Does Iran Want War?

Dr Grump said:
Whole different kettle of fish....

Again, perhaps ...... Naturally, I would be prepared for the worst just as we were in Iraq, an dif it's a cakewalk, that's just gravy.

I don't think invading Iran is the answer anyway. I lean toward blowing Iran off the map, and for once, NOT fixing what we blow up. Just blow it up and tell them to fix it themselves ifthey want it fixed, and if they get pissy again we'll blow them up again.

Simple but effective.

USMCDevilDog said:
I would love to just have the Air Force and Navy demolish Iran from afar and laugh at them with pointed fingers when they realize what kinda shit they got into.

Either way, when it all boils down, World War 3 is probably gonna happen in atleast my lifetime. All this "Anti-America/Democracy" and "Kill all infidel" shit is getting outta hand and it will only be a matter of time until some leader can round up a strong enough army or whatever to cause a major war. Plus we got N. Korea and China ready to hit the U.S.

I kinda think that the U.S. gov't is forgetting that with great power, comes great responsibility and as the greatest world power, we're all the most hated...

My opinion and experience is that most of the world doesnt hate us. Unless one travels and actually talks to foreigners, you will only get the distorted MSM view. Envy is much more common. Dont forget, more people still try to emigrate here than all the rest of the countries of the world put together.
One common misconception by many non Americans is that we have what we have only because we are lucky, not that we work hard for it. One reason for that perception is many third world countries govts are so corrupt, the poor people have ZERO chance of working their way out of poverty.
Taxi drivers in the philippines make $50-100 a week. And thats one of the better paying jobs. People get college degrees and work at mcdonals, IF they are lucky. They believe it was just the luck of the draw that we dont have courrupt govt.

Dr Grump said:
Yeah it would. As I said, Iran is a whole different kettle of fish to Iraq.

It would take nukes to obliterate Iran. It would not take nukes to get Iran's attention. It would not take nukes to blow anything closely resembling a nuclear facility off the map. Matter of fact, a bunker buster would be a far more effective weapon against facilities that are surely hidden underground.

As I said, hot air and empty rhetoric.

Hezbollah is "hot air and empty rhetoric?" For hot air and empty rhetoric they sure have an impressive bodycount against noncombatants, AND currently control a nation. Hezbollah is primarily and directly supported by the Iranian government.

Semper Fi said:
Any country using nukes would pitch the world against them, us included. It would just take an overwhelming shock and awe campaign from 30,000 and naval barrages for 48 hours straight for them to give up. just watch. The American military is a machine that can destroy a whole lot more than was demonstrated in Iraq, without even splitting an atom.

NEVER understimate your enemy.

Unlike Iraq's secular government, the Iranian government and people are religious fanatics; which, could make them a thousand times more dangerous. When Iraq was at war with Iran, Iranians attacked Saddam's military forces with human waves, some armed only with farm tools.

The joker in the deck are the people within Iran that want to be free of their government. One would think they would put wanting to be free of their despotic government first.

Unfortunately, no matter what they think of their own government, they've been brainwashed to distrust and hate the West and especially the US since birth.

More than likely, they would show National solidarity even if it goes against their best interests.

Semper Fi said:
I believe Iraq was/is a success, let me just get that on the table. However, things could have been better. For instance, locals were allowed to keep one rifle per male in their home. It doesnt matter if its one rifle or 100 rifles, it's still bullets to fly.

My solution is outlawing weapons in Iran, after we invade, provided that it will involve boots on the ground. Failproof plan. If someone has a rifle or a weapon they die, that takes care of three things: 1 less Muslim in the world, 1 more living soldier, and no more "is he a threat?" cases.

Because the focus on Iran wouldn't be to topple the government and hold their hands for a while, I would say boots on the ground would not be necessary. Bombers and fighters 30,000 feet and US warships lining the coast is the best medicine for Iran. I'm not talking wimpy stuff, either.

The Muslim people, I have been told, respect power. That is what our military is. If we show them the full force what the US Navy and Air Force have to offer, the odds of them backing down would be far greater than just hitting select targets with smart bombs.

Iran's government will not back down. As Bonnie has already stated, their current leader has been taunting the Western World. If he doesn't back down; which, at this time is unlikely, there WILL be military action against Iraq.

GunnyL said:
Iran's government will not back down. As Bonnie has already stated, their current leader has been taunting the Western World. If he doesn't back down; which, at this time is unlikely, there WILL be military action against Iraq.

Did you mean Iran? Irrelevant, but when do you think that would be? A month, a year, 5 years, 10 years? Who, if any, would our allies be? Would there be national or even global support for the action?

Semper Fi said:
Did you mean Iran? Irrelevant, but when do you think that would be? A month, a year, 5 years, 10 years? Who, if any, would our allies be? Would there be national or even global support for the action?

If we wait for the UN probably closer to fifteen years or when they nuke Israel, at which point most people are going to wish the U.S had done something to stop it. If other leaders are smart, (and most of them in Europe are not) they would stand firm with us, but so far Im not seeing much. China and Russia have hung us out to dry on this. Most likely our only real ally would be GB.

Semper Fi said:

I meant Iran.

And again, I agree with Bonnie. WHO is going to side with us besides Britain? The Europe that let Hitler engulf it before they decided they'd been had? Obviously they didn't figure out appeasement and pretended ignorance doesn't work.

They're always willing to do too little too late. I don't even know why we are still allied to such losers. Cold War's over. Time to redefine our "friendships" with the world.

And for two Nations within striking distance of Iran, Russia's and China's actions are just stupid. It's that same old France mentality: "If we kiss their asses they won't come after us." Yeah, until they're done using them to get us. Divide and conquer STILL works like a charm.

GunnyL said:
I meant Iran.

And again, I agree with Bonnie. WHO is going to side with us besides Britain? The Europe that let Hitler engulf it before they decided they'd been had? Obviously they didn't figure out appeasement and pretended ignorance doesn't work.

They're always willing to do too little too late. I don't even know why we are still allied to such losers. Cold War's over. Time to redefine our "friendships" with the world.

And for two Nations within striking distance of Iran, Russia's and China's actions are just stupid. It's that same old France mentality: "If we kiss their asses they won't come after us." Yeah, until they're done using them to get us. Divide and conquer STILL works like a charm.

In what way are China and Russia's actions stupid? I mean what have they done/not done to be dubbed that?

GunnyL said:
Hezbollah is "hot air and empty rhetoric?" For hot air and empty rhetoric they sure have an impressive bodycount against noncombatants, AND currently control a nation. Hezbollah is primarily and directly supported by the Iranian government.

Which has what to do with the United States?

GunnyL said:
Again, perhaps ...... Naturally, I would be prepared for the worst just as we were in Iraq, an dif it's a cakewalk, that's just gravy.

I don't think invading Iran is the answer anyway. I lean toward blowing Iran off the map, and for once, NOT fixing what we blow up. Just blow it up and tell them to fix it themselves ifthey want it fixed, and if they get pissy again we'll blow them up again.

Simple but effective.

Yeah, but why blow it off the map? I don't understand the rationale? There are literally 10s of millions of Iranians who do not have any time for their current admin, plus I don't see them as any type of world threat. Hell, I don't even see them as a regional threat. They have invaded nobody, have no intention of doing so, and in fact rarely step outside of their borders. You are right re Hizbollah, but that is an ME problem, not a United States problem. None of America's business IMO...

Dr Grump said:
Yeah, but why blow it off the map? I don't understand the rationale? There are literally 10s of millions of Iranians who do not have any time for their current admin, plus I don't see them as any type of world threat. Hell, I don't even see them as a regional threat. They have invaded nobody, have no intention of doing so, and in fact rarely step outside of their borders. You are right re Hizbollah, but that is an ME problem, not a United States problem. None of America's business IMO...

They have vowed to destroy one of our Allies, that's when it becomes our problem. They may not be a big threat now, but give them a while until they get their nukes, then maybe you'll wish we'd have done something.

History repeats itself. Israel might just send and F16 to Iran with the intent to destory their reactor. They did it to Iraq and had no shame.

Semper Fi said:
They have vowed to destroy one of our Allies, that's when it becomes our problem. They may not be a big threat now, but give them a while until they get their nukes, then maybe you'll wish we'd have done something.

History repeats itself. Israel might just send and F16 to Iran with the intent to destory their reactor. They did it to Iraq and had no shame.

That's why it is Israel's problem. No Arab/Persian country has ever taken on Israel and won. Can't see it happening in the near future either. Why would they want to be a threat. I think they just want to be left alone....

Dr Grump said:
That's why it is Israel's problem. No Arab/Persian country has ever taken on Israel and won. Can't see it happening in the near future either. Why would they want to be a threat. I think they just want to be left alone....

Of course that's what they want! Who wants to get their ass kicked? It's up to us and our allies to ensure that they *aren't* left alone. :firing:

IMO America has been the ONLY country that actually attacks a country before it can hurt one our allies. What's wrong with that? If Iran poses a threat to one of our allies or ourselves then we need to take them down ASAP.

Personally, when people say that the U.S. is the "World Police", I agree with them, and I'm damn proud of it. I am proud to be apart of a country that people look to for help and that are hated by sons of bitches who don't deserve to live! OORAH to America! I'm all for some ass kicking in Iran or any other country that fucks with us or our allies!

Dr Grump said:
If Iran wants to be "left alone" they have a funny way of showing it. Announcing to the world you have enriched uranium for the first time is the best way to insure the opposite.

BATMAN said:
If Iran wants to be "left alone" they have a funny way of showing it. Announcing to the world you have enriched uranium for the first time is the best way to insure the opposite.

Well, they are a while away from having enriched uranium that can be turned into a bomb. But no nation likes to be threatened and told what to do. And in these volatile times in the ME, the Muslims need a hero of sorts, even if it is a shi'ite one..

Forum List

Back