Does anyone know of any states leaving the union?

Seriously.. Enough with the Hysteria/Drama/Exaggeration...

Even if you did have the Chance you wouldn't leave the Union.. And you know that yourself..

Second thing.. I think most people on here need to calm down a bit..
While i didn't agree 100% completely with this bill (hopefully nobody has) some Good has come out..

Nobody will be Denied Coverage because of Pre-Existing Conditions.

But still don't like the special interests and Pork in this bill..

Yeah.. i'm gonna get some Righties on here start going on nuts on me.. Go ahead. ;)

Well they could always move to Canada, they don't have Universal Health Ca-OWAI. :eek:

Well there's always Europ-OWAI.

Or Costa Ric-OWAI.

Well, there's always North Korea and Iran. :lol:

Greece is going bankrupt and selling their islands...

Greece might be a good place to live. :eusa_whistle:

First, how does preventing insurance companies from restricting people with pre-existing conditions lower premiums? Common sense dictates when you have no choice but to take someone who is going to be losing you money, that you are going to jack the premiums. Heck, they might have an easier time paying for treatment themselves than dealing with the insurance premiums after this.

Second, do you honestly think the American people are stupid? You think we don't realize this is a stepping stone toward your complete control over health care? I mean it's not like we don't have dozens of Democrats announcing that it is. Nor is it difficult to see that the current plan is going to purposely put insurance companies out of business by raising rates so that they can come back in a few years and be like "Looks like we need to control health care because clearly the private sector cant handle it".

The American people aren't stupid. They didn't want this bill even without the "public option." The fact that they ignored the people and still passed this is not going to be forgotten by the public.

Third, no matter how many times you argue that Republicans have had no ideas, it's not true. Pretending the points don't exist makes your argument pretty pathetic.

1.) What I bolded, explain that to the Republicans.

2.) My complete take over of Health Care? When did I become Ruler of the U.S and not informed? :eusa_eh:

If the people feel they are ignored, they can vote out the Dems in November.

3.) Here's what I heard repeated by 95% of Republicans: Tort Reform and Interstate Competition. Tort Reform as conducted by non-partisan studies would fix a mere 2% of the problem. Interstate Competition is a race to the bottom in terms of regulations. Neither are true reform alone or together.

Try again.

Nice try. Epic fail. It takes away the personal liberty of ALL to choose their own healthcare.

Getting rid of the Pre-Existing Condition issue? Or the Bill itself? I never said I was happy with the bill, I said if there is one thing to be happy about it.

I see. So getting shot through the knee would be okay because after all, you're still alive.

Nice logic, junior.:cuckoo:

Perhaps we at USMB can start a "Get out of the USA" fund for those who want to secede. They can go take over an island and start their own country.

I'll chip in $20. :lol:

I see. So getting shot through the knee would be okay because after all, you're still alive.

Nice logic, junior.:cuckoo:

Actually. I look at it as you're going to get shot through the knee either way, but thankfully you're alive.

Perhaps we at USMB can start a "Get out of the USA" fund for those who want to secede. They can go take over an island and start their own country.

Y'know what? When all of this starts affecting you on a personal level (you know - where you have a job, pay taxes, own a home, must provide your own insurance, live on your own, etc.) your tune will likely change.

Y'know what? When all of this starts affecting you on a personal level (you know - where you have a job, pay taxes, own a home, must provide your own insurance, live on your own, etc.) your tune will likely change.

yeah, like when people get sick and they do not have to take the GOP road of bankruptcy, which btw the GOP tried to stop people from being able to do, when people get sick and get the care they need and do not have to die poor and in the golden streets of America?

It's stupid to even think to leave the Union..

I've stated before on here in a different thread that, if it indeed passed it isn't the end of the world..

The only good thing about the HC Bill in my Opinion is the Pre-Existing Condition issue..

Not to mention No Public Option..

No Public Option takes away any weapon by the Republicans that this will take over 1/6th of the economy. The Republicans also complain about higher premiums due to Pre-existing conditions being taken away but in the same breath say they want to get rid of them with no solution to keep the premiums lowered.

If it is one thing that I am happy about this bill for, it's getting rid of the Pre-Existing Condition issue.

First, how does preventing insurance companies from restricting people with pre-existing conditions lower premiums? Common sense dictates when you have no choice but to take someone who is going to be losing you money, that you are going to jack the premiums. Heck, they might have an easier time paying for treatment themselves than dealing with the insurance premiums after this.

Second, do you honestly think the American people are stupid? You think we don't realize this is a stepping stone toward your complete control over health care? I mean it's not like we don't have dozens of Democrats announcing that it is. Nor is it difficult to see that the current plan is going to purposely put insurance companies out of business by raising rates so that they can come back in a few years and be like "Looks like we need to control health care because clearly the private sector cant handle it".

The American people aren't stupid. They didn't want this bill even without the "public option." The fact that they ignored the people and still passed this is not going to be forgotten by the public.

Third, no matter how many times you argue that Republicans have had no ideas, it's not true. Pretending the points don't exist makes your argument pretty pathetic.

I agree with a lot of what you said here but I wish that we can make the argument that business has a right to conduct its affairs as it wishes. I know it sucks when they don't give us free stuff but that is a choice people have in their own lives. Its says a much about our modern society that we can't make a basic argument about someone's freedom as the stand alone point for that argument. We have to come up with why this aspect of our freedom has a better outcome.

Do we have to say that free speech has a better outcome for society in order to keep it?

Rush said if this passes..."I'm leaving the country" and he was talking about leaving...not seeking med care. he slipped up, and now he will spin. Bagged!

Rush said if this passes..."I'm leaving the country" and he was talking about leaving...not seeking med care. he slipped up, and now he will spin. Bagged!

Dante your source is a little too late..

Read again, he corrected his statement.

NOT Moving, he'd go there for Care.

yeah, like when people get sick and they do not have to take the GOP road of bankruptcy, which btw the GOP tried to stop people from being able to do, when people get sick and get the care they need and do not have to die poor and in the golden streets of America?

No one here is obligated to pay for someone else. Its tragic when people lose everything they have in life because of XYZ but are we morally obligated to make up for that?

Yes, because having to pay taxes will justify wanting to go straight to the ammo box if I happen to lose at the ballox box. :eusa_eh:

People who want to secede from the Union happens during every Administration. I remember the leftists who said they were going to leave under the Bush Administration and they're still here. Just like the Republicans will be as long as Obama's in office.

If people are dissatisfied with this Congress and the President, they can show it in less than 10 months. There is no justification for seceding that is being put forth by some people on this board.

If anyone would like to start a movement in a state somewhere or knows of anyone that already exist please list them.

With a little help we could get Texas to secede from the union. Then OK,AK,AR,KS,MO,TN,KY,GA,WV,MS,AL,SC,NE,WY,MT,ID would all follow suit. The jobs would flow to those states that secede.

Dante your source is a little too late..

Read again, he corrected his statement.

NOT Moving, he'd go there for Care.

I'm sure he did. When he talks off the top of his head, and says what he means...he usually has to back track.

no big deal. except it's hilarious to see the ditto heads come to his defense

:eusa_whistle:

No one here is obligated to pay for someone else. Its tragic when people lose everything they have in life because of XYZ but are we morally obligated to make up for that?
Kill for profit insurance.

FRONTLINE: sick around the world: five capitalist democracies & how they do it | PBS

If anyone would like to start a movement in a state somewhere or knows of anyone that already exist please list them.

That would mean assuming there is no other recourse possible for the majority to remedy what the traitors did tonight -and that isn't true.

Forum List

Back