Do you people not realize that both political parties are at fault?

Salt Jones

Rookie
Mar 22, 2011
This back and forth blame game over the credit rating downgrade is just ridiculous. Democrats and Republicans in Congress, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama are all to blame. All Washington did was play the same "kick the can" bullshit that got us into this mess and now they point fingers at each other. Entitlements have to be reformed, revenue has to increase, tax loopholes need to be closed and everyone in DC knows this. But no one has the guts to take on their own side and fix it.

This board reflects the stupidity that takes place in Washington. The dozens of tit for tat threads are pointless. If we would have defaulted our credit rating would have been downgraded by everyone and the economy would sink even further. If we don't reform SS and Medicare we will sink even further. None of our political leaders are willing to do the hard work, they all just want to get reelected. I'm disgusted by the weakness of our "leaders" to fail to put America before Republican Party, Democratic Party or reelection.

Fuck them all!

:eusa_hand:
This back and forth blame game over the credit rating downgrade is just ridiculous. Democrats and Republicans in Congress, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama are all to blame.:eusa_liar: All Washington did was play the same "kick the can" bullshit that got us into this mess and now they point fingers at each other. Entitlements have to be reformed, revenue has to increase, tax loopholes need to be closed and everyone in DC knows this. But no one has the guts to take on their own side and fix it.

This board reflects the stupidity that takes place in Washington. The dozens of tit for tat threads are pointless. If we would have defaulted our credit rating would have been downgraded by everyone and the economy would sink even further. If we don't reform SS and Medicare we will sink even further. None of our political leaders are willing to do the hard work, they all just want to get reelected. I'm disgusted by the weakness of our "leaders" to fail to put America before Republican Party, Democratic Party or reelection.

Fuck them all!

All of this is an extension of what Dead Beat Bush started and carried out for 8 years. Obama is just the scape goat. Then the T-Bagger put the salt on the wound.
There are no new entitlements and they have always been around and the spending relatively the same except the job loss led to unemployment and tax cuts led to lost revenue. Sound like the Bush era to me.

You are right both sides have done things that were not helpful.

The side whos platform reflects the ideas that were the major cause is the republican party though.

• Banned
This back and forth blame game over the credit rating downgrade is just ridiculous. Democrats and Republicans in Congress, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama are all to blame.:eusa_liar: All Washington did was play the same "kick the can" bullshit that got us into this mess and now they point fingers at each other. Entitlements have to be reformed, revenue has to increase, tax loopholes need to be closed and everyone in DC knows this. But no one has the guts to take on their own side and fix it.

Fuck them all!

All of this is an extension of what Dead Beat Bush started and carried out for 8 years. Obama is just the scape goat. Then the T-Bagger put the salt on the wound.
There are no new entitlements and they have always been around and the spending relatively the same except the job loss led to unemployment and tax cuts led to lost revenue. Sound like the Bush era to me.

Obama is not "just the scape goat". He is as much at fault as Bush. SS and Medicare are growing faster then the GDP. Baby Boomers are going to overwhelm the system and Democrats are whining about medicare providers possibly having to take a cut. Republicans are signing no tax pledges when tax rates and revenues are at 50 year lows. Both sides are full of shit.

after the downgrade can you really trust what the Left says about finances and the economy
For example PapaObama Care was going to instantly create 400,000 jobs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNiLYEiFUMU]‪Obamacare will create 400,000 jobs ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, says Choppy Hands McBotox‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
You are right both sides have done things that were not helpful.

The side whos platform reflects the ideas that were the major cause is the republican party though.

Wrong, both sides are equally to blame. What should be done to fix medicare and ss?

Besides the taxes
:eusa_angel:

Some studies have shown that PapaObama care is having a real impact on
killing jobs NOW

Analysis: Job Growth Was 10-Fold Higher Before the Democrats Passed Obamacare

“Private-sector job creation initially recovered from the recession at a normal rate, leading to predictions last year of a “Recovery Summer.” Since April 2010, however, net private-sector job creation has stalled. Within two months of the passage of Obamacare, the job market stopped improving. This suggests that businesses are not exaggerating when they tell pollsters that the new health care law is holding back hiring.”

Sherk writes that Obamacare “discourages employers from hiring in several ways:

Yes...Been saying so for a long time.

Which party controls 1600 Pennsylvania and the Senate, and was 100% in charge for two years?

Whoever is in charge gets the blame and/or credit...Except, of course, in the media, where nearly nothing is ever the fault of anyone who carries a (D) by their name.

Right or wrong, that's how it works.

Last edited:

Which party controls 1600 Pennsylvania and the Senate, and was 100% in charge for two years?

Whoever is in charge gets the blame and/or credit...Except, of course, in the media, where nearly nothing is ever the fault of anyone who carries a (D) by their name.

So, bush increasing the debt from 5 to 10.5 trillion, passing unfunded Medicare Part D, Tarp, and 2 non-budgeted wars has no blame? I'm not absolving democrats of blame, I'm saying they all (R&D) share, equally, 100% of the blame.

This back and forth blame game over the credit rating downgrade is just ridiculous. Democrats and Republicans in Congress, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama are all to blame. All Washington did was play the same "kick the can" bullshit that got us into this mess and now they point fingers at each other. Entitlements have to be reformed, revenue has to increase, tax loopholes need to be closed and everyone in DC knows this. But no one has the guts to take on their own side and fix it.

Fuck them all!

Thank you, SaltJones.
This will be the only thread on this topic that I'll subscribe to.
I was just browsing through and thinking the same thing that you've pointed out.

Neither party can take the high road in this clusterfuck.

There aren't enough cuts and there isn't enough revenue.

At the risk of sounding like a TPer or Beck-head, the majority of our legislative branch *still* don't comprehend that they're there to serve US.

Both parties have only served their own best interests in attempting to cover their own asses for the next election.
Obama stood in front of America and flat-out stated that his main objective was to "get us through the next election".

Nevermind that we're risking losing our status as a world leader in every category except consumption and what we can do to turn that around. Just as long as we get past November 2012? WTF is that about?
Then it's not his problem?

Great thread, SJ
:cool:

Last edited:
PapaObama has almost equaled in three years Bush debt from eight years

At this rate, it would double the total debt in eight years

Assuming he wins again, I know big assumption

Fuck them all!

Thank you, OldSalt.
I was just browsing through and thinking the same thing that you've pointed out.

At the risk of sounding like a TPer or Beck-head, the majority of our legislative branch *still* don't comprehend that they're there to serve US.

Both parties have only served their own best interests in attempting to cover their own asses for the next election.
Obama stood in front of America and flat-out stated that his main objective was to "get us through the next election".

Nevermind that we're risking losing our status as a world leader in every category except consumption and what we can do to turn that around. Just as long as we get past November 2012? WTF is that about?

Great thread, OS

If Obama loses in 2012, do you think Republicans will right the economic ship with their cuts only approach?

Fuck them all!

Thank you, OldSalt.

Great thread, OS

If Obama loses in 2012, do you think Republicans will right the economic ship with their cuts only approach?
No.
The only way that "cuts only" would work was if we took at least 25% across the board with absolutely zero new spending.
We all know the latter would never happen, so there will have to be an increase in taxes for more than just the "rich".

So, bush increasing the debt from 5 to 10.5 trillion, passing unfunded Medicare Part D, Tarp, and 2 non-budgeted wars has no blame? I'm not absolving democrats of blame, I'm saying they all (R&D) share, equally, 100% of the blame.
Didn't say that...In fact, I ripped the hell out of the Shrub and his LBJ-ish policies on a regular basis...Ask anyone who knows me.

However, he has been out of office for 2 1/2 years and his replacement has doubled down on those idiotic and doomed-to-fail policies.

Yet, somehow or another, Boiking, through the mystical powers of hopey-changey, is supposed to make chicken soup out of chicken shit?

Fuck them all!

The poor little scape goat, The one that followed GWs policies and doubled down, then started many of his own, Like killing business at every opportunity.

Didn't say that...In fact, I ripped the hell out of the Shrub and his LBJ-ish policies on a regular basis...Ask anyone who knows me.

However, he has been out of office for 2 1/2 years and his replacement has doubled down on those idiotic and doomed-to-fail policies.

Yet, somehow or another, Boiking, through the mystical powers of hopey-changey, is supposed to make chicken soup out of chicken shit?

But the cost of Bush's programs have still been accumulating for the past 2.5 years. Obama's first and biggest mistake was bringing in the same guys who were so blind to the initial market/housing crash. Instead of building a "Team of Rivals" he should have been building a team of people who weren't tainted by wall street/fed and could get things done.

wow....whatta nice, little generic-complaint....in a Teabagger kind-o'-way.

You feelin' more-engaged (in the process), now?

handjob.gif

Fuck them all!

The poor little scape goat, The one that followed GWs policies and doubled down, then started many of his own, Like killing business at every opportunity.

If business is "killed" why are profits up? What business has scaled back making goods? Are the costs of consumer goods increasing? Is there inflation?

Forum List

Back