Does Anyone Know Who Actually Wrote The ACA Law ?

well......., do you ?

It was written in 1989 by the Heritage Foundation, the world's leading Rightwing Think Tank. Bob Dole eventually offered it as an alternative to HillaryCare.

Proof please.

DYK - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is a wordier read than the Affordable Care Act?

Believing anything-----anything the 2012 Republican candidate for president had/has to say presupposes a leap of faith but-----but if we're to believe the 2012 Republican candidate for president then -- ROMNEY: Actually, Newt, we got the idea of an individual mandate from you.

This came up at Tuesday’s Western Republican Leadership Conference Debate, where Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich tussled on the question:
ROMNEY: Actually, Newt, we got the idea of an individual mandate from you.

GINGRICH: That’s not true. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: Yes, we got it from you, and you got it from the Heritage Foundation and from you.

GINGRICH: Wait a second. What you just said is not true. You did not get that from me. You got it from the Heritage Foundation.

ROMNEY: And you never supported them?

GINGRICH: I agree with them, but I’m just saying, what you said to this audience just now plain wasn’t true.

(CROSSTALK)

ROMNEY: OK. Let me ask, have you supported in the past an individual mandate?

GINGRICH: I absolutely did with the Heritage Foundation against Hillarycare.

ROMNEY: You did support an individual mandate?

ROMNEY: Oh, OK. That’s what I’m saying. We got the idea from you and the Heritage Foundation.

GINGRICH: OK. A little broader.

ROMNEY: OK.
Does Mitt and/or Newt's word-for-it qualify as proof?

Forum List

Back