Do you Support Planned Parenthood?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Well, here's something Margaret Sanger, its founder, didn't want you to know.

Margaret-Sanger.jpg

Still support them? :eusa_whistle:

Read more @ Found it on Facebook: Margaret Sanger?s ultimate goal with a link to this 79% of Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinics Target Blacks, Hispanics | LifeNews.com

That's disengenius and dishonest.

The entire quote is:

“We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. And the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

For better or worse, she was typical of her generation in terms of racial attitudes, but it certainly did not extend to extermination.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger#Race
Sanger's writings echoed ideas about inferiority and loose morals of particular races that were widespread in the contemporary United States. In one "What Every Girl Should Know" commentary, she observed that Aboriginal Australians were "just a step higher than the chimpanzee" with "little sexual control," as compared to the "normal man and Woman."[85]

Such attitudes did not keep her from collaborating with African-American leaders and professionals who saw a need for birth control in their communities. In 1929, James H. Hubert, a black social worker and leader of New York's Urban League, asked Sanger to open a clinic in Harlem.[86] Sanger secured funding from the Julius Rosenwald Fund and opened the clinic, staffed with black doctors, in 1930. The clinic was directed by a 15-member advisory board consisting of black doctors, nurses, clergy, journalists, and social workers. The clinic was publicized in the African-American press and in black churches, and it received the approval of W. E. B. Du Bois, founder of the NAACP.[87] She did not tolerate bigotry among her staff, nor would she tolerate any refusal to work within interracial projects.[88] Sanger's work with minorities earned praise from Martin Luther King, Jr., in his 1966 acceptance speech for the Margaret Sanger award.[89]

From 1939 to 1942 Sanger was an honorary delegate of the Birth Control Federation of America, which included a supervisory role — alongside Mary Lasker and Clarence Gamble — in the Negro Project, an effort to deliver birth control to poor black people.[90] Sanger wanted the Negro Project to include black ministers in leadership roles, but other supervisors did not. To emphasize the benefits of involving black community leaders, she wrote to Gamble "we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." This quote has been cited by Angela Davis to support her claims that Sanger wanted to exterminate black people.[91] However, New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project, argues that in writing that letter, "Sanger recognized that elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South, unless clergy and other community leaders spread the word that the Project had a humanitarian aim."[92]

Last edited:
Hire ministers to educate and straighten out their more rebellious members?

Really, you thought the quote in its entirety helped?

"Sanger recognized that elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South, unless clergy and other community leaders spread the word that the Project had a humanitarian aim."

"Sanger recognized that elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South, unless clergy and other community leaders spread the word that the Project had a humanitarian aim."

Humanitarian aim being to reduce the black population. We get it.

Bolded...the interpretation of New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project.

Project History and Purpose

The Margaret Sanger Papers Project is a historical editing project sponsored by the Department of History at New York University. The Project was formed by Dr. Esther Katz in 1985 to locate, arrange, edit, research, and publish the papers of the noted birth control pioneer.
. About | Margaret Sanger Papers Project

I don't need her words interpreted for me.

No, I don't approve of Margaret Sanger and what she has done to America. What she was involved in is utterly evil.

Bolded...the interpretation of New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project.

The Margaret Sanger Papers Project is a historical editing project sponsored by the Department of History at New York University. The Project was formed by Dr. Esther Katz in 1985 to locate, arrange, edit, research, and publish the papers of the noted birth control pioneer.

No, but you need the whole quote and the context in which it was made - most particularly the historical context and the lack of any other material indicating a desire for genocide or extermination.

It's easy to snip out quotes and distort them. Of course, some prefer that to truth.

No, I don't approve of Margaret Sanger and what she has done to America. What she was involved in is utterly evil.

Giving women the ability to control their fertility is utterly evil?

Do you realize what life was like for women - especially poor women - before there was birth control?

No, it wasn't evil. It was finally, we had the ability to choose whether or not we wanted to be pregnant.

again... he only used part of the quote and was not honest.

but i'm pretty sure that the current mission of planned parenthood is a good one.

i'm also very sure that men shouldn't be making health care decisions for women.

The problem I have with Planned Parenthood is the fact that they make millions each year in profit, yet still get millions in tax money. Let them do want they want since it's legal, but no need to fund them. If the wealthy liberals wish to donate, they are more than welcome to help ensure they stay operational.

The majority of abortions are done on minority women. I also suspect that when they seek out help from PP, they are often encouraged to get abortions. Birth control should be about preventing pregnancies and that has become so cheap that it's amazing so many get abortions.

No, but you need the whole quote and the context in which it was made - most particularly the historical context and the lack of any other material indicating a desire for genocide or extermination.

It's easy to snip out quotes and distort them. Of course, some prefer that to truth.

I replied to your full quote

I guess those marked children deserved it

[ame=http://youtu.be/2Or7OgiQ5JU]Margaret Sanger the Greatest Sin is Children - YouTube[/ame]

Margaret Sanger: The Mike Wallace Interview

A very interesting interview, from which this one tiny bit was taken. Again, context.

Sanger was a product of her era, an era that was marked by ideas of biological superiority and eugenics - she certainly wasn't alone in that and like many great people she had her flaws.

However, she also saw what unrelenting pregnancies and childbirth did to women and to families in her work as a nurse and it was that which sparked her crusade.

Access to legal birth control was the single most liberating event in the history of women and it scared the shit out of the status quo. They're still fighting it.

By the way - this has nothing to do with "marked children" - those "children" never existed. This is Birth Control.

Last edited:
She called them marked children, no chance in the world to be human beings practically, delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of "things" just marked when they're born.....based on who their parents were.

Her goal was to stop them from being born.

She called them marked children, no chance in the world to be human beings practically, delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of "things" just marked when they're born.....based on who their parents were.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Her views were common to her era - but she also saw what unlimited procreation did to a woman and started a movement that eventually made contraception legal. And that is a good thing.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Her views were common to her era - but she also saw what unlimited procreation did to a woman and started a movement that eventually made contraception legal. And that is a good thing.

Her views were common to racists of the era.

Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race. -M. Sanger

Forum List

Back