Do you make your decisions based on emotional outbursts or logic?

Will banning a solitary weapon (AR15) stop school shootings?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
the poll is garbage .. why even bother to answer it ?

raise the min age to purchase assault rifles wont stop school shootings completely, but if it keeps one sick minded kid from killing other kids wtf does it hurt ? at least have a parent co-sign for underage kids who want to own assault rifles and hold them equally responsible if their kid goes on a shooting spree in a public place.

raise the min age to purchase assault rifles wont stop school shootings completely, but if it keeps one sick minded kid from killing other kids wtf does it hurt ? at least have a parent co-sign for underage kids who want to own assault rifles and hold them equally responsible if their kid goes on a shooting spree in a public place.
Nice try & FAIL...

The poll isn't about raising the age, which I have no problem with. The poll is about an outright gun ban.
The only reason someone won' answer it is because it fills their talking points full of bullet holes (pun intended)

Answer the poll honestly if you are capable. Show us your logic or be exposed for running on emotion.
Answer the poll honestly if you are capable. Show us your logic or be exposed for running on emotion.
No you don't need an AR-15 to carry out a mass shooting you don't even need a semi automatic rifle to do it.
Gabby giffords shooting shooter used Glock 19 pistol.
Virginia Tech shooting shooter used Glock 19 pistol; Walther P22 pistol.
Fort Hood shooting shooter used FN Five-seven pistol Smith & Wesson.357 Magnum revolver.
You can go all the way back to the shooting at a Luby's cafeteria in 1991 shooter used Glock 17 Ruger P89 pistols.

A shotgun in an enclosed space like a school would be devastating.

I just don't get this hard on for one gun.

Because the individuals wanting to ban the AR-15 have never fired a firearm.

Give a killer a pump action with buck shot and see how fast those wanting to ban the AR-15 will learn that shotguns can do a lot of damage..
Even if they haven't they have to be intelligent enough to know if someone wants to kill they will use whatever they have access to to do it.

You're correct.

Too many gun haters live in a false reality and do not realize a killer will kill and the weapon of choice is whatever is the easiest to get for the least amount of money that will do the max amount of killing...

Remove firearms plan for truck bombs and the sad part is our society has no damn clue what to do about this problen of mass murder in this country...
we want to make it harder to kill yes??
much harder to kill with a bonb

Will it stop school shootings?

No.

Why?

Banning of certain firearms will not stop mass murders and they will either go for pump action shotguns or worst the Tim McVeigh route and say forget the gun because they have a truck bomb...
most murders/mass shootings are done with guns
so, because they could use a bomb [much more difficult to build and use ] we should just let the mass shootings/murder continue and do NOTHING ???!!!!

we should do nothing?? let them do the easier route--guns??
Where are you getting this do nothing bullshit. Why don't you pull your head out of the msm ass and pay attention.
Many of us as well as many conservative talking heads as well as conservative politicians are suggesting things we should look into as well as a few immediate ideas.
There are numerous ideas being tossed around but if you remain in your asinine leftist bubble you'll never hear them.
I'm not leftist or ''rightest''..I've fired many weapons -a lot
so MOST of the murders are committed by guns
ALL of the school shootings are committed with guns
very, very few of the murders are committed with bombs and cars

you are the ASS because it is asinine to say ''well, why do anything about guns, if they can use bombs/cars??'''
???!! they are NOT using bombs/cars in the school shootings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you don't get it ???????!!!!!??????!!!!!!

they use MOSTLY guns in murders!!!!!! and you/they say ''well, they could use bombs cars'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the problem NOW---NOW!!!-- is guns....when they start using bombs and cars more, we will cross that bridge when we get to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[bombs and cars much more difficult to use ]

'''they can use bombs and cars anyway''' is like telling a cancer patient ''well why do anything, you might die of a lightning strike anyway '''

if you don't see the idiocy of that--you are an idiot

Will it stoo school shootings?

No.

Why?

Banning of certain firearms will not stop mass murders and they will either go for pump action shotguns or worst the Tim McVeigh route and say forget the gun because they have a truck bomb...

It's another step in the fascist goal of total gun bans.

An Ar15 is a weapon designed for military use. Now my 30-06 was a military weapon and I could probably kill more people with it than the average conservative with an AR-15. The AR-15 is the choice of wackos because it is a high volume shooting weapon. As such is the one people want banned. Myself, I simply want conservatives banned.

I'll put my AR against a bolt gun anyday.

The garbage is in your Russian shaped post I have quoted here.

Give a killer a pump action with buck shot and see how fast those wanting to ban the AR-15 will learn that shotguns can do a lot of damage..
Even if they haven't they have to be intelligent enough to know if someone wants to kill they will use whatever they have access to to do it.

You're correct.

Too many gun haters live in a false reality and do not realize a killer will kill and the weapon of choice is whatever is the easiest to get for the least amount of money that will do the max amount of killing...

Remove firearms plan for truck bombs and the sad part is our society has no damn clue what to do about this problen of mass murder in this country...

No.

Why?

so, because they could use a bomb [much more difficult to build and use ] we should just let the mass shootings/murder continue and do NOTHING ???!!!!

Where are you getting this do nothing bullshit. Why don't you pull your head out of the msm ass and pay attention.
Many of us as well as many conservative talking heads as well as conservative politicians are suggesting things we should look into as well as a few immediate ideas.
There are numerous ideas being tossed around but if you remain in your asinine leftist bubble you'll never hear them.

you are the ASS because it is asinine to say ''well, why do anything about guns, if they can use bombs/cars??'''
???!! they are NOT using bombs/cars in the school shootings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they use MOSTLY guns in murders!!!!!! and you/they say ''well, they could use bombs cars'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the problem NOW---NOW!!!-- is guns....when they start using bombs and cars more, we will cross that bridge when we get to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'''they can use bombs and cars anyway''' is like telling a cancer patient ''well why do anything, you might die of a lightning strike anyway '''

Where did I mention bombs? Can you read? Like, even a little bit?

Bombings have killed more people than mass shootings. Its absurd to think a gun ban will stop crazy nut jobs from killing people.

No.

Why?

You’re right nothing will stop gun violence. I don’t think anybody is claiming that a magical law will stop gun violence. But what about this question. What happens when a gunman has more firepower vs less firepower? If stronger weapons are banned and less accessible and if the next shooter goes in with less firepower as a result and kills one less person as a result, then would you consider that a good thing?

The claim that banning a weapon such as an AR 15 will reduce body count is based on nothing more than knee jerk emotional reaction. There are numerous weapons that will do as much if not more harm. A few handguns in an enclosed setting like a classroom or shotguns mentioned earlier would easily do as much damage as an AR 15. The main advantage for a long gun, accuracy at range, is pointless when placing all your targets at a 15' distance. I would prefer a handgun myself in any situation like that - they are much easier and faster to use in close quarters.

It is not the AR15 that is the problem here - it is a cultural breakdown and the inability to identify the nutcases and take care of them BEFORE they become mass killers that is the problem here.

No.

Why?

How many shots does a shotgun hold and how many does an AR-15 hold?

You're correct.

No.

Why?

Where did I mention bombs? Can you read? Like, even a little bit?
ok roger that--I did say-- ''they''...I see Bruce and others mentioned the ''McVeigh route'' = bomb

I love shooting...I have quite a few books on guns and have read many more
I'm not anti-gun--I'm pro-common sense/reasonable

No.

Why?

You're correct.

Ban conservatives, there is your answer.
Easier solution.

Move the fuck to Somolia.

More to your liking.

The claim that banning a weapon such as an AR 15 will reduce body count is based on nothing more than knee jerk emotional reaction. There are numerous weapons that will do as much if not more harm. A few handguns in an enclosed setting like a classroom or shotguns mentioned earlier would easily do as much damage as an AR 15. The main advantage for a long gun, accuracy at range, is pointless when placing all your targets at a 15' distance. I would prefer a handgun myself in any situation like that - they are much easier and faster to use in close quarters.

It is not the AR15 that is the problem here - it is a cultural breakdown and the inability to identify the nutcases and take care of them BEFORE they become mass killers that is the problem here.
You are cherry picking situations. Of course you can find scenarios to fit your narrative, but then you also have to acknowledge the other scenarios where weapons like the AR-15 are much more lethal and dangerous, right?

You're correct.

No.

Why?

I have a better chance being killed by a driver on a cellphone than being killed by some nass shooter...

So I demand you start arresting every driver that drive with their cellphone glue to their ear because they are more dangerous than the average citizen that own a damn gun!
again --the car analogy is ridiculous --there is no comparison
try something else
hshahhahahahah
we shouldn't try to cut down mass SHOOTINGS--shootings--because we might make it more difficult for them to go to bombs???!!!??????
because there are car deaths [ which isn't even comparable ] we shouldn't try to stop mass SHOOTINGS???!!!!

because some women have red hair, because there are knives/bats/pools/we should not try to cut down mass shootings--this is like what you are saying

If banning AR-15s would have a minute effect in reducing mass shootings, you might have a point. But, it won't, and consequently, you don't have a point. First, there are too many of them already in the population, and second, there are too many substitutes with the same firepower.

Forum List

Back