Do you support "EBT/SNAP only" lanes at stores?

We couldn't do it all stores but big ones yes. Any store with more than say 10 checkout lanes must have one for the welfare bums. Liberals will say that will embarrass people but that's the idea. Our welfare system is riddled with fraud and Obozo won't do anything about it since he thinks welfare ENRICHES(!!) a nation. Let's try shaming these deadbeats off the welfare roles.

I have a better idea, genius. Create a job market that provides a full workweek at a living wage.

Oh wait, republicans can't do that.

So whats a living wage? ARe you saying all jobs need to support families of four?

Apparently, they do think that way. Many starter jobs are for teens entering the job market for the first time and it's not reasonable to expect someone with no experience to rake in the money. I have to ask what went wrong when a 30 year old with a bunch of kids is only qualified to work at a menial job along with the teenagers. While the teens are working at fast food places to earn a little extra cash over the summer, the 30 thinks he should be able to pay rent, utilities, food and care for a big family. Just doesn't work that way. I know people who started off at minimum wage jobs and worked their way up to management because they had the education and skills, at least a high school diploma and the ambition to work hard. People generally elevate when they work at it. When some just don't have what it takes to climb the ladder, we shouldn't try to change the system to accomodate them, but rather look at the person and see what they need to do in order to make themselves better.

People need to rise to the challenge rather than expect society to bow to them.

I'm all about helping those in need, though able bodied people need to be doing their part to lift themselves up. Don't just expect others to do the heavy lifting. You get out of poverty a hell of a lot faster when you are actively improving yourself (get the GED, utilize government grants to attend college or trade school). A person can do way more to help themselves than any politician can ever hope to. Realize that and you are on your way to a better life.

I have a better idea, genius. Create a job market that provides a full workweek at a living wage.

So whats a living wage? ARe you saying all jobs need to support families of four?

Apparently, they do think that way. Many starter jobs are for teens entering the job market for the first time and it's not reasonable to expect someone with no experience to rake in the money. I have to ask what went wrong when a 30 year old with a bunch of kids is only qualified to work at a menial job along with the teenagers. While the teens are working at fast food places to earn a little extra cash over the summer, the 30 thinks he should be able to pay rent, utilities, food and care for a big family. Just doesn't work that way. I know people who started off at minimum wage jobs and worked their way up to management because they had the education and skills, at least a high school diploma and the ambition to work hard. People generally elevate when they work at it. When some just don't have what it takes to climb the ladder, we shouldn't try to change the system to accomodate them, but rather look at the person and see what they need to do in order to make themselves better.

People need to rise to the challenge rather than expect society to bow to them.

I'm all about helping those in need, though able bodied people need to be doing their part to lift themselves up. Don't just expect others to do the heavy lifting. You get out of poverty a hell of a lot faster when you are actively improving yourself (get the GED, utilize government grants to attend college or trade school). A person can do way more to help themselves than any politician can ever hope to. Realize that and you are on your way to a better life.

Excellent post. What the "living wage" advocates neglect to understand is that most people move through multiple income levels throughout their careers; and that having a low wage starter job as a teenager is a good way to learn a proper work ethic. Driving up the minimum wage defers employment experience for youths while doing very little to improve the condition of working families.

We couldn't do it all stores but big ones yes. Any store with more than say 10 checkout lanes must have one for the welfare bums. Liberals will say that will embarrass people but that's the idea. Our welfare system is riddled with fraud and Obozo won't do anything about it since he thinks welfare ENRICHES(!!) a nation. Let's try shaming these deadbeats off the welfare roles.

You're part of the party of "smaller government" aren't you?

No, he's part of the party of "nuttier than a fruitcake and dumber than a box of rocks".

HAHAHA. That board notes that all you have is namecalling. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

Only look, another knee-jerk dumb idea that I'm supposed to "seriously" consider ....
Just stick with the capitol punishment for traffic offenses meme ...

You want a living wage, then it is YOUR responsibility to provide skills that will earn you a living wage.

If you want to just get by, then live off the scraps that society throws you and be grateful you don't live in a nation where the poor really ARE treated badly.

As for the OP.......Any conservative would be against MORE government regulations into the lives of the citizens.

A better program would be to institute training and work for the benefits they receive, until such time as their skills develop and they can work in the private sector based upon the training they receive. You want fraud control? Make the program a two year training program (mandatory) and all benefits are cut off for 10 years after that.

Are stores doing this?

I recall hearing a story from Idaho, where the merchants were lobbying to spread the food stamp disbursements out during the month because recipients would all come in on the same day, put hundreds of dollars of groceries into a cart, then many would see the long checkout line and abandon the cart letting the contents spoil.

So I could see why some stores might try it. They could always just have a sign telling when welfare days were, so the rest of us would know to plan around the chaos.

Yes I do. Get all corporations off the dole.
David Stockman talked about his new book, The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America, in which he suggested that Wall Street and the Federal Reserve had joined forces to harm the economy, punish savers, and fuel new financial bubbles that will soon burst. He said federal budget control had been surrendered to lobbyists, PACS, and special interests that block legitimate attempts to implement real spending cuts.

No. Absolutely not.

If the store wants to instate such a policy, fine. Where does Uncle Sam get off demanding such a thing though? Talk about adding inane regulation for no real purpose.

Makes more sense than 99% of the laws we have now. If you have a better way to fight welfare fraud, let's here it.

Last edited:
Another thread that shows repubs instead of pretending to be mad about Welfare are really just mean 16 year prom queens who just like to demean and bully ppl

Another thread that shows repubs instead of pretending to be mad about Welfare are really just mean 16 year prom queens who just like to demean and bully ppl

Except that many on the right are openly calling this guy an idiot. You can’t see that though because you are so hopelessly partisan that you are blind.

Except that many on the right are openly calling this guy an idiot. You can’t see that though because you are so hopelessly partisan that you are blind.

By "many" you mean..??? Does the few with a trace of compassion mean the majority, that further want to compound the difficulties faced by the poor, do not exist?

Why would I want to force a store to install lines for EBT/SNAP when they can already use the lines they currently have? We have enough problems with government imposing unecessary costs on businesses. Why would I want to burden them more?

By "many" you mean..??? Does the few with a trace of compassion mean the majority, that further want to compound the difficulties faced by the poor, do not exist?

By many he means everyone

Demean and bully people? have you read any of the threads you've started recently?

Is this evidense that Faqs R Us is your sock puppet? :lol:

That is the first that I have been accused of being a sock. Never mind that our writing styles are NOTHING alike and our beliefs are not always aligned. As long as you can ignore reality, right….

Hey, don't be so harsh. The modern GOP loves the poor. That's why they make so many of them.

That is the first that I have been accused of being a sock. Never mind that our writing styles are NOTHING alike and our beliefs are not always aligned. As long as you can ignore reality, right….

Note.. LOL smiley.. Get a grip.

Noted. I was unaware that it MUST be included though to poke at people. I will remember that rule next time though..

:poke:

Is that better or does it HAVE to be a smily?

Note.. LOL smiley.. Get a grip.

Noted. I was unaware that it MUST be included though to poke at people. I will remember that rule next time though..

:poke:

Is that better or does it HAVE to be a smily?

Yes/Nope.. :lol: just saves on keystrokes.. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back