Do You Want More Or Less Government In Your Life?

Do You Want More Or Less Government In Your Life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could care less if gays get married, idiot women get abortions, folks do dope and many other stupid things.
I want less government. Conservatism means getting religion out of government and peoples lives.

Gay marriage increases the size of government. Because it's giving government the power to regulate relationships they didn't have power to do so previously.

Polygamists on the other hand just want the government to leave them alone. I have more respect for them than the gay marriage movement.

So you are also against heterosexual marriage. Everytime someone gets married we are giving the government more power.
I am using your logic.

What good is a government that creates a subprime mortgage disaster & refuses to regulate the criminals who embrace their ideology.

How many times did professional money managers, investors, traders & firms lay out the case to the SEC that Bernie Madoff was running a ponzi scheme? They took no action until Madoff turned himself in because he ran out of money due to the crisis.

No thank you - I don't want any government that operates like that. My gun & I can regulate much better than that.

What good is a government that creates a subprime mortgage disaster & refuses to regulate the criminals who embrace their ideology.

How many times did professional money managers, investors, traders & firms lay out the case to the SEC that Bernie Madoff was running a ponzi scheme? They took no action until Madoff turned himself in because he ran out of money due to the crisis.

No thank you - I don't want any government that operates like that. My gun & I can regulate much better than that.
*Amen*

Just curious about what most here on USMB prefer when it comes to Government in their lives. Thanks.

I think this is a pretty good example of the sentiment of the overwhelming majority of Americans--telling the Federal Government to get OFF OF OUR BACKS.
Yep. And one they refuse to heed. They'd rather push us to see how far they can push us...

I agree with all of that except it was not the government that created a damn thing. I hear the same argument against corporations.
PEOPLE are responsible for what the government gives them. We were the ones that allowed it to happen. People are at fault.
Your analysis of what went on with Madoff proves my point. It was the lack of action of people that led to the problem.

Ever since 911 it does feel like we are living in a Police State of sorts. They have taken so much control so quickly. They're everywhere now. I mean i just read where the TSA is now setting up random checkpoints on our highways. Do we really want a Gestapo-like Government agency out there demanding we show them our papers and searching our vehicles? I can't believe this is what most Ameicans want. I just can't believe that. I'm just waiting to see more Americans protesting this stuff. Because this is the most important problem facing our nation.

Wow,most people do want less Government in their lives according to this poll so far. I really did think there were more Big Government folks on this site.

Forum List

Back