Does anybody care about the Trump Deficit.

Is anyone going to inform the OP about the difference between the Debt and the Deficit?
I guess you think that Trump's deficits are sustainable and we should just keep on increasing them at 150+% percent rates until they are $20 Trillion each year, which is the pace that Trump has us on.
I was correct. You do not know the difference between them.

BTW, I am one of the few people here to go after Trump for spending (deficits). Unlike the Democrats who ignore spending (deficits) when they are in charge, and whine like little bitches when Repulican's spend (Deficits).

All during the Obama administration, the progressive and democrat fluffed off the excessive spending (deficit) saying it was sustainable. It wasn't until austerity measures forced by the republican's partial shutdown of the government over a period of two years that brought spending (deficits) down.

Meanwhile, the 10 trillion dollar debt accumulated by ALL the presidents going back to the beginning of government debt was dwarfed by the addition of another 10 trillion dollars to the debt through the Porkulus package set up by Bush and implemented by Obama.

We CANNOT continue to spend 1.2t dollars (deficit) over the amount of taxes we collect.

So, the solution is to prioritize spending and eliminate that which is not specifically stated in the Constitution.

Get back to Me when you learn the difference between debt and deficit.

There was never a "surplus" under Bill "drop trou" Clinton because the national debt of USA.INC can never be paid off because every Federal Reserve note borrowed into existence has interest attached to it. That is why this fiat currency system has to expand exponentially in order to service the debt created by credit extension of a central bank that has an empty vault. The ONLY time America was debt free was under President Jackson that refused to renew the charter of the central bank owned by European bankers. You should know this stuff before you go shooting off at the mouth.

Consider yourself "schooled".

Debt causes recessions. Too much debt of some form causes most recessions.

Trump inherited ~$500 B/yr deficit and has run that to $1.2+ T/yr. Massive increase.

We have gotten a nice pop from it (democrats can learn something from that), but in the end it is just a US government debt fueled pop that is unsustainable.

Is it that republicans are just uninformed, uneducated, niave, or don't care about the massive increase in government debt.

Question can we run a country like this increasing the annual deficits by 150% a year and expect to have a country in 10-20 years???

Now we see how Bush took a budget surplus and turned it into a financial meltdown.

I ask Trump supporters this:

Do you think it is OK to increase the annual budget deficit from $500B to $1.2T+

Don’t money bills originate in the House?

Yes, it bothers me, and Trump previously said he wouldn't sign another huge spending Bill from CONGRESS. However, if he doesn't sign it, the Democrats and MEDIA solely BLAME HIM for "shutting down the government".

So, what battles should he pick? He knows he won't win this one right now. Progressives (Democrats) and the Media had NO problem with Obama's huge spending, and huge DEBT. His multiple Trillion dollar payments to UNIONS and cronies called a "Stimulus" were anything but.

Yes, it bothers me, and Trump previously said he wouldn't sign another huge spending Bill from CONGRESS. However, if he doesn't sign it, the Democrats and MEDIA solely BLAME HIM for "shutting down the government".

So, what battles should he pick? He knows he won't win this one right now. Progressives (Democrats) and the Media had NO problem with Obama's huge spending, and huge DEBT. His multiple Trillion dollar payments to UNIONS and cronies called a "Stimulus" were anything but.

I think there's plenty of areas to find cuts all the same. At least Trump is talking about cuts in the second term; but I think that's probably virtue signaling to the base. Word came out he did no new wall building either.

I think there's plenty of areas to find cuts all the same. At least Trump is talking about cuts in the second term; but I think that's probably virtue signaling to the base. Word came out he did no new wall building either.

Yes, he is just virtue signaling to his base, but he does have more leverage second term as he does not have to worry about re-election. However, without the House, Congress can't pass any spending cut bills, and the Republicans sometimes talk a good game but rarely do anything.

Let's face it. BOTH parties like spending and bigger government. It gives them more power, and more wealth. Fiscal Conservatism is DEAD. We will have to live with more deficits, and more DEBT. At some point it will become unsustainable.

There was never a "surplus" under Bill "drop trou" Clinton because the national debt of USA.INC can never be paid off because every Federal Reserve note borrowed into existence has interest attached to it. That is why this fiat currency system has to expand exponentially in order to service the debt created by credit extension of a central bank that has an empty vault. The ONLY time America was debt free was under President Jackson that refused to renew the charter of the central bank owned by European bankers. You should know this stuff before you go shooting off at the mouth.

Consider yourself "schooled".

the national debt of USA.INC can never be paid off because every Federal Reserve note borrowed into existence has interest attached to it.

What makes you feel FRNs are borrowed into existence? Who borrows FRNs?
I have FRNs with no interest attached. How did I manage that?

Going to take time to rebuild the tax base after so many decades of off-shoring productivity. Allowing immigration to balloon the population from some 200 million to 340 million, mostly uneducated and unproductive foreigners also strains infrastructure and bankrupts social safety nets. Why right and left wing pols both want to give massive tax breaks to unearned income while jacking them up on earned income is the question. Tariffs only brought in some $41 billion in 2018; that source needs to increase several times over.

The GOP tax cuts have added hundreds of billions to the deficit.

"Hundreds of Billions" OMG - that would last this government almost three hours.

Seriously - the national debt has skyrocketed but as Regan said "we owe it to ourselves". Anyway - the best way to clear away national debt is not by raising taxes on the wealthy (that would also bring in 100s of Billions), but to grow the national tax base by getting more people employed and getting the economy rolling.

It is sad to say that Trump was right that NAFTA and the TPP were both horrible ideas that sent jobs overseas. Jobs are what this country needs to solve the debt - not more taxes. Cutting back on freebies would not hurt either. As someone said, the progressives now want to just print money and give it away. That is the true road to ruin.

We have a system that works because we honor our debt, we track it and we have taken steps to reduce it (do you recall words "Normalization" coming up in any Fed speak lately?) They paid back several trillions of dollars, but then they decided the economy was slowing down as a result, so now they are talking about cuttung rates again.

Trump inherited ~$500 B/yr deficit and has run that to $1.2+ T/yr. Massive increase.

We have gotten a nice pop from it (democrats can learn something from that), but in the end it is just a US government debt fueled pop that is unsustainable.

Is it that republicans are just uninformed, uneducated, niave, or don't care about the massive increase in government debt.

Question can we run a country like this increasing the annual deficits by 150% a year and expect to have a country in 10-20 years???

Now we see how Bush took a budget surplus and turned it into a financial meltdown.

Do you think it is OK to increase the annual budget deficit from $500B to $1.2T+

Republicans always piss, bitch, and moan that deficits are evil; blah, blah, blah, but only when the DemonRats are forcing up deficits. Now that Trump is setting record after record deficit all of a sudden deficits NO LONGER MATTER.

When the power once again shifts in DC, Republicans will once again scream, "DEFICITS!!!"

Always cared about the deficit and didn’t care which party was in power. The corporate establishment does not care about reducing deficits and dealing with the debt. Neither party is going to do more than quibble over spending. It makes for great campaign rhetoric....

/—-/ The debt belongs to Congress, not the president. You big dope.

Republicans always piss, bitch, and moan that deficits are evil; blah, blah, blah, but only when the DemonRats are forcing up deficits. Now that Trump is setting record after record deficit all of a sudden deficits NO LONGER MATTER.

When the power once again shifts in DC, Republicans will once again scream, "DEFICITS!!!"

Now that Trump is setting record after record deficit

What are you mewling about?
Obama's 2009, 2010 and 2011 deficits are the records.

Forum List

Back