Does a former President have the right of Executive Privilege?

It's a moot point since it's already well established that executive privilege can't be used to hide evidence of a crime.
It's a moot point since it's already well established that executive privilege can't be used to hide evidence of a crime.

If they keep it hidden, how do you know if there was a crime?

It's like Gerrymandering, removing Executive Privilege will be great - until it's used on Xi's American political Party. Then they'll RUN to SCOTUS to beg for it to be reinstated.

Associated Press

Trump wants call logs, aide's notes hidden from Jan. 6 panel​

ZEKE MILLER
Sat, October 30, 2021, 4:07 AM

Former President Donald Trump is trying to block documents including call logs, drafts of remarks and speeches and handwritten notes from his chief of staff relating to the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection from being released to the committee investigating the riot, the National Archives revealed in a court filing early Saturday.
Trump has sued to prevent the National Archives from transmitting those documents, and thousands more, to the House committee investigating the attack. President Joe Biden declined to assert executive privilege on most of Trump's records after determining that doing so is “not in the best interests of the United States.”

It seems former President Trump seeks to use this privilege to cover up the events before, during and after the events on Jan 6th, 2021.
A former president has the right to continued executive privilege to communications/document that were created/made while he was president.

That's all.

Throughout his presidency Trump had problem with many who served at the pleasure of the president. The problem was most profound with those that understood their service was to be directed to their employer, the American government. Trump's current stance suffers from the same delusion that these folks were his personal servants.
Hold on here my2cents because it’s good to keep ALL individuals responsible for their own actions, at least that’s the playbook most follow. I might be reading you wrong so I apologize if that’s the case. Are you saying that Trump was responsible for the loyalty of his white house staff and bodyguards? Now, if you’re saying that some Secret Service staff did feel personally connected to Trump above the country, evidence is needed to support that claim. I am not claiming that it’s not possible for a person to develop a strong loyalty to a president. I am sure that’s happened with many administrations.

Wow….how do you dress and feed yourself being as stupid as you are?
Is there a lucid response in that empty alt-right brain of yours Captain Cherry Picker?
Looks like your savior is worried about what might be contained in those communications he's
trying so hard block. Probably with good reason. Unfortunately, for him, he has no right to
EP. He ain't the President anymore.

Hint...he's all done. You can cross your fingers and hope as hard as you'd like.
But it ain't gonna happen. :)

Does a former President have the right of Executive Privilege?

Stupid question. The government hides stuff for DECADES based on the very claim of national interest. Anything that happened while Trump was in office as POTUS he retains executive privilege over. And if you doubt that, show me ANYTHING which has ever been released about a president from when he was in office over his objections!

Once again, the Left are trying to break the law by claiming Trump is a special case so heinous that it demands special exemption, problem is that they've made that claim against Trump like 500 times now and still, NOT ONE OF THOSE TIMES have their dire claims ever turned out to be true!

---Like Milley's claim he had to usurp executive power from the POTUS going behind his back to warn the Chinese that Trump no longer actually had the authority to launch a nuclear strike against China!

I can think of about 50 people who should be in prison and all of them are Democrats.

The fact is that they don't have a smoking gun to connect the dots.
They are looking for a smoking gun. Again, a person has to prove he's innocent
with these people.
Then there should be no issue with giving the documents to the committee.
End of story.

It's as good as an admission of guilt by Trump.

Guilt of what, moron?

Democrats should invest in boat companies because they sure do go on a lot of fishing expeditions. "We don't have any proof of anything illegal but if we look and dig enough we're certainly we will find it."

Doesn't work that way you fucking liberals.

First of all you have to have evidence that a "crime" has occurred, Crep! Since the FBI investigated this and found no evidence that the Trump White House was involved in a plot to break into Congress or incite a riot...what "crime" is it that you want executive privilege waived for? You don't get to waive that to go looking for a crime...that's not the way it works!

End of story.
Bullshit, it doesn't work like that. A person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Not the other way around. Seems your ilk is trying to find a crime where they have no evidence.
Where did you go wrong, Jack?

By that reason, then there should be no issue with:
  1. Getting a full account of what was in Hunter's laptop.
  2. Getting a full record of all of Hunter's dealings with foreign countries, the monies paid him, and the relation with the Biden family.
  3. Getting a record of all of foreign monies donated to Hillary's funds while in office after which said countries received special favors from the USA.
  4. Getting total disclosure on all matters relating to why the Ambassador and staff in Benghazi were left to die.
  5. Getting a full disclosure of the content of the 33,000 government emails Hillary destroyed when she discovered her server was going to be looked at.
  6. Getting a full account of just what was Barry Obumma's connections with a convicted terrorist from the Weather Underground.
Just for starters off the top of my head. I mean, since none of these people have a thing to hide!

Last edited:
Bullshit, it doesn't work like that. A person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Not the other way around. Seems your ilk is trying to find a crime where they have no evidence.

Trump wanting to use executive privilege which he legally has a right to do as president throws the left into a tizzy saying "It's proof of a crime." But HIllary, deleting 33,000 emails and beating a hard drive and cell phone with a hammer after their contents were subpoenaed by Congress isn't proof of anything.

It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Guilt of what, moron?
Warning of bad behaviour that I will not tolerate.
Democrats should invest in boat companies because they sure do go on a lot of fishing expeditions. "We don't have any proof of anything illegal but if we look and dig enough we're certainly we will find it."

Evidence of the alleged criminal behaviour by Trump.
Doesn't work that way you fucking liberals.
Final warning!

Warning of bad behaviour that I will not tolerate.

Evidence of the alleged criminal behaviour by Trump.

Final warning!

OK, then lets see Hunters laptop, Let's see what was on Hillary's cell phone and hard drive that she destroyed with a hammer after they were under subpoena. Let's see why the big guy got 10% and why Biden admitted to firing the prosecutor looking into his sons company.

Hey if you want to not tolerate criminal behavior, lets NOT TOLERATE CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR.

I'd think long and hard on this one if I were the Democrats! You've got a President who by all appearances is being "managed" by aides. Normally all give and take between Biden and those aides would be protected by Executive Privilege and the public would have no insight into who was really calling the shots in this administration. Strip Trump of his Executive Privilege and you put Biden in the same situation in the future especially if the GOP wins back control of Congress. So let Adam Schiff have his fun, Kiddies but just remember...what goes around...comes around!

the purpose of an investigation is to gather evidence.
Nq3BH1J.jpg

Forum List

Back