Do You Think Obama has Read the Entire Stimulus Package?

I'm sure he read it.

Now he should veto it.

Do you remember what happened when Hoover tried to half ass a recovery?

The Rs have made this god awful mess and have again failed to recognise how to get us out of it.

History is repeteting and the American people are not going to follow the bankrupt ideas of the people who made this mess in the first place. Same as last time.
If he wants to be a great president, he needs to do it right.

Veto this garbage and tell the house and senate not to send more pork, the bill should be sqeaky clean, contain no payoffs and should only be for helping the economy.

If he does that then he will have earned some of the praise people give him for doing nothing.

I'm sure he read it.

Now he should veto it.

The Rs have made this god awful mess and have again failed to recognise how to get us out of it.

History is repeteting and the American people are not going to follow the bankrupt ideas of the people who made this mess in the first place. Same as last time.

Veto this garbage and tell the house and senate not to send more pork, the bill should be sqeaky clean, contain no payoffs and should only be for helping the economy.

If he does that then he will have earned some of the praise people give him for doing nothing.

the thing is that if i thought he could restructure it so that it was only stimulus spending and jobs creation, i'd probably be with you. the problem is you have the right yelling tax cuts (which don't work).

but what's pristine? and what is stimulus. we haven't even begun to address the infrastructure needs of this country. when are we going to do that? when another levee goes?? when a subway tunnel crashes down on people? when water and sewage are destroyed in a major city? or when there's another bridge collapse?

if he does it right, you're really going to scream because it will cost twice what it costs now.

Hell no. But I'm not the one telling people that the world is going to end if this does not pass like the Messiah is... so hopefully he has read it but it's doubtful.

No but your a hypocrite because you're saying the exact opposite.

That the world is going to end if this does pass.

:cuckoo:

Perhaps Obama read it but could not understand it?

Hmmm....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5R6kVry4_c&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania II - Hero of the Stupid[/ame]

the thing is that if i thought he could restructure it so that it was only stimulus spending and jobs creation, i'd probably be with you. the problem is you have the right yelling tax cuts (which don't work).

but what's pristine? and what is stimulus. we haven't even begun to address the infrastructure needs of this country. when are we going to do that? when another levee goes?? when a subway tunnel crashes down on people? when water and sewage are destroyed in a major city? or when there's another bridge collapse?

if he does it right, you're really going to scream because it will cost twice what it costs now.

and yet the dems control congress and the executive so why can't he do it "right", whatever that is? the repubs/right are out of power so why does he have to cater to them. i mean, he said he won, so act like a winner and do what you believe is right, then live with the consequences. it's not rocket science, y'know.

and yet the dems control congress and the executive so why can't he do it "right", whatever that is? the repubs/right are out of power so why does he have to cater to them. i mean, he said he won, so act like a winner and do what you believe is right, then live with the consequences. it's not rocket science, y'know.

In answer to your question.....

58 senate seats.....

58 senate seats.....

you think bernie sanders will go against him? snowe and collins as well?
specter? sorry, no sale.

58 senate seats.....

specter? sorry, no sale.

right now collins is the most powerful senator in D.C. Ask her, she'll tell you. She already said if the bill isn't what *she* wants, she's not voting for it.

I'd say 60 senate seats would be helpful.

58 senate seats.....

specter? sorry, no sale.

right now collins is the most powerful senator in D.C. Ask her, she'll tell you. She already said if the bill isn't what *she* wants, she's not voting for it.

and i'd say 58 is a handy excuse.

One party rule means dicatorship.

Obama should not need it, he can use the bully pulpit, the media will give all the air time he wants, he could take a demand for a clean bill to the people and they would be behind him completly.

Tax cuts do work by the way, if you couple them with reduced spending, something our last POTUS never seemed to grasp.

Oh, there's no "might" about it. He doesn't know what the hell to do and he doesn't know where the hell to turn, so he's falling back on what he is familiar and comfortable with -- political speeches and campaigning. God, how can he not get in there with the congress and WORK with them??? Why the hell is he out and about all over the place?? Someone should send him 'How to be a President for Dummies'. He'd have to actually read it, though. :rolleyes:

It ridiculous he "running" and keeping his distance and "acting" as if hes doing something good.
It worked for him during the campaign and nothing else is working so ...
If it isn't written and spelled out for him forget it!!

Last edited:
One party rule means dicatorship.

Obama should not need it, he can use the bully pulpit, the media will give all the air time he wants, he could take a demand for a clean bill to the people and they would be behind him completly.

Tax cuts do work by the way, if you couple them with reduced spending, something our last POTUS never seemed to grasp.

Go fuck yourself then; I didn't hear you complain when Republicans controlled the White House, House, Senate, and to a extent the Supreme Court.

Where was your complaints then?

And tax cuts don't work, trickle down economics don't work. Or as Bush 41 called them, Voodoo Economics.

Go fuck yourself then; I didn't hear you complain when Republicans controlled the White House, House, Senate, and to a extent the Supreme Court.

Where was your complaints then?
I wasn't a poster here at that time genius. :cuckoo:

And tax cuts don't work, trickle down economics don't work. Or as Bush 41 called them, Voodoo Economics.
Bush 41 was also a moron.

I've heard many people say this. The Democrats want clear majorities in all branches of government so they can pass any bill they want. If you're a wingnut, that makes sense. However, to everyone else, that's just scary.

It's scary to me.

It's scary to all America.

What's even more scary are the twitter posts they're reading on CNN...one of which said that Obama should just get rid of all the opposition and run as a dictator for a while.

I've got a feeling that's exactly what he's thinking.

:lol: Just wondering Republicans; who was in charge when people's guns were taken away during Katrina?

Dubya.

Obama has not done anything similar to a dictator yet, Bush did several things. But thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back