Do you receive a lot of junk, spam, robo calls to your cellular phone?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I do. I live in Florida and signed up for the state's "no-call" registry. I'm not sure it helps. I still receive lots of calls; I presume most of them are foreigners. I use TMobile. How about you?

I use T-Mobile, and get spam calls all the time. A lot of times if I'm sitting at my computer I won't answer the call, and I'll Google the number. 9 times out of 10 it's been reported as spam by at least a few people.

I have Verizon and I use a Panasonic phone. The phone has a button on the bottom that says "Call Block." I hit that button as soon as they start talking and that number can never get through again. Even the Robo calls are blocked forever. Try it, you'll like it.

I do. I live in Florida and signed up for the state's "no-call" registry. I'm not sure it helps. I still receive lots of calls; I presume most of them are foreigners. I use TMobile. How about you?

I get spam calls virtually every day, almost always from a bogus number. I don't sign up with no-call; I strongly suspect it sets you up for even more of that shit.

All of this is on the cell phone, never on the landline.

I have at&t, Florida as well, also signed up to the registry. I have finally gotten most blocked, and probably receive 2-3 a week now.

The house phone still get quite a few.

I have Verizon and I use a Panasonic phone. The phone has a button on the bottom that says "Call Block." I hit that button as soon as they start talking and that number can never get through again. Even the Robo calls are blocked forever. Try it, you'll like it.

That sounds useful at first, but the spammers that barrage me CONSTANTLY change their numbers. Almost never do I get a repeat spam from the same number. And I know that because I keep about 50 of them in my contact list, in the event that they call back and I can see who it is before I answer.

I actually got more after I signed up for the do-not-call list. I think that is where Telemarketers get their information.

They've been trying to reach me about my Google listing for years. Every day for years. Multiple times a day every day for years.

I don't have a Google listing BTW.

I also don't have a 2014 Toyota Camry that is almost out of warranty.

I don't accept credit cards either.

I used to work in telemarketing when I was younger, and people I called would complain all the time that they were on the national "no call list". We'd put them on our own no call list, and still end up calling them days later.

I got Verizon
Those crafty fuckers even call me from local cell phone numbers.
If i dont know the number, i dont answer

I actually got more after I signed up for the do-not-call list. I think that is where Telemarketers get their information.
Being on the no call list worked for years for me but just this last year I started getting lots of calls.

Forum List

Back