Does an Increase in Jobless Benefits = More Incentive to Find a Job?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
What do you think? Does an increase in jobless benefits or welfare increase the incentive to find a job? Or does it increase the chances that you willstay on unemployment or welfare?

What do you think? Does an increase in jobless benefits or welfare increase the incentive to find a job? Or does it increase the chances that you willstay on unemployment or welfare?

Well for the people raised on welfare that is an easy question.

You guys only have to look outside your borders for a change. There's no jobless benefits in a majority of countries in the world. There's no unemployment benefits in Zimbabwe, or Somalia, or Nicaragua. That sure gives them a high incentive to find all the jobs out there, huh? Must be why they're unemployment rates are so low.

Are unemployment and welfare the same thing in your world view, KMAN?

Ooooo, ooooo, ooooo, I know the answer! Pick me, pick me, pick me!

The more jobless benefits you receive, the less motivated you will be to get a job.

What do I win???

Forum List

Back