Do you think that 4 North Korean defectors should be returned?

Do you think that 4 North Korean defectors should be returned?

• They should be returned

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should not be returned

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

crazybear

Rookie
Mar 1, 2011
Last month, 31 North Korean defectors were swept away to South Korea. 4 people of them expressed to live in South Korea. But North Korea didn't believe that and want to bring back them all. Last Week North Korea government eventually insisted that the 4 people have to talk with family face to face.(I think there is no one to leave if they meet their family, this is North Korea's cunning strategy) They have made an unreasonable demand until now. This kind of demand isn't even in an international usage & common senses. So, South Korea made a plan to show the video that can verify their testimony or the testimony of a neutral nation's representative who met those people in person. Their decision to live in South Korea was verified by an U.N court of inquiry and The Court investigated all members in person and North Korea received the result directly from it. a political protection and political exile, disposal of defectors are belong to sovereignty. There is no case like North Korea. I'm so worried whether North Korea has an ulterior purpose.(This case can provide a reason to provocate). I hope they can live in South Korea as soon as possible without diplomatic conflicts. At least, they can be free without worries for food.
:eusa_pray:

Returning the North Korean defectors means certain death for them.

Do you want to live with that all your life ?

Here's some background on the story, I had no idea about it until this thread. This is actually a very interesting issue. Apparently there were 27 others on the ship and those others wanted to return to NK but there were no NK officials at the border to take them back in. I guess they wanted to go back because of family, which is the issue with these 4 who want to stay in SK.

North Korea Pressures Defectors - WSJ.com

By saying it would bring their relatives to Wednesday's meeting, North Korea is trying to put pressure on the four, who include the captain of the wayward vessel. Pyongyang severely punishes the families of defectors, often sending them for years to labor camps considered some of the worst prisons on earth. Many defectors hide their identity once they leave the country, seeking to protect relatives left behind.

North Korea said it wants the four defectors to confirm in front of their relatives their intention to stay. Human-rights activists called the demand cruel, saying the defectors are likely already wrestling with the consequences their choice will have on their families.

"It's such an inhumane act," said Kim Sung-min of Free North Korea Radio, a defector-operated radio station in the South. "Whatever pressure they feel, the four people would not dare to go back, because there is no question that they will be executed. The family members are now branded as traitors and could face the same fate."

Last edited:
  • Banned
their own decision that they don't want to go should be keeped. i hope.

Forum List

Back