doctors don't know sht

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I recently had a family member pass away.
she was seeing doctors on a regular basis.
she was diagnosed with cancer and died 3 weeks later.

they "didn't know" she had cancer of the lung, liver, and bones.

they said they couldn't try to treat it, because they didn't know where the origin was.

"oh by the way, we've been treating you for arthritis , it turns out you had bone cancer"

-----------------------------------

doctors put on this act like they've too busy to answer questions, this is a classic sign of someone who doesn't know and doesn't want to get trap in words.
God forbid you ask them about something you read on the internet.

at my job in hvac, i'll sit there and answer any questions the customer has, ...because I know what i'm talking about.

thanks to obamacare, everyone is going to pay their whole working life into a worthless system

Very sorry for you loss. This thread should probably be in health forum instead of the politics forum but whatever.

With Obamacare coming into full swing in the very near future we can probably expect a lower quality of healthcare and, thus, more stories like this one.

Again, sorry for the pain your loved one had to endure unnecessarily.

Sorry for the loss of your loved one. Just hope the usual suspects don't turn this into a political/obamacare thing. Same thing has happened to my family as well.

Too late, they did.

They call medicine a "practice".

My condolences.

I was nearly killed by a doctor, as well. I changed to a competent one because I felt so sick and the new doc saved my life.

I am sorry the same did not happen in these other situations.

And expense has nothing to do with it. My uncle had the most expensive docs available and he still wound up with "flipper" hands because they did not use the correct treatments.

Never stop searching for a better doc if you feel there still is something wrong.

Regards from Rosie

It happens, they are wrong often. They should of been able to run some tests to figure out what kind of cancer it is. A biopsy or something at least and offered something for treatment. Chemo or something. Maybe they thought it was too advanced.

Always get a second or even third opinion.

Sorry for your loss.

This unfortunate circumstance happens more often than people think and it's been happening for decades. There are simply medical issues that can't be detected until their late stages.

they said they couldn't try to treat it, because they didn't know where the origin was.

"oh by the way, we've been treating you for arthritis , it turns out you had bone cancer"

doctors put on this act like they've too busy to answer questions, this is a classic sign of someone who doesn't know and doesn't want to get trap in words.

at my job in hvac, i'll sit there and answer any questions the customer has, ...because I know what i'm talking about.

thanks to obamacare, everyone is going to pay their whole working life into a worthless system
I have a family member dying with cancer now. I've ask myself, how did they miss this. The fact is, it's very easy to miss diagnosing a serious disease in the early stages because in the early stages many serious diseases look a lot like minor common aliments. An MRI, CT Scan, brain scan, and other tests can be very expensive and can lead to false positives which can cause much anguish for the patient. So the doctor treats the patient for the most likely cause of the problem and tells him to come back in 2 or 3 weeks if there is no improvement.

Since no one wants bad news, the patient often delays returning to the doctor for months instead of weeks. Then the doctor starts ordering tests screening for various diseases. Once something shows up, more detailed tests are ordered. Then if those tests reveal enough information for a diagnosis, other procedures are ordered to confirm the diagnosis. Only then can treatment options be considered. From the time the first symptoms appear till the time a treatment is started, many months may have pass which can be disastrous for a person with a fast growing cancer.

Last edited:
Sorry for the loss of your loved one. Just hope the usual suspects don't turn this into a political/obamacare thing. Same thing has happened to my family as well.

Too late, they did.

My condolences.

I was nearly killed by a doctor, as well. I changed to a competent one because I felt so sick and the new doc saved my life.

And expense has nothing to do with it. My uncle had the most expensive docs available and he still wound up with "flipper" hands because they did not use the correct treatments.

Never stop searching for a better doc if you feel there still is something wrong.

Regards from Rosie
That's life saving advice. A doctor once told me if you want to extend your life, you have to be a bit pushy when dealing with healthcare providers. In the earliest stages of many diseases, you aren't going to get much attention from healthcare providers because they know many problems just solve themselves.

My wife's life was saved by moving quickly and being a bit pushy. The old adage, "The wheel that squeaks the loudest is the one that gets the grease" is very true for healthcare.

Last edited:
I am so very sorry for you loss, Wolfstrike. What a difficult ordeal this must be for you all.

I have a friend who lost her brother at a young age (early 30's). He had testicular cancer that they caught and successfully treated. He was going in for follow ups for quite some time, all kinds of tests, and they somehow missed that the cancer had spread (into his stomach I think).

Due to personal experiences I haven't trusted doctors for years. I do my own research finding out as much as I can, ask a boatload of questions, and if they are condescending or annoyed? I find another doctor.

Too late, they did.

My condolences.

Regards from Rosie

This!! Absolutely. Just because the doctor says "x, y, z" doesn't mean he's right. Trust your gut, question everything, do your homework.

Bone cancer is generally very easy to diagnosis with blood tests. The CBC should have been completely fucked up....(bone marrow produces most of the body's blood cells.).

Yes...the doctor really screwed up.

Forum List

Back