Documentary shows link between white supremacy groups and tea party movement Continu

If white racism is a big deal, 'splain to me how we have a black guy in the White House? Simply put, Charlie, sure, there are white racists.... there are black racists, hispanic racists, etc, etc, etc. Be thankful that these idiots are in an ever shrinking minority. Recognize the progress we have made. I'm not claiming we have no race problems, but those problems are being solved.

And, if the liberal media could stop lying about conservatives - to create fear and mistrust for political gains - we could solve it faster.

One black man in the WH doesn't mean white racism is no longer a factor, it still is, a black man in the WH hasn't stopped racial profiling, discrimination in hiring, disparities in prison sentencing, targeting minorities for subprime loans, etc. When those things become virtually nonexistent then talk to me.

You really need to look past the obvious, Charlie. We have a black President. It is one thing that I am remarkably proud of the election of Obama for. It's about fucking time we had someone other than a white male as President.

When it comes to crime, we need a serious look at that. And by that, I mean we need to look beyond the obvious - that it is race based.... and do real, actual, hard research into the issue to find out the root causes and address those causes. I won't argue that there is a disproportionate number of blacks in prison. We need to find out the real reasons for that. I suspect it is more to do with the disproportionate level of poverty and educational achievement than race. But that is a gut feeling and not necessarily based on evidence.

When it comes to the sub-prime shit.... you can lay the blame squarely on groups like ACORN, the Democrats, and the GOP equally for that. It was never about race, it was ignorance on the part of the 'do gooders' that led to that shit. Those people should never have been given mortgages they couldn't afford - but the banks were bullied into lending by groups like ACORN. Not deliberate, but stupid.

I agree with everything in your post. I will add though is some laws almost target the poor more. Example: you need to have A LOT more cocaine on you than you do crack to get an equal punishment. 5 ounces of crack has much worse consequences than 5 ounces of cocaine (in most areas). That's blatantly wrong.

If white racism is a big deal, 'splain to me how we have a black guy in the White House? Simply put, Charlie, sure, there are white racists.... there are black racists, hispanic racists, etc, etc, etc. Be thankful that these idiots are in an ever shrinking minority. Recognize the progress we have made. I'm not claiming we have no race problems, but those problems are being solved.

And, if the liberal media could stop lying about conservatives - to create fear and mistrust for political gains - we could solve it faster.

One black man in the WH doesn't mean white racism is no longer a factor, it still is, a black man in the WH hasn't stopped racial profiling, discrimination in hiring, disparities in prison sentencing, targeting minorities for subprime loans, etc. When those things become virtually nonexistent then talk to me.

That is a load of bullshit.

targeting minorities for subprime loans

your buddy's the democrats helped with that.

disparities in prison sentencing

You do the crime you do the time.

You're right, on everything except the crime thing. There is, without doubt, a hugely disproportionate number of blacks in prison. And, sentencing does appear to 'favor' whites. That is something we need to recognize, research, analyse and deal with.

I doubt that there is any group in the USA that the TEA Party cannot be shown to be affilliated with.

It's a pretty diverse group.

Diverse? In what respect? Watching from the narrow perspective of the TV news it seems to be largely white, middle class,middle aged, overweight and inclined to bleat and repeat the propaganda of conservative talk radio.

You're right, on everything except the crime thing. There is, without doubt, a hugely disproportionate number of blacks in prison. And, sentencing does appear to 'favor' whites. That is something we need to recognize, research, analyse and deal with.

It is understudy, when I retired our county was beginning to document and evaluate the population in our juvenile hall, youth ranch and county jails. See the following link:

http://www.njjn.org/media/resources/public/resource_179.pdf

Here in North Carolina they have taken care of that even if the defendent is guilty he standsa big chance of being let go,

North Carolina Racial Justice Act

You really think that Aljazeera really knows what is going on? They hate America.

How about looking at the majority of voters who voted out Republicans two years ago because they were spending to much.
How about the Dems did the same thing and they got voted out.
The majority of this nation wants government to stop their spending and start listening to the american people instead of just the lobbists.
The majority want to stop the money going to the lobbists and campaign funds wihich is causeing the corruption of politics.
Congress has to stop spending and start paying down our debt.
Tea party people - when thay say take back america they mean get the people back in power not the special instrests (We the people) Congress is not listening to the people any more.
You got to stop believing in the spinning and a Eastern network work who really hates America dude. :eek:

While that may or may not be true, I have a very basic and simple solution to that problem.

Don't commit the crime in the first place.

While that may or may not be true, I have a very basic and simple solution to that problem.

I think it is a problem. While I agree not committing the crime in the first place is true-it's also the easy way out. Why do black people tend to get more harsh punishments than whites do? That's my bone to pick. Black people are much more likely to be executed in this country than white people are, for crimes where the death penalty is available. And for women? Forget it it's a tiny tiny tiny fraction to that of men.

Treatment for the same crimes should be equal among everybody (barring past criminal record), I think we can all agree on that. If person A and person B commit the same crime, and are found guilty, and have the same criminal background-their punishments should be equal.

While I do agree.... abiding by the law is the obvious answer. We do need to recognize that children are a product of their environment. If you raise children in crime ridden areas, and don't show them any other way, if you have disengaged parents, one parent families with no decent (predominantly male) role models, crap schools.... how do we stop those children from turning to crime. For some, it is all they know.

I started a thread about this subject some time ago outlining a potential way to help cut this problem so I won't go into it again.

Believe it or not...sometimes people get convicted even if they aren't guilty.

And sentencing is hardly equal.

Yes. They do.

And....

No, it isn't.

As a society, we need to find out why this disparity exists and deal with it.

Many are repeat offenders. These innocent guys just can't catch a break.

Many are repeat offenders. These innocent guys just can't catch a break.
And enough of them aren't repeat offenders and enough of them turn out to have served time for something they didn't do.

Why you feel the need to deny that is a mystery.

Putting people in jail when they are not guilty is a good way to make them into criminals.

If you can show us finance links or leadership links from the TP movement to racist organizations...THEN this charge has legs.

For example, does KOCH also support racist organizations?

Not to my knowledge.

Forum List

Back