Do Your Research

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
This is one of the things I like to bring up from time to time to my fellow Black people and it usually shocks them. When you think of a Rhodes scholarship you dont equate it to the mass murderers like Hitler, Stalin, and Leopold II. This meme is right on point.

HITLER%20WITH%20RHODES.jpg

Where is source for this information? I'm not defending Rhodes but?

"A legacy of a different nature was revealed when Rhodes’s will was read in April 1902, detailing an imaginative scheme of awarding scholarships at Oxford to young men from the colonies and from the United States and Germany. That appealed to the public instinct for a more-disinterested kind of imperialism. Most of his fortune was devoted to the scholarships. As the will forbade disqualification on grounds of race, many nonwhite students have benefited from the scholarships, though it is doubtful that such was Rhodes’s intention. He once defined his policy as “equal rights for every white man south of the Zambezi” and later, under liberal pressure, amended “white” to “civilized.” But he probably regarded the possibility of native Africans becoming “civilized” as so remote that the two expressions, in his mind, came to the same thing." Do Your Research

This is one of the things I like to bring up from time to time to my fellow Black people and it usually shocks them. When you think of a Rhodes scholarship you dont equate it to the mass murderers like Hitler, Stalin, and Leopold II. This meme is right on point.

Outside of athletic scholarships, I can't imagine it being a big issue in black communities domestically or internationally for obvious reasons.

No bigger mass murderer than the queen of england. Even the 6 million jews itslef is propaganda 11 million people died in the holocaust, 6 million happened to be jewish but 26 million russians died and 20 million chinese died in the WW2 you never hear about that.

Every child is taught that about Hitler, using and labeling black children is what keeps up the division of us vs them.
Why don't they ever teach the good things about blacks and their achivements also.
It's always about negative things that happened to the black race.

No bigger mass murderer than the queen of england. Even the 6 million jews itslef is propaganda 11 million people died in the holocaust, 6 million happened to be jewish but 26 million russians died and 20 million chinese died in the WW2 you never hear about that.
All because of one redneck and his ideology, you people reeekkkk of violence!!

"A legacy of a different nature was revealed when Rhodes’s will was read in April 1902, detailing an imaginative scheme of awarding scholarships at Oxford to young men from the colonies and from the United States and Germany. That appealed to the public instinct for a more-disinterested kind of imperialism. Most of his fortune was devoted to the scholarships. As the will forbade disqualification on grounds of race, many nonwhite students have benefited from the scholarships, though it is doubtful that such was Rhodes’s intention. He once defined his policy as “equal rights for every white man south of the Zambezi” and later, under liberal pressure, amended “white” to “civilized.” But he probably regarded the possibility of native Africans becoming “civilized” as so remote that the two expressions, in his mind, came to the same thing." Do Your Research
It's a well known fact he killed about 60 million in Africa

Cecil Rhodes & De Beers: Genocide Diamonds

its all over the internet. Not saying that taking advantage of a rhodes scholarship shouldnt be done but placing such high esteem on it should not be done.

Why is Cecil Rhodes such a controversial figure? - BBC News

"I contend that we are the first race in the world, and that the more of the world we inhabit the better it is for the human race,"
- Cecil Rhodes

Outside of athletic scholarships, I can't imagine it being a big issue in black communities domestically or internationally for obvious reasons.

I'm not shocked. Outside of bananas and an extra large supply of RID, there is not much i could see you having the intelligence to imagine.

Every child is taught that about Hitler, using and labeling black children is what keeps up the division of us vs them.
Why don't they ever teach the good things about blacks and their achivements also.
who's they?

I haven't researched this like you have.
But if he was the creep you describe he is receiving his punishment now.

Why are we taught that about Hitler but not about Rhodes or Leopold II? Whats the difference? if you can answer that then you can answer your own question.

Forum List

Back