Does "honey" come from "bears"?

R

rdean

'Food Revolution': Inside Jamie Oliver's Food Fight With L.A. Schools - Speakeasy - WSJ

Just watched Jamie Oliver in a room full of 17 year olds.

He asked questions about food and held up cards with pictures:

Where does honey come from?
A. Bears
B. Honey bees
C. Honey dew melons.

Yep ----> bears

Where does guacamole come from?
A. Apples
B. Avocados
C. Broccoli

A. Apples

Where does cheese come from?
A. Cows
B. Macaroni
C. I forgot

Answer? B.

Finally, where does chocolate come from?
A. Cocoa beans
B. Nuts
C. Pumped from a lake of chocolate

You guessed it, "Chocolate is pumped from a lake of chocolate".

The funny part was after the guacamole question, he asked the kid who said "apples", "Are you Mexican"? The kid said yes. He told the kid that the kids grandmother would slap that kid silly.

He didn't make fun of the kids, but he did say afterwards that school has a very high academic standard but he would expect those answers to come from 5 year olds, not 17 year old young adults. He said that you couldn't expect people with those answers to eat right.

I blame Stan and Jan.

big1.jpg

Ever watch the late night shows where they go out on street corners with microphones and ask questions of passersby? It's embarassing to know that today's youth will be ruling soon.

When I was working retail about 6 years ago, a young lady came in the store with her mom. Mom and I started chatting as I rang up their purchases and a song came on the radio. I said to her mom "I love John Lennon" and Mom agreed. The daughter (college kid) asked "who is john lennon?"

Her mom was shocked. I rolled my eyes.

'Food Revolution': Inside Jamie Oliver's Food Fight With L.A. Schools - Speakeasy - WSJ

A. Bears
B. Honey bees
C. Honey dew melons.

Yep ----> bears

A. Apples
B. Avocados
C. Broccoli

A. Apples

A. Cows
B. Macaroni
C. I forgot

Answer? B.

A. Cocoa beans
B. Nuts

The funny part was after the guacamole question, he asked the kid who said "apples", "Are you Mexican"? The kid said yes. He told the kid that the kids grandmother would slap that kid silly.

He didn't make fun of the kids, but he did say afterwards that school has a very high academic standard but he would expect those answers to come from 5 year olds, not 17 year old young adults. He said that you couldn't expect people with those answers to eat right.

This ignorance falls squarely on the PARENTS.

The thing i found most interesting is that it is the UNIONS who are pissed off about his wanting to improve the nutrition of the students in LA. The fucking unions.

A. Bears
B. Honey bees
C. Honey dew melons.

Yep ----> bears

A. Apples
B. Avocados
C. Broccoli

A. Apples

A. Cows
B. Macaroni
C. I forgot

Answer? B.

A. Cocoa beans
B. Nuts

None of that is in the link.

You smoking a doobie again rdean?

I had lunch with my kid at school and noticed how no one was eating their peas. I offered each one of those little shits a dollar if they ate their peas. No takers. And that was almost 20 years ago.

A. Bears
B. Honey bees
C. Honey dew melons.

Yep ----> bears

A. Apples
B. Avocados
C. Broccoli

A. Apples

A. Cows
B. Macaroni
C. I forgot

Answer? B.

A. Cocoa beans
B. Nuts

None of that is in the link.

You smoking a doobie again rdean?

I watched in on TV. What can I say? It's a lot to "make up".

A. Bears
B. Honey bees
C. Honey dew melons.

Yep ----> bears

A. Apples
B. Avocados
C. Broccoli

A. Apples

A. Cows
B. Macaroni
C. I forgot

Answer? B.

A. Cocoa beans
B. Nuts

You are absolutely right, they should put Republicans in charge of public schools. There is no way on Earth that any student who had gone to a private Christian school their whole life would get any of those questions wrong.

:razz:

I watched in on TV. What can I say? It's a lot to "make up".

no different then the other bullshit you make up.......when Oliver was there this was shown on a few of the news channels and it was said that since he was asking grade school questions to HS kids, the HS school kids were "Fucking" with him.....some said they felt because they were Mexicans....this guy thought they were stupid....so they gave him some stupid back....

Forum List

Back