Does any have or know where to find demographics information for the occupied territories?

abi Your racism stinks, what You look for tells much more about You than Israel.
Attacking me as racist for illuminating a racist culture is zionist idiocy. Why would a racist be speaking out against a racist culture? How do you even twist your mind like that? Does it hurt?

I'm not attacking You, simply pointing out to the racism in Your argumentation.
You attempted to classify people by race and color.

Last edited:
Any racism that is on me pales in comparison to the systemic racism in Israel perpetrated by the whiter Jews against the darker Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. You, defending this, makes you no different than those who opposed civil rights here in the 50s and 60s.

Despite this, the racism against Mizrahi Jews – or Jews who come from the Middle East and North Africa as opposed to Ashkenazi Jews from Europe – has received more attention in recent years.

Some activists and intellectuals in Israel now prefer to be known as Arab Jews to defy the notion that the Arab is Israel’s number one enemy and to push back against an identity imposed by the national Ashkenazi narrative that the Arab Jew is against himself, his culture and his heritage – even against his own God.

The discrimination faced by the Jews of Ethiopia, the only black group to arrive in Israel by virtue of being Jewish, however, has remained largely unheard.

Somehow the clear reality of daily and institutionalised racism toward Ethiopian Jews is not spoken about enough, although some buds are starting to sprout as a result of last year's demonstrations and other acts of protest that received international media coverage.

Our experience should oblige the public and the establishment in Israel to grapple more seriously with the issue of racism in Israeli society in its entirety.

History provides clear evidence for how Judaism cannot be racist, but how the state of Israel, as a Jewish state, has been racist by definition.

- Efrat Yerday is a columnist and a lecturer at Ben Gurion University.
Being black and Jewish: Ethiopians bear the brunt of Israeli state racism

By black people :frown:
MASS DEPORTATIONS OF AFRICAN REFUGEES FROM ISRAEL

israel-african-refugees-mondoweiss-1.jpg

Any racism that is on me pales in comparison to the systemic racism in Israel perpetrated by the whiter Jews against the darker Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. You, defending this, makes you no different than those who opposed civil rights here in the 50s and 60s.

Despite this, the racism against Mizrahi Jews – or Jews who come from the Middle East and North Africa as opposed to Ashkenazi Jews from Europe – has received more attention in recent years.

Some activists and intellectuals in Israel now prefer to be known as Arab Jews to defy the notion that the Arab is Israel’s number one enemy and to push back against an identity imposed by the national Ashkenazi narrative that the Arab Jew is against himself, his culture and his heritage – even against his own God.

The discrimination faced by the Jews of Ethiopia, the only black group to arrive in Israel by virtue of being Jewish, however, has remained largely unheard.

Somehow the clear reality of daily and institutionalised racism toward Ethiopian Jews is not spoken about enough, although some buds are starting to sprout as a result of last year's demonstrations and other acts of protest that received international media coverage.

Our experience should oblige the public and the establishment in Israel to grapple more seriously with the issue of racism in Israeli society in its entirety.

History provides clear evidence for how Judaism cannot be racist, but how the state of Israel, as a Jewish state, has been racist by definition.

- Efrat Yerday is a columnist and a lecturer at Ben Gurion University.
Being black and Jewish: Ethiopians bear the brunt of Israeli state racism

What am I defending, racism in 50's 60's?
I try not to view things like that, but I've read a lot of Jung.

If You open any Israeli radio there will be middle eastern, western and ethnic music.
The Andalusian Orchestra is given a national status, lots of Ethiopian music, Israeli oriental rock scene is pioneering in the international festivals.
Actually in Israel there's a HUGE wave of ethnic music:

Last edited:
I don't get it. And yes, this thread and abi surely did 'trigger' me (something abi likes to do and is proud of), however; correct me if I'm wrong but I have yet to see much concrete proof that Israel has any laws that discriminate against anyone based upon the color of their skin.

When I have visited Israel, I have seen humans of all different skin colors living together without any seeming problems.

Sure, abi has shown proof that there are more humans of light skin in Israel, but that does not prove to me a racist culture. If that is all it takes to prove a racist culture, then the same could be said for many African countries since they do not have many humans of light skin.

I don't get it. And yes, this thread and abi surely did 'trigger' me (something abi likes to do and is proud of), however; correct me if I'm wrong but I have yet to see much concrete proof that Israel has any laws that discriminate against anyone based upon the color of their skin.
I don't like seeing you triggered and the laws are irrelevant, because what is practiced is different than what their laws say to the world.

It's like, oh, we don't have Jew only roads and Palestinian only roads. Or, everyone gets a fair trial, but for the kangaroo style military court that the native Palestinians are subjected to on their own land.

The racist treatment of the darker Jews, I could go on, but it is an obviously racist society, systemically so.

When I have visited Israel, I have seen humans of all different skin colors living together without any seeming problems.
What percentage are white and what is the percentage in the settlements?

Sure, abi has shown proof that there are more humans of light skin in Israel, but that does not prove to me a racist culture. If that is all it takes to prove a racist culture, then the same could be said for many African countries since they do not have many humans of light skin.
See above and many posts on this thread that you might have missed.

Who is denying that racism exists in Israel? Racism exists pretty much everywhere. It needs to be fought everywhere.

But there is absolutely no reason to single Israel out for special consideration (other than, you know, that thing...). Israel does better than most -- including the US. Maybe you should fix your own backyard before worrying about Israel.

Forum List

Back