Do you support "EBT/SNAP only" lanes at stores?

Let's try shaming these deadbeats off the welfare roles.

Most of those people are working 2 jobs but still can't afford to feed their families. Why are you not trying to shame those big corporations taking corporate welfare to pay their CEO's Billions but not pay their employees enough to eat on? The corporations keep their workers poor, uninsured & on the government dole so they can pay their executives more.

Most of those people are working 2 jobs but still can't afford to feed their families. Why are you not trying to shame those big corporations taking corporate welfare to pay their CEO's Billions but not pay their employees enough to eat on? The corporations keep their workers poor, uninsured & on the government dole so they can pay their executives more.

Corporate welfare has been a huge problem ever since america was founded. I never said i supported it.

No. Absolutely not.

If the store wants to instate such a policy, fine. Where does Uncle Sam get off demanding such a thing though? Talk about adding inane regulation for no real purpose.

I agree with you--it should be up to the store. And the store should be able to do it as a matter of training regardless of what "shame" it may bring.

Ya know, the right wing loons would have a point others would embrace if they would shed the hyperbole and insults just long enough to make it.

I don't see the point. Seems like just another waste of resources to me, having pin pads which only accept EBT and others which do not...

We couldn't do it all stores but big ones yes. Any store with more than say 10 checkout lanes must have one for the welfare bums. Liberals will say that will embarrass people but that's the idea. Our welfare system is riddled with fraud and Obozo won't do anything about it since he thinks welfare ENRICHES(!!) a nation. Let's try shaming these deadbeats off the welfare roles.

You're part of the party of "smaller government" aren't you?

We couldn't do it all stores but big ones yes. Any store with more than say 10 checkout lanes must have one for the welfare bums. Liberals will say that will embarrass people but that's the idea. Our welfare system is riddled with fraud and Obozo won't do anything about it since he thinks welfare ENRICHES(!!) a nation. Let's try shaming these deadbeats off the welfare roles.

You are on a Witch Hunt. You advocate adding to pain and suffering, blindly, to what end?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_GIV8UliHs]Child in Time Deep Purple - YouTube[/ame]
Child in Time Deep Purple

I would agree because we should also insist that certain items are not allowed to be purchased with EBT cards and it would make it easier for cashiers to monitor that. I don't care how poor a person is, we should never hand over tax payers' earnings so they can buy beer and cigarettes, not to mention the tattoos and other completely unnecessary items.

The Dems fought hard to remove the stigma of using welfare. I think many people were embarrassed and that is why they fought like hell to get off welfare. Now that it's comfortable, no one is in a hurry to try and elevate themselves. It went from being something people used as a last resort to something people demand as their right. Yea, they have a right to force others to work on their behalf. Charity is one thing, but being taken advantage of is another. Some refuse to acknowledge the difference. And there is a big difference between helping those in need and catering to those with an entitlement mentality.

No. Absolutely not.

If the store wants to instate such a policy, fine. Where does Uncle Sam get off demanding such a thing though? Talk about adding inane regulation for no real purpose.

Makes more sense than 99% of the laws we have now. If you have a better way to fight welfare fraud, let's here it.

So we have to wait in long checkout lines while they get their own express lane? Boy, you just want to give them all kinds of perks. Will they get their own parking places too?

Bravo - you finally figured out that ebt/snap only lanes would result in far fewer people on welfare and thus fewer people needed to work in the welfare offices.

I have a better idea, genius. Create a job market that provides a full workweek at a living wage.

Oh wait, republicans can't do that.

So whats a living wage? ARe you saying all jobs need to support families of four?

[

I would agree because we should also insist that certain items are not allowed to be purchased with EBT cards and it would make it easier for cashiers to monitor that. I don't care how poor a person is, we should never hand over tax payers' earnings so they can buy beer and cigarettes, not to mention the tattoos and other completely unnecessary items.

We need to insist that the only foods that can be bought with welfare money are staples like rice, flour, sugar, and rolled oats.

[
So we have to wait in long checkout lines while they get their own express lane? Boy, you just want to give them all kinds of perks. Will they get their own parking places too?

HAHAHA. What a fool you are. If walmart had a welfare lane, it would be backed up all the time. They'd need a half dozen.

Bravo - you finally figured out that ebt/snap only lanes would result in far fewer people on welfare and thus fewer people needed to work in the welfare offices.
Your ignorance is only exceeded by your hate.

[

HAHAHA. What a fool you are. If walmart had a welfare lane, it would be backed up all the time. They'd need a half dozen.

If embarrassment is your goal, perhaps you should advocate for welfare recipients to have a scarlet "W" tattooed on their foreheads, and have them ring bells wherever they go while shouting "unclean, unclean!"

You have to be kidding?
Stores can't even get the "10 Items or Less" lanes to work
now you want "EBT/SNAP only" lanes at stores?
Good Luck with that!

No, he's part of the party of "nuttier than a fruitcake and dumber than a box of rocks".

If the government was to start outting people they should begin on the internets forcing public message boards to post current pictures and addresses of all members. I am more interested in knowing who I am discussing topics with than who is buying thier food.

Forum List

Back