Does anyone get into the All-Star home run derby?

Couldn't care less.
Same for the all star games.
Look what happened to Jose Altuve,he missed a lot of games from an injury sustained in a meaningless game.
Same with the NFL. Why would anyone want to watch a game that has no meaning and the players dont play to win?
I can barely stand the preseason but it at least serves a purpose.

Couldn't care less.
Same for the all star games.
Look what happened to Jose Altuve,he missed a lot of games from an injury sustained in a meaningless game.
Same with the NFL. Why would anyone want to watch a game that has no meaning and the players dont play to win?
I can barely stand the preseason but it at least serves a purpose.
The Pro bowl and the NBA all-star game are already largely ignored, the MLB all-star game will probably fade as well.

I am sort of a baseball fan, but the All-Star Game was a stupid idea from when it was first implemented, and recent treatment of it has turned it into a complete fiasco.

Neither team is trying to win. The managers run the teams like a T-ball game...everybody gets in.

The teams should be chosen by the PLAYERS, Managers, and Coaches. Twelve position players and six pitchers, that's it. The goal should be to have three pitchers each go once through the opposing batting order, at least (unless knocked out).

Winning should be incentivized in some meaningful way. Maybe have each team choose a charity, and the winning team wins a donation for that charity that is twice as big as the losing team.

I do watch it every year. An automatic pitching machine would iron out the inconsistencies in having human throwers, even though each participant is allowed his own thrower.

Big crowds showed up for both. I agree a pitching machine would be best. All-star games are fun to watch the players will steal bases and take chances when in a regular game they wouldn't. I agree it should be played after the world series.

I don't watch pro baseball any more.

Only exception is that a couple of the boys that played with my son growing up made it to the show, so I watch them whenever I can.

Forum List

Back