Do You Lock Your Doors At Night?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I most certainly do. Why? Because there are people out there who have no sense of community or ethics. They take what others have because they do not have the self=respect to go out and earn it for themselves.

Read the full story @ Do You Lock Your Doors At Night?

I most certainly do. Why? Because there are people out there who have no sense of community or ethics. They take what others have because they do not have the self=respect to go out and earn it for themselves.

I do but not out of fear or concern that someone may come in. Locks are to keep honest people from being tempted. Locks do not prevent thieves from entering. I do so because it could possibly give my insurance company a way to refuse coverage. If they'll give me a better rate for having a deadbolt lock, despite it being next to a piece of glass that can easily be broken, who knows what they might do if I didn't lock the doors.

Several years ago a friend of mine fought his insurance company and won. After having his convertible broken into multiple times by having the top cut, he decided to no longer lock his door. He believed that if a crook wanted in, they would get in by cutting the top. If the doors were unlocked, while the result would be the same, he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of having his top replaced, AGAIN.

The author of the article seems to have difficulty distinguishing between locking the doors of your personal dwelling to protect your family and your personal property (although I thought you guys preferred sitting up all night waiting for the porch step to creak so you could shoot someone) with the assumption that every American owns every inch of land along the southern border and has the by-God right to seal us all in.

Piss-poor analogy.

The author of the article seems to have difficulty distinguishing between locking the doors of your personal dwelling to protect your family and your personal property (although I thought you guys preferred sitting up all night waiting for the porch step to creak so you could shoot someone) with the assumption that every American owns every inch of land along the southern border and has the by-God right to seal us all in.

Piss-poor analogy.

The only piss poor thing on here is YOU. Speaking of piss, I wouldn't waste a good piss on you if you were on fire unless I could piss gasoline.

Piss-poor analogy.

How long you been a lib ?

Generally though it is not a priority really. Most people will assume they are locked if closed at night anyway. I have fallen asleep with every door in my house unlocked and only the storm doors closed.

I lock mine and its a good thing too because sadly I have had a couple of close calls, thankfully neither one of them were recently.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Several years ago a friend of mine fought his insurance company and won. After having his convertible broken into multiple times by having the top cut, he decided to no longer lock his door. He believed that if a crook wanted in, they would get in by cutting the top. If the doors were unlocked, while the result would be the same, he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of having his top replaced, AGAIN.

That's why I walk away with my car windows rolled down in certain high-risk areas. I'd rather have the junk inside stolen than have the window smashed.

So far, nothing stolen, not even the spare change that's in open view. There are some good things about having an older vehicle.

I'm sure you've all heard the story of the guy in SanFrancisco who parked his old Car, rolled down every window, Put a note on the dash "nothing in here to steal" The criminal rolled up all the windows, broke them all out, turned the note over and wrote "just checking".

That's why I walk away with my car windows rolled down in certain high-risk areas. I'd rather have the junk inside stolen than have the window smashed.

So far, nothing stolen, not even the spare change that's in open view. There are some good things about having an older vehicle.

I make it a habit of not going into high risk areas but I understand what you're saying.

Where I live in a middle class neighborhood we have a lot of property crime both day and night.

Cars and residences are burglarized both day and night.

So where I live you need to barricade yourself into a safe room at night, with your cell phone next to your bed, and with a 45 under your pillow.

I also put a carbine next to my bed in addition to the 45 under my pillow.

This gives me 20 rounds immediately available before I need to fumble for a magazine to reload.

I live a long way out in the sticks so while we lock our front door, the back door (behind a fence, and a very noisy yard) we don't lock the back door. Anyone approaching the rear will make so much noise that we will be very well prepared by the time they get to the rear door.

I lock my home but never my trucks. If someone wants to steal something out of them I would rather not deal with the busted glass after the fact.

Not in like 14 years after I moved out of the chicago area to south Carolina .
When I would visit my cousins in Wichita Falls Texas on their cattle ranch, they would always leave the doors unlocked at night. They knew all the neighbors for miles around.

I would get up at night when they were all asleep and I would lock all the doors.

Pretty soon their mother would get up after me and unlock them again.

I grew up in the big cities.

They grew up in the countryside.

Forum List

Back