbels was ------kinda pious. I would

In the Nazi party religion was secondary, above all loyalty to party was mandatory. The Nazis never aligned themselves with any religion.

View attachment 54975

View attachment 54984

In the Nazi party religion was secondary, above all loyalty to party was mandatory. The Nazis never aligned themselves with any religion.

not entirely true-------the Nazi party claimed itself to be "Christian" although
it is clear they really preferred THOR

View attachment 54975
Christians killed that motherfucker...I don't see Muslims killing the supreme leader of Iran. GFY.

nope-----he killed himself and he still has adoring followers. Assad also has adoring followers.
Cmon Rosie...why did he kill himself? Cause the Christians were about to eat his ass.

actually no-------the COMMUNISTS were about to eat his ass

View attachment 54984

not entirely true-------the Nazi party claimed itself to be "Christian" although

The Nazi party claimed anything to promote the party. They never aligned with any religion. That's just fact

View attachment 54984

The Nazi party claimed anything to promote the party. They never aligned with any religion. That's just fact

It absolutely is not. Were that the case? They would not have killed the Jews. That has been a project of Christian Europe for many years. The Nazis were just a logical progression in that endeavor.

View attachment 54975
Christians killed that motherfucker...I don't see Muslims killing the supreme leader of Iran. GFY.

nope-----he killed himself and he still has adoring followers. Assad also has adoring followers.
Cmon Rosie...why did he kill himself? Cause the Christians were about to eat his ass.

actually no-------the COMMUNISTS were about to eat his ass
Oh...I didn't know the communists won the war.

It absolutely is not. Were that the case? They would not have killed the Jews. That has been a project of Christian Europe for many years. The Nazis were just a logical progression in that endeavor.

If they were Christians they wouldn't have killed 6 million Jews. The party came first, foremost and above all else. Religion wasn't even secondary in the Nazi party

Good video, thanks. The woman was a bit thick.

Forum List

Back